World Combat League

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ground fighting is a very disciplined and technical form of Martial Science. It certainly is not as what is referenced above and nor should it be referred to as that Twin Fist. It is instead a technical and detailed way to control position and break things and or choke someone out. Certainly you do not have to like it but you should absolutely respect it because it is extremely effective.
icon6.gif

Now as to the World Combat League I enjoy watching it as they have had quite a few quality fighter's in it. They also have that team aspect which is cool to.
icon14.gif

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
please dont try and tell me what i should or shouldnt respect Brian. i dont do that to you. Please return the favor brother.

In point of fact, i do respect the people who are very skilled in the ground game.

I have no interest in it.I have no interest in iado either, but i respect the people that are very good at it.

But it looks like what it looks like. I didnt say it IS, i said thats what it looked like.

lighten up

bowser666

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Ground fighting is a very disciplined and technical form of Martial Science. It certainly is not as what is referenced above and nor should it be referred to as that Twin Fist. It is instead a technical and detailed way to control position and break things and or choke someone out. Certainly you do not have to like it but you should absolutely respect it because it is extremely effective.
icon6.gif

Now as to the World Combat League I enjoy watching it as they have had quite a few quality fighter's in it. They also have that team aspect which is cool to.
icon14.gif

It is effective in a octagon or ring , or in a 1 on 1 situation. in my opinion though in multiple attacker situations it is ineffective. Unless you move faster than the speed of light.

Skpotamus

Brown Belt
Reaction score
It is effective in a octagon or ring , or in a 1 on 1 situation. in my opinion though in multiple attacker situations it is ineffective. Unless you move faster than the speed of light.

Unfortunately, against multiple opponents, few things are effective.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
wow, an UN-signed rep ding, and a big one too, almost 20 points. That means someone who has been around here long enough to know better than un-signed rep dings

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The rep system on Martial Talk falls under the same rules as general posting does. If you feel that you've been unfairly targeted by a rep comment the protocol is to notify staff of the problem and allow us to review it and deal with it accordingly. Discussion of rep in-thread will do nothing to correct the situation. As has been stated before on this forum no one is exempt from the rules of polite discourse.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thread was about watching competitions on TV not which art is best for fighting out on the street. That's not to say any of the competitors are going to be shabby when attacked for real in the street or anywhere else!