Wing Chun Boxing

karatejj

Green Belt
Reaction score
The same could be said of many WC scools and lineages, as well as schools from a good deal of other styles too. That on it's face doesn't make any of those styles Uber lethal, or better than any of those other schools and styles doing the same.

Yet you continue to bluster as if everything that does not fall into the narrow confines of what you (allegedly) train is somehow incorrect by default, without any evidence to support that. It's frankly sort of pathetic.

Hey dude, if it not even make sense then think we can ignore!!

Thgis all we can do on a forum man:D

LFJ

Senior Master
Reaction score
The same could be said of many WC scools and lineages, as well as schools from a good deal of other styles too. That on it's face doesn't make any of those styles Uber lethal, or better than any of those other schools and styles doing the same.

Yet you continue to bluster as if everything that does not fall into the narrow confines of what you (allegedly) train is somehow incorrect by default, without any evidence to support that. It's frankly sort of pathetic.

No idea where you're getting this.

I never said VT is particularly "lethal", and I have given evidence that certain understandings of taan are incorrect by definition.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
No idea where you're getting this.

I never said VT is particularly "lethal", and I have given evidence that certain understandings of taan are incorrect by definition.
Gee I dunno. Must be thin air...

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yes, but if they're doing something else, they need a new word for it, because they have completely castrated its definition.

You should speak for yourself. Most of you have not even seen VT in person, much less faced it in competition or any other manner.

People change the meanings of words.

We really should draw from systems we can see in person or face in competition or any other manner. That is a limitation of VT. And the issue with the technical critique. You don't explain why you think it works. And there is nothing to show it works.

This is why boxing is such a good mix. Because you can use it. And use it in any manner you want. If you never want to throw a rotational punch. That doesn't stop you from boxing.

Might stop you from boxing well. But they are big gloves and so are more forgiving.

Nobody Important

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Lol u still crazy man
That apparently doesn't deter you from having a crush on me.

While I'm flattered, I'm sure you're not my type, and besides I'm not into online dating.

Please leave me alone. I've much better things to do than constantly ward off the advances of some special needs individual who wants to engage in online flirting with me.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I said nothing about "contracting". And I was taught Tan simply means "to spread" with no out or in implied. If your left hand is forward, it can "spread" as easily to the right as to the left. And CSL lineage also uses Tan to move back or "spread" as it receives. Pin Sun calls this a "Tun Sau". You truly have a very limited view of wing chun and still show that you think all wing chun should be the same as WSLVT! o_O

I've been thinking about this and, I agree with LFJ that for the most part. IMO, tan sau serves best to spread to the outside. Of course you can use a "tan sau" position to deflect to the inside, but normally wouldn't you use a vertically aligned palm as a jum-sau to deflect downward ....or roll your hand over into a palm-down fook-sau ... or even use a pak-sau, to deflect inward?

I think the problem I have with LFJ is that he won't even entertain the idea that "there is more than one way to skin a cat" and arbitrarily dismisses divergent opinion.

LFJ

Senior Master
Reaction score
People change the meanings of words.

To mean the exact opposite of what they're doing? Only if they never understood the word to begin with!

We really should draw from systems we can see in person or face in competition or any other manner. That is a limitation of VT.

You are only stopping yourself from going to see it in person. And, I know you've been shown an annual open-style competition hosted by a VT school.

So, why the continued dishonesty?

How 'bout you go register to compete in the next one? You and Martial D can go as a team.

And the issue with the technical critique. You don't explain why you think it works. And there is nothing to show it works.

I've explained a ton on this forum, and your refusal to look doesn't mean there's "nothing".

LFJ

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think the problem I have with LFJ is that he won't even entertain the idea that "there is more than one way to skin a cat" and arbitrarily dismisses divergent opinion.

I don't care if other people want do something else. But, the interpretation of taan given here is demonstrably incorrect.

That doesn't mean the action is "incorrect" if that's what they choose to do, but to call it taan is not right.

karatejj

Green Belt
Reaction score
That apparently doesn't deter you from having a crush on me.

While I'm flattered, I'm sure you're not my type, and besides I'm not into online dating.

Please leave me alone. I've much better things to do than constantly ward off the advances of some special needs individual who wants to engage in online flirting with me.

Huh? Please bud you leave ME alone!!

karatejj

Green Belt
Reaction score
I've been thinking about this and, I agree with LFJ that for the most part. IMO, tan sau serves best to spread to the outside. Of course you can use a "tan sau" position to deflect to the inside, but normally wouldn't you use a vertically aligned palm as a jum-sau to deflect downward ....or roll your hand over into a palm-down fook-sau ... or even use a pak-sau, to deflect inward?

Do you think tan position good for deflect inwards compare to different way?

karatejj

Green Belt
Reaction score
We really should draw from systems we can see in person or face in competition or any other manner. That is a limitation of VT.

Hey dude we all can go train what we like. What is stopping you? It not the fault of wing chun if u too lazy to go and try it!!

And the issue with the technical critique. You don't explain why you think it works. And there is nothing to show it works.

He explain a lot already, right here on the forum. You blind man!!

This is why boxing is such a good mix. Because you can use it. And use it in any manner you want. If you never want to throw a rotational punch. That doesn't stop you from boxing

If u want to throw a kick or knee then boxing will stop u!! Also gloves will stop doing many thing, and allow u to do thing taht are stupid

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
To mean the exact opposite of what they're doing? Only if they never understood the word to begin with!

You are only stopping yourself from going to see it in person. And, I know you've been shown an annual open-style competition hosted by a VT school.

So, why the continued dishonesty?

How 'bout you go register to compete in the next one? You and Martial D can go as a team.

I've explained a ton on this forum, and your refusal to look doesn't mean there's "nothing".

Your link never worked on that tournement. I mean a tournament is cool. But how do I put this delicately?

Was this sort of national tournament that anyone wanted to show up to?

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hey dude we all can go train what we like. What is stopping you? It not the fault of wing chun if u too lazy to go and try it!!

He explain a lot already, right here on the forum. You blind man!!

If u want to throw a kick or knee then boxing will stop u!! Also gloves will stop doing many thing, and allow u to do thing taht are stupid

I would like to see something work before I invest time and money in it.

Is that unreasonable?

karatejj

Green Belt
Reaction score
Your link never worked on that tournement. I mean a tournament is cool. But how do I put this delicately?

Was this sort of national tournament that anyone wanted to show up to?

Lol,if u not fed multi clips of style used in MMA fight, u no interest. Get you're self off you're a** and go train. Yo too lazy man!!

When u given clips of style being use for realz then story change and comp not good enough

LOL

Latest Discussions