Why some people still don't want to wear mask?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
"Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it."

MAIMONIDES

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
prisons are full of people who were morally correct and truthful, it doesnt seem to help if no one believed them
This is true. But the opposite is also true where there are many people who were morally correct and truthful that weren't put in prison. There are also people who have been put in prison and then released years later because they were morally correct and truthful.

Part of the reason that innocent people are put in jail is because other people were morally incorrect and not truthful. Other times a person breaks the law. In that case you can be morally correct and truthful and still get put in Jail. No matter how you look at it. It still matters.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
there are very few facts in the world that are not subject to interpritation, clealy as facts keep beibg updated, its difficult to know which facts are axtually factual as we speak.
There are a lot of facts that are not subject to interpretation. It's a fact that in general if you break the law you will have a legal penalty for doing so. It's a fact that you woke up today unless you haven't been to sleep since yesterday. It's a fact that driving while drunk increases your risk of having an accident. It's a fact that 2+2=4.

It's not difficult to know which facts are actual factual as we speak. That is controlled by the level of knowledge and ignorance you have on a subject. There are people who dismiss fact out of ignorance, and there are who would rather that you don't know the truth. But none of that changes what really happened. 2+2=4 even if a person chooses not to believe that.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
There are a lot of facts that are not subject to interpretation. It's a fact that in general if you break the law you will have a legal penalty for doing so. It's a fact that you woke up today unless you haven't been to sleep since yesterday. It's a fact that driving while drunk increases your risk of having an accident. It's a fact that 2+2=4.

It's not difficult to know which facts are actual factual as we speak. That is controlled by the level of knowledge and ignorance you have on a subject. There are people who dismiss fact out of ignorance, and there are who would rather that you don't know the truth. But none of that changes what really happened. 2+2=4 even if a person chooses not to believe that.
your trilizing this somewhat.
my sleeping habits are not really at issue, but its far from a fact that if your break the law you will face a penalty, ive broken the law two hundred times, give or take a few this week alone, number of penalties recieved,,, non,

breaking the law requires you to be caught and then them having sufficient evidence to convict.

if they have sufficient evidence you will be convicted if you did it or not, gaxt seldom matter in a court. being foubd to have been wrongly convicted some years layer is scant compensation,

nb can you prove to me that two and two make 4?

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
ight
but its far from a fact that if your break the law you will face a penalty, ive broken the law two hundred times, give or take a few this week alone, number of penalties recieved,,, non,
This is why stated IN GENERAL. because there are exceptions based on what type of law and if you get caught.

breaking the law requires you to be caught and then them having sufficient evidence to convict.
You don't have to be convicted. Some laws only require that a fine be paid.

nb can you prove to me that two and two make 4?
Solve this math problem correctly 2+2=

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Here in the US, this is the most bizarre Presidential election year I have ever encountered in my lifetime, and I predict it will go down as the most bizarre ever. Along with the virus, heavy social disruption, and excessive media influence, it is hard to believe much of anything right now.
Literally everything of pertinence is in flux right now.
It's telling that you did not include what is the most bizarre element: an administration that is undermining confidence in the voting process with no basis in fact, encouraging folks to commit voter fraud, actively working to suppress peoples' ability to vote, and actually inviting foreign interference in the election process. I mean, how could it not be bizarre, even without the pandemic? The above are documented facts. They're not opinions, in contrast to statements about "excessive media influence." Your inability to believe in facts is exactly what makes you easily manipulated.
"Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it."

MAIMONIDES
“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”
― Aldous Huxley

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
― Martin Luther King Jr.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
ight

This is why stated IN GENERAL. because there are exceptions based on what type of law and if you get caught.

You don't have to be convicted. Some laws only require that a fine be paid.

Solve this math problem correctly 2+2=
well its not g2berally, if by generally you mean in the majority of cases , if thats not what you mean then what exaxtly does generally mean.

you need to be convicted in order to have to pay a fine

and

it seems you cant prove 2 plus 2 equals 4, so thats may not be true either

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's telling that you did not include what is the most bizarre element: an administration that is undermining confidence in the voting process with no basis in fact, encouraging folks to commit voter fraud, actively working to suppress peoples' ability to vote, and actually inviting foreign interference in the election process. I mean, how could it not be bizarre, even without the pandemic? The above are documented facts. They're not opinions, in contrast to statements about "excessive media influence." Your inability to believe in facts is exactly what makes you easily manipulated.

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”
― Aldous Huxley

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
― Martin Luther King Jr.
i think your in danger of getting another intresting thread shut down

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
well its not g2berally, if by generally you mean in the majority of cases , if thats not what you mean then what exaxtly does generally mean.

and

This is not true in the U.S. I have had speeding tickets in the past, but I don't have a criminal record. But I broke the law and had to pay a fine.
Definition: Convicted - having been declared guilty of a criminal offense by the verdict of a jury or the decision of a judge.
When my background check comes in, it shows that I've never been convicted of a crime.

