Wing Chun Boxing

karatejj

Green Belt
Reaction score
I would like to see something work before I invest time and money in it.

Is that unreasonable?

Not reasona to criticise if you not take time to try it. If no interest in trying the go talk about MA u ARE interest in!! Simples

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Not reasona to criticise if you not take time to try it. If no interest in trying the go talk about MA u ARE interest in!! Simples

Is asking to see if something actually works before I try it criticism?

What if it doesn't work. Then I will be out of pocket.

karatejj

Green Belt
Reaction score

Dude, you hangin out on this forum too criticize some style of wing chun taht you never tried nor know nothing about. Too me that is clear, you crazy.

If you out of pocket buy few dollard then :finger:, at least u learn something rather than usual talk talk talk

an if a few dollar to much for u to spend, then you no interest in wing chun at WTF are you doing posting on wing chun forum every day of ur life??

You nuts, like I said

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Dude, you hangin out on this forum too criticize some style of wing chun taht you never tried nor know nothing about. Too me that is clear, you crazy.

If you out of pocket buy few dollard then boo hoo, at least u learn something for a change rather than usual talk talk talk

Ok. But this thread is about Wing Chun being combined with boxing.

Not Ving Tsung being a complete system.

So do you feel I have criticized wing chun boxing combination?

Mabye I am not the one bashing styles here.

karatejj

Green Belt
Reaction score
Ok. But this thread is about Wing Chun being combined with boxing.

Not Ving Tsung being a complete system.

So do you feel I have criticized wing chun boxing combination?

Mabye I am not the one bashing styles here.

I got nothin but strong support for waht sifu KPM is doin to make wing chun boxing

Short answer for u and other that all talk, no action: get off ur a** and try it before you speak. Taht way we not waist time on you're biased lazy opinion base on nuthin!!

LFJ

Senior Master
Reaction score
Your link never worked on that tournement. I mean a tournament is cool. But how do I put this delicately?

Was this sort of national tournament that anyone wanted to show up to?

Delicately?

You're trying to disqualify a competition before knowing anything about it while claiming to be unbiased??

It's an international open-style tournament. People from around the world have gone.

Are you saying it doesn't count if UFC champions aren't competing? That is just a lame bias, and you are still afraid to register to fight in it.

Blindly criticizing by saying there is no proof that it works and that it can't be faced in competition, while refusing to check it out or acknowldge an international open-style tournament hosted by a VT group, is plainly dishonest style-bashing.

Then you sit at home and wonder, but you don't get to say there is no evidence because you are afraid to examine it.

dudewingchun

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Not hidden at all. Doors are open around the world.

There's also an open-style tournament hosted annually by a VT school in Germany. Why don't you register for the next one?
How do you register

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Delicately?

You're trying to disqualify a competition before knowing anything about it while claiming to be unbiased??

It's an international open-style tournament. People from around the world have gone.

Are you saying it doesn't count if UFC champions aren't competing? That is just a lame bias, and you are still afraid to register to fight in it.

Yeah but your link never worked. So we cant judge if it is good or lame.
And for reference sake.

I live here.

images

It is not exactly a bus trip.

karatejj

Green Belt
Reaction score
Since you are speaking so openly and without any spelling check :) I'll give my take on your answer in the same manner as you did without any restraint and I'll give you my conclusions after 25 years practicing martial arts.

My 8-9 years in Wing Chun weren't wasted years, but it was wasted money. Let me elaborate:

- No wasted years, why you might think, well they showed me alot of stuff how it SHOULDN'T be done. How their self defense only works in their OWN eco system, some will say this isn't the case but trust me it is.

- It was wasted money, why, because it would've been better if I took up Boxing.

Heh, it aint nobody fault but you're own if u waisted 8-9 year on some lame wing chun that not workin right. Most of us can tell after 2-5 max lesson!! This just tell me u had no base of real fightin to be able to tell. You start off a soft person wit no experience, ok

The thing is, WC led me to Pukulan and Silat and that was the good thing about it for me

Sound like you going on just as u start!! Heh, 25 wasted year..

The advice I would give you is, take some english lessons.

Advice I would give u is take teh silver spoon out you're mouth, finger out you're a**, and suck it up boy.

Some of us here been there done taht, and it never took 25 year (lol) to figure it out. I been boxin since I was a kid, many real fights, I know whats what. You shpuld be askin advice, not givin it :D

Knapf

Green Belt
Reaction score
Well the 1979 is my year of birth, "son" :finger:

Ok some more advice for you:

1st order yourself an adult brain, get rid of that 12 year old one because it only gives you problems with language and logical thinking

2nd if you are studying WC or VT or whatever combination of letters that can mean toilet, just try to spar a little bit with a kickboxer or boxer, or even give a proper Pukulan guy a shot, I bet that they will beat the living **** out of you, or maybe not if you ask them friendly to "Chi Sao" with you :facepalm:

Congrats I didn't think WC/VT people could sink any further, but you proved me otherwise
I wanted to rate your post Funny but then I decided on Informative instead. :D

Last edited:
OP
K

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
Your uppercut/bodyshot doesn't spread at all. And, I'm aware of tun-sau, but it and moving inward toward the centerline are not taan by the very definition of the word.

See link. English verb is "to spread out; to open". So, to expand from center, opening, not contract to center, closing.

摊的解释|摊的意思|汉典“摊”字的基本解释

So again, you can see a boxer's "duck and weave motion" and a "high cover" in the Biu Jee form, but you can't see a Tan shape with the hand closed being a punch? o_O Or that motion in the Chum Kiu form being a body shot? You really need to get over yourself.

OP
K

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've been thinking about this and, I agree with LFJ that for the most part. IMO, tan sau serves best to spread to the outside. Of course you can use a "tan sau" position to deflect to the inside, but normally wouldn't you use a vertically aligned palm as a jum-sau to deflect downward ....or roll your hand over into a palm-down fook-sau ... or even use a pak-sau, to deflect inward?

---I agree! Tan is better used outward than inward because when you do it inward you risk crossing center and putting yourself in a vulnerable position. But that doesn't mean there won't be times when you would use an inward Tan, depending upon the situation. And, as I noted before, what would you call the upper arm motion when done at the same time as the lower Gan Sau in the dummy form? Especially when using it to deflect something across and inward?

I think the problem I have with LFJ is that he won't even entertain the idea that "there is more than one way to skin a cat" and arbitrarily dismisses divergent opinion.

----True! Anyone that can't see that "to spread" can mean outward or inward is being pretty narrow-minded! ;)

karatejj

Green Belt
Reaction score
1st order yourself an adult brain, get rid of that 12 year old one because it only gives you problems with language and logical thinking

Dude, I am sharp thinkin, just not so good on pressing computer button. I am man, joined army, fought for country. Islamist never got me, I can do thinkin just fine boy. Now I run own busines (wit help from acounts guys an otherz), givin jobs to lozers and helpin community. Ur weak, pasty cubicle office guy taht think martial art aint got nothin to do wit fightin. LOL at u thinking u teh voice of experienz

2nd if you are studying WC or VT or whatever combination of letters that can mean toilet, just try to spar a little bit with a kickboxer or boxer, or even give a proper Pukulan guy a shot, I bet that they will beat the living **** out of you, or maybe not if you ask them friendly to "Chi Sao" with you :facepalm:

I am boxer, LOL. wing chun is add on 4 me. Pukulan, lololz, WTF is that??

Latest Discussions