Shogun

Shogun

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey, you could flip out in the swampiest of places in Marysville
ninja.gif
roflmao.gif
Hey...........Your right....hahahaha

Hey Aric, since you are in Camas, have you seen the Universal Institute of Martial arts? an aquaintance of mine teaches BJJ there. he is a 4 stripe Blue belt under Professor Pedro Sauer.

As far as doing a seminar... it might be tough
I know a bunch of Non-Bujinkan guys that would probably go to a seminar. plus, Don has an air of Mysticism about him, coming from Japan. we could lie to people and say he is a Real Ninja and.......nah, I'm just playing...hahaha

Tenchijin2

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Shogun said:
Hey Aric, since you are in Camas, have you seen the Universal Institute of Martial arts? an aquaintance of mine teaches BJJ there. he is a 4 stripe Blue belt under Professor Pedro Sauer.
Nope. I don't get around much, anymore. Not that I'm opposed, it's just a matter of having very little 'martial art' time at this point.

OP
Shogun

Shogun

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
hey thats cool. just wondering because camas isnt huge, so it might've been possible. If