More like it seems that you don't know the answer to 2+2= ?

Being that you haven't solved it. So if you lack that ability then it calls into question your knowledge of other things.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
This is not true in the U.S. I have had speeding tickets in the past, but I don't have a criminal record. But I broke the law and had to pay a fine.
Definition: Convicted - having been declared guilty of a criminal offense by the verdict of a jury or the decision of a judge.
When my background check comes in, it shows that I've never been convicted of a crime.

More like it seems that you don't know the answer to 2+2= ?

Being that you haven't solved it. So if you lack that ability then it calls into question your knowledge of other things.
no you said it was a fact, im askibg you to prove it to me, thats what you can do with facts, if yyou cant its not a fact, you cant put the responsibility on to me to do it for you.

the answer to the question is taatlly dependent on which counting syatem you use , it is not unversally true, so not at all a fact

they told you this about the same time as they were telling you, about the tooth fairy , why do you believe one and not the other ?

peole get told stupid things when they are kids then spend their life beibg wrong

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
no you said it was a fact, im askibg you to prove it to me, thats what you can do with facts, if yyou cant its not a fact, you cant put the responsibility on to me to do it for you.
blah blah blah

the answer to the question is taatlly dependent on which counting syatem you use , it is not unversally true, so not at all a fact
Correctly solve it

they told you this about the same time as they were telling you, about the tooth fairy , why do you believe one and not the other ?
Wrong. 2+2 = tooth fairy is incorrect. If you have 2 pencils and I gave you 2 pencils you wouldn't end up with a total of tooth fairy.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
But you have to admit literally all actions or decisions are made based on the information available at that time. Radiation was thought to be good for you at one point. Cocaine cured every illness. At the time, an entire country thought Hitler was a god.
Based on the information at hand they thought they being morally correct. There is very little historically that was not refined after the discovery.

BSAT is a frequently used acronym in law and technical troubleshooting. Often it is just a cop out legally speaking and the explanation of failure in application. But if it is all you have to make an informed decision, I do not think that bankrupts you morally.
radiation is still good for you now as it was then, in the correct dose, cocain makes you feel better whilst you die and almost certainly had a placibo effect, that cure quite a lot of thibgs and germany didnt think hitler was a god, do you have any facts?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
blah blah blah

Correctly solve it

Wrong. 2+2 = tooth fairy is incorrect. If you have 2 pencils and I gave you 2 pencils you wouldn't end up with a total of tooth fairy.
i take it youve given up on rational discusion and just decided to be silly, , no wonder you believe in the tooth fairy, you have the maturity of a 5 year old.

can you prove your fact or not?, its seems not

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
i take it youve given up on rational discusion and just decided to be silly, , no wonder you believe in the tooth fairy, you have the maturity of a 5 year old.

can you prove your fact or not?, its seems not
Not being silly. If you solve 2+2= correctly then you would have your proof. You asked me to prove it. I asked you to solve that equation and at each post you fail to do so. That's on you. I already know the answer.

The same way you jump around this is the same way you jump around facts that other people present.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Not being silly. If you solve 2+2= correctly then you would have your proof. You asked me to prove it. I asked you to solve that equation and at each post you fail to do so. That's on you. I already know the answer.

The same way you jump around this is the same way you jump around facts that other people present.
your claim your burden of proof, im not sure why i bother chatting with you, your dim as a 3 watt bulb, stick to prancing round the garden making you neibours laugh, your good at that

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
your claim your burden of proof, im not sure why i bother chatting with you, your dim as a 3 watt bulb, stick to prancing round the garden making you neibours laugh, your good at that
and yet you still haven't sovled 2+2= but ask me to prove that it's = to 4

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
and yet you still haven't sovled 2+2= but ask me to prove that it's = to 4
Seriously, though, if we can't all agree that 2+2=4, what the hell are we doing? I mean, rarely does someone signal so clearly that they are unwilling to have a reasonable discussion in good faith than to argue about whether 2 + 2 = 4.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Seriously, though, if we can't all agree that 2+2=4, what the hell are we doing? I mean, rarely does someone signal so clearly that they are unwilling to have a reasonable discussion in good faith than to argue about whether 2 + 2 = 4.
well it doesnt always, im suprised you dont know that,? perhaps youd like to pick up the mantal and prove it does?

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That's the problem that exists in society. Someone states a fact, then you ask them to check it out. Instead of doing that, they dance around it.

Then they try to turn it back around on you. An example of that is. his statement to you. "well it doesnt always, im suprised you dont know that,? perhaps youd like to pick up the mantal and prove it does?" None of that involves him solving 2+2=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions