Why some people still don't want to wear mask?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Reduce the risk in this case. Just simply means do things that make it difficult to be infected. When you do things that make it difficult to be infected then it doesn't matter what environment you are in or how many people are in the that environment. Unless you are a person that works in an environment dealing with Covid patients, then it switches from Risk Reduction to Infection Prevention.
but whats the ****""" risk,
its clearly not as dangerous an an asteriod strike, why arnt peopke worried avout that

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
personally id sooner risk death than live in fear,
For me there's nothing to fear if I have some accurate information about the situation. Once I have accurate information then I can prepare and plan. Once I have my plan then I just work the plan and stick to it.

I'm rarely around other people, I go out once a week or once every 2 weeks. I wear a mask when I go grocery shopping. I wore one when I went to the doctor and dentist recently. I could see they were taking it seriously at their place of business so that made me feel better. The stuff that I do to be careful isn't done out of fear, it's done with the understanding of how to reduce my risk of being infected.

I'll put it this way. I have more concern about things getting out of hand with the states here than about me getting sick. No matter how bad things get where I live, I'm still sticking to the same plan of action.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Former Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain died on July 30, a month after he was diagnosed with COVID-19.
Correct, and there are pictures and video of him doing things that don't decrease the risk of catching COVID-19. He took that gamble and lost big time.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
How many people have died from asteroid strikes this year?

Damn, I wish you hadn't said that. This year is just SO F'D I wouldn't put any thing past old 2020.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
How many people have died from asteroid strikes this year?
LOL I hate when people say stuff like that. "it's clearly not as dangerous as the Sun burning out" "it's clearly not as dangerous as getting hit with nukes".
It's like probability doesn't exists.

For COVID-19 it should be easy to figure out. How many times do you catch the flu a year. How many times do you catch a cold a year? From there you can get a vague idea of what type of risks are involved based on your life style. For the times I've been sick, I usually catch it from someone who is younger than me ab15 or 20 years. I rarely get sick from an older person. Most of the older people that I know stay home when they get sick. Most of the younger people I know do not.

When was the last time that an Asteroid landed in my location.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
For me there's nothing to fear if I have some accurate information about the situation. Once I have accurate information then I can prepare and plan. Once I have my plan then I just work the plan and stick to it.

I'm rarely around other people, I go out once a week or once every 2 weeks. I wear a mask when I go grocery shopping. I wore one when I went to the doctor and dentist recently. I could see they were taking it seriously at their place of business so that made me feel better. The stuff that I do to be careful isn't done out of fear, it's done with the understanding of how to reduce my risk of being infected.

I'll put it this way. I have more concern about things getting out of hand with the states here than about me getting sick. No matter how bad things get where I live, I'm still sticking to the same plan of action.
thst must have been complcated wearing a mask at the dentist???????

if you dont know what the risk of you gettibg very poorly from the virus is, how do you know that the risk of gettibg very poorly has been reduced, ?
it like wearibg garlic to protect you from vampires, not being biten by a vampire doesnt mean its worked

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Damn, I wish you hadn't said that. This year is just SO F'D I wouldn't put any thing past old 2020.
ha ha ha. In for the ride. I just chalk it up to, things that I've seen in my life time. We almost had 2 hurricanes hit at the same time in the same location. That wasn't so bad. California still has fires. They stay lit. I'm at the point where I just assume there's a forest fire every month. They just stay lit.

I never thought I would be in a global pandemic. I have my safety helmet on and I'm just sitting back waiting to see just how crazy it's going to get.

OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
it like wearibg garlic to protect you from vampires, not being biten by a vampire doesnt mean its worked
When someone knocks on your front door at night, will you ask that person who the current president is? If the answer is Harry S. Truman, that person outside of your front door must be a zombie.

Common sense can protect you in all areas and that include wearing a face mask.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
LOL I hate when people say stuff like that. "it's clearly not as dangerous as the Sun burning out" "it's clearly not as dangerous as getting hit with nukes".
It's like probability doesn't exists.

For COVID-19 it should be easy to figure out. How many times do you catch the flu a year. How many times do you catch a cold a year? From there you can get a vague idea of what type of risks are involved based on your life style. For the times I've been sick, I usually catch it from someone who is younger than me ab15 or 20 years. I rarely get sick from an older person. Most of the older people that I know stay home when they get sick. Most of the younger people I know do not.

When was the last time that an Asteroid landed in my location.
that the problem its doesnt have to land at your location to wipe out the majority of life on earth, nor does it need to be anywhere near at big ad the one that did for the dinos, which was about a kilometer in diameter, space just abounds with 100 m rocks, a stike is inevatable, it could lierially be tommorow or a couple of millon years away, in which the north american super volcano will probebly kill is all first, 5hats already over dueor a coronal mass ej3ction will wipe out all the computers and we will all strave, that due any day now

Last edited:

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
When someone knocks on your front door at night, will you ask that person who the current president is? If the answer is Harry S. Truman, that person outside of your front door must be a zombie.

