Yep, here it comes - gun control lies front and center

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Truth. The US has a dictatorship on paper, but something is holding back it's implementation. What could it be?

The lack of runaway inflation, anarchy and chaos. Or some other crisis for the implementation of martial law and other excessive and unecessary government control, like a nuclear exchange between Iran and Israel, or a 25% unemployment rate accompanied by rioting, or any number of others....

Just wait'll next year. :rolleyes:

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The lack of runaway inflation, anarchy and chaos. Or some other crisis for the implementation of martial law and other excessive and unecessary government control, like a nuclear exchange between Iran and Israel, or a 25% unemployment rate accompanied by rioting, or any number of others....

Just wait'll next year. :rolleyes:

It won't work unless they disarm us first. If 1% said stood up and said they weren't going to take it, there's no way to control that. If we remain armed, we could still get there through a slow creep that the sheep don't notice.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
It won't work unless they disarm us first. If 1% said stood up and said they weren't going to take it, there's no way to control that. If we remain armed, we could still get there through a slow creep that the sheep don't notice.

It will work.

They've set us against each other. No need for disarmament at all.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It will work.

They've set us against each other. No need for disarmament at all.

Next to you, I'm the optimist! Lol

You might be right though, but more then just being divided and conquered, our society struggles with denial. Really smart people stick their fingers in their ears when confronted with facts and say silly stuff like, "I'm not and never will be part of the hate America crowd." Or they simply accept everything the government says as gospel. Or they buy into the schtick that we need to give up our rights in order to be safe.

These are the sheeple and they deserve every bit of tyranny we end up with.

On the other side of the coin, there is a group of people who see the direction we're heading and are planning for it or trying to prevent it. The former need to realize that they will still lose of the latter are unsuccesful.

I definately get it. If liberty is lost in America, it's only a matter of time for it to be lost everywhere else.

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
@RobinTKD You made some interesting points, but one thing struck me again and again. It was when you kept insisting that if no one had access to guns then our need to defend ourselves would be equally reduced. I'm a big guy (but getting older all the time) with a background in MA and live in a very safe country with respect to violent crime. You're a young man with a background in MA. I'll assume that means you're at least slightly athletic and in decent shape. So we're both able to handle ourselves fairly well I'd say. So the odds of a criminal who's looking for an easy score singling either of us out are probably lower.

Go back and look at the several articles that Elder99 linked to, did you notice something many of the articles had in common? The largest growing group of gun owners in the US, for many years, has been senior citizens. You and I are healthy guys capable of holding our own in a fight. But how would either of us realistically fair against 2-3 opponents at the same time? Now put my 82 year old mother in our place. (Heart condition, diabetes, arthritis, 2 artificial knees and an artificial shoulder) I think that she might present an easy target to some thug looking for an easy paycheck. I have a wife and 2 very beautiful daughters aged 24 and 25. Since they're all Japanese, they're all fairly petite by western standards. They wouldn't scare off any tough guy on their looks alone. In fact, their looks might attract more unwanted attention in the form of some kind of rape or assault. But any of those 4 women with a pistol and the training and will to use it would be more than a match for 2-3 men much larger than themselves. That's why senior citizens are attracted to guns. That's why women who don't relish being robbed, kidnapped, beaten, or raped buy handguns in larger numbers every year. Specifically because they can carry a concealed firearm with them when they travel or when they're at home without causing alarm to others, but can protect themselves and others should they have to. I think that's a pretty good thing to keep in mind. It reminds me of a comment I once heard: "Why do I carry a gun? Because I can't carry a cop."