Wish me luck!

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Did we lose her?

I don't think so, Lauren. She'll be back... probably is frustrated out of her mind—I would be—and it's no fun having to contemplate a major switch in your MA life, even if you have reason to believe you're being treated badly where you are...

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't think so, Lauren. She'll be back... probably is frustrated out of her mind—I would be—and it's no fun having to contemplate a major switch in your MA life, even if you have reason to believe you're being treated badly where you are...

Typically perceptive, Exile. And I think you're right on. Now let's see, where's that rep button.... :)

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

Very good point sir.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Did we lose her?

She's been on MT today - just apparently not posting on this thread.

Yeah... what he said!

Drunken_Boxer

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Damn buddy im so so sorry for you that you failed, you know, that happens...thats kinda hard.
Like me, we had this test for the yellow belt, and you know my stomack hurts and I was feelin very bad because i know he are goin to ask me what is the name of this poomsae etc., but I know what was the name of the first poomsae, i just couldnt spit it out (yeah Im stuttering, when i try to spit some words it just being to stop, you know like a blockade or somethin), so he asked me "what is the name of the first poomsae?", I was like "aehm" *scratches head*, i really know it i know it, but i just cant spit the s--- out, so i sad, "I dont know" and looked down.
I have this test for the green belt in like 2 or 3 weeks, people please wish me luck...and the problem is, a old master from my master is goin to test us, not my "real master", his name is Zejd, he was 6x the champion in bosnien,
Champion in Germany, ex.jugoslawien, he won many tournaments wide Europe.
Black belt 1.dan Stuttgart 1982, 2.dan Stuttgart 1985, 3.dan Hamburg 1989, 4.dan Ankara 1997, 5.dan Atina 2001.
He was and is still the president taekwondo akademie 1994 till day.
MAybe someone knows him, his master was Part, he got a black belt 9.dan, damn.
H/w guys, please wish me luck... :)

OP
bookworm_cn317

bookworm_cn317

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Don't worry--still alive. I just have some non-TKD related problems I have to deal with.

GOOD NEWS: I was accepted to be an intern at the local CBS affiliate.
BAD NEWS: My grades weren't good enough last semester, so I might be suspended for a semester. Hopefully not, because my mom & I filled out an appeal form and maybe they'll feel sorry for me and let me back in.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Don't worry--still alive. I just have some non-TKD related problems I have to deal with.
Life happens - but thanks for letting us know! I hope everything comes out all right.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

BAD NEWS: My grades weren't good enough last semester, so I might be suspended for a semester. Hopefully not, because my mom & I filled out an appeal form and maybe they'll feel sorry for me and let me back in.
Hmm... I could see if they wanted you to redo some of the work, and I know some of the colleges around here will make you retake classes at another school if you get too low... but what good does suspending you do? It just lets your other skills get stale. Anyway, here's hoping they grant your appeal!

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

Man, you have a LOT going on right now!!!
Glad you said hello... congrats and good luck!!

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Life happens - but thanks for letting us know! I hope everything comes out all right.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Hmm... I could see if they wanted you to redo some of the work, and I know some of the colleges around here will make you retake classes at another school if you get too low... but what good does suspending you do? It just lets your other skills get stale. Anyway, here's hoping they grant your appeal!

Exactly what Kacey says, BKWRM!

Everyone's experience is different in detail, but a lot of people have encountered this sort of thing. I went through a very bad patch when I was a graduate student—a year of severe depression, barely adequate academic performance—I was facing the loss of my fellowship—and major conflicts with a number of people I was very close to. Felt like the end of the world. And a year or so later, it had turned 180º, as though I could do no wrong. And when I talked about this period to various friends of mine, they turned out to have had similar experiences. Things look very bleak, hopeless, and then... you turn around and it's all golden. It doesn't necessarily stay that way, but... you know what I mean?

Just don't give up, or give in. TKD is your art, so the phrase `indomitable spirit' should be familiar. It sounds hokey, and maybe is, as a bit of rote motivation-babble. But it actually means something very important: don't give up. Stay tough, don't admit defeat, outlast the opposition. It really happens, but a lot of people give up way too early and never get to see it. You're not going to do that, right? :)

OP
bookworm_cn317

bookworm_cn317

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Exactly what Kacey says, BKWRM!

Everyone's experience is different in detail, but a lot of people have encountered this sort of thing. I went through a very bad patch when I was a graduate student—a year of severe depression, barely adequate academic performance—I was facing the loss of my fellowship—and major conflicts with a number of people I was very close to. Felt like the end of the world. And a year or so later, it had turned 180º, as though I could do no wrong. And when I talked about this period to various friends of mine, they turned out to have had similar experiences. Things look very bleak, hopeless, and then... you turn around and it's all golden. It doesn't necessarily stay that way, but... you know what I mean?

Just don't give up, or give in. TKD is your art, so the phrase `indomitable spirit' should be familiar. It sounds hokey, and maybe is, as a bit of rote motivation-babble. But it actually means something very important: don't give up. Stay tough, don't admit defeat, outlast the opposition. It really happens, but a lot of people give up way too early and never get to see it. You're not going to do that, right? :)

Wasn't planning on it. I'm gonna try TCC-- I'll take an easy class or 2 to get my GPA up. Cross your fingers & hope they have some classes I can try.

OP
bookworm_cn317

bookworm_cn317

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I JUST got a call from the Office of Continuance--the lady that called me asked me to fax her the documents on my learning disability. My mom's gonna do that tomorrow (there's a fax machine at her office). I let my mom know that I was e-mailing her the fax number so she can do that--both of us are taking that as a good sign.

That IS a good sign, right?

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I JUST got a call from the Office of Continuance--the lady that called me asked me to fax her the documents on my learning disability. My mom's gonna do that tomorrow (there's a fax machine at her office). I let my mom know that I was e-mailing her the fax number so she can do that--both of us are taking that as a good sign.

That IS a good sign, right?

This IS a good sign - right! It means they are taking your application seriously; otherwise, they would not want documentation.

OP
bookworm_cn317

bookworm_cn317

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I enrolled at TCC yesterday-- I'm going to the VA Beach campus tomorrow to meet with an advisor & to talk to the math teacher that teaches Statistics online (and ask, maybe beg, to be added to the class).

Cross your fingers & hope I get added!

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I enrolled at TCC yesterday-- I'm going to the VA Beach campus tomorrow to meet with an advisor & to talk to the math teacher that teaches Statistics online (and ask, maybe beg, to be added to the class).

Cross your fingers & hope I get added!

The best of luck on this, BkWrm. As always, we want to know how it all works out.

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Best wishes, bookworm! I have all the proper parts crossed for you (fingers, toes, eyes...)

OP
bookworm_cn317

bookworm_cn317

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I'M BACK IN!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!
I got a letter from ODU in the mail today. They said I can come back in, though I'm still on academic probation-- so I'm gonna hafta drop that kendo class. Oh well, maybe some other time, huh?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'M BACK IN!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!
I got a letter from ODU in the mail today. They said I can come back in, though I'm still on academic probation-- so I'm gonna hafta drop that kendo class. Oh well, maybe some other time, huh?
Good for you bookworm and good luck with everything

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm gonna hafta drop that kendo class. Oh well, maybe some other time, huh?

It'll still be there when you're back in high gear academically. First things first... sounds like things are looking up.

Keep us posted on developments. BTW, have you come to any conclusions about the situation at your dojang?

Latest Discussions