Common sense can protect you in all areas and that include wearing a face mask.
but comnon sense is protecting me from paranoia

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
thst must have been complcated wearing a mask at the dentist
Nope. Everyone had one on, unless the patient had their mouth open. I wasn't even allowed in the building until it was my turn to sit in the chair. They brought any necessary paperwork to my car and came back out to get me.

When I went to the doctor they didn't allow me to enter the room until I answered some questions about how I was feeling. Both checked my temperature, The doctor's office made me use hand sanitizer. Masks were required in both places.

if you dont know what the risk of you gettibg very poorly from the virus is, how do you know that the risk of gettibg very poorly has been reduced,
Because we know how people get infected with the virus. If we follow that then it becomes more difficult for the virus to reach it's destination. If the masks shortens the distance of the spread, then it becomes more difficult for the virus to infect. If you wash your hands and or use disinfectant often then you make your hands a more difficult environment for the virus to survive in. If you don't go anywhere then you reduce the risk by cutting down the number of people that you are exposed to.

So regardless of the environment. You have made it more difficult for the virus to take old. Not knowing the risk is also a risk. Sort of like randomly having sex with people not knowing what they may or may not have. You don't know what the risk is, but you can do things to help protect yourself in the event that you become exposed.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Nope. Everyone had one on, unless the patient had their mouth open. I wasn't even allowed in the building until it was my turn to sit in the chair. They brought any necessary paperwork to my car and came back out to get me.

When I went to the doctor they didn't allow me to enter the room until I answered some questions about how I was feeling. Both checked my temperature, The doctor's office made me use hand sanitizer. Masks were required in both places.

Because we know how people get infected with the virus. If we follow that then it becomes more difficult for the virus to reach it's destination. If the masks shortens the distance of the spread, then it becomes more difficult for the virus to infect. If you wash your hands and or use disinfectant often then you make your hands a more difficult environment for the virus to survive in. If you don't go anywhere then you reduce the risk by cutting down the number of people that you are exposed to.

So regardless of the environment. You have made it more difficult for the virus to take old. Not knowing the risk is also a risk. Sort of like randomly having sex with people not knowing what they may or may not have. You don't know what the risk is, but you can do things to help protect yourself in the event that you become exposed.
so what % of the world population has died, a million out of 7 billion, there oretty good odds to me

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
as stike is inevatable, it could lierially be tommorow or a couple of millon years away
lol a million years away has no impact on today or tomorrow or the next 999,999 years in which millions of people would have already died from a bunch of other things. There's no guarantee that human life would even be on the planet by then, which would render your dangerous asteroid theory totally harmless to human life.

There is also no asteroid that's going to wipe out life tomorrow or anytime this weekend. But we are guaranteed that people will be infected with COVID -19 and we are guranteed that some people will die from it. The best thing about that is. I don't have to wait a million years to prove you wrong on that front.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
but comnon sense is protecting me from paranoia
Naw I'm pretty sure you got paranoia. Sitting around being concerned about an Asteroid hitting the earth or a Mega Volcano exploding. You worry about that stuff and not COVID? Interesting.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
lol a million years away has no impact on today or tomorrow or the next 999,999 years in which millions of people would have already died from a bunch of other things. There's no guarantee that human life would even be on the planet by then, which would render your dangerous asteroid theory totally harmless to human life.

There is also no asteroid that's going to wipe out life tomorrow or anytime this weekend. But we are guaranteed that people will be infected with COVID -19 and we are guranteed that some people will die from it. The best thing about that is. I don't have to wait a million years to prove you wrong on that front.
well there quite likely is, we cant detect them and if we do we cant stop them, something a biut a 100 meters wide will do for us, lets say its one change in a milkion it will hapen this year, thats still more likely than me dieing of the virus

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
well there quite likely is, we cant detect them and if we do we cant stop them, something a biut a 100 meters wide will do for us, lets say its one change in a milkion it will hapen this year, thats still more likely than me dieing of the virus
lets do this. If an Astroid hits the earth and destroys life like you stated before the end of the week then I'll never speak again in this Forum. I'll first admit my shame and never post again in this forum

If an Astroid doesn't hit the earth and destroy life like you have stated, then you would leave the forum and will never post here again.

If a person doesn't die from COVID-19 before the end of this week then I will also leave this forum. That's a bonus just for you. I'm feeling kind.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
lets do this. If an Astroid hits the earth and destroys life like you stated before the end of the week then I'll never speak again in this Forum. I'll first admit my shame and never post again in this forum

If an Astroid doesn't hit the earth and destroy life like you have stated, then you would leave the forum and will never post here again.

If a person doesn't die from COVID-19 before the end of this week then I will also leave this forum. That's a bonus just for you. I'm feeling kind.
your mixing your risk up , people die in enfotunete vacum clearner acidents, that unlijely to be me as i dont own one ,

someone will inevatably die of covid, its just vanishgly 7nlikely that will be me either, im just the wrong demographic to have anything more than a neglagable risk, yes less of a risk than an astoriod strike, which it seems your not worried about at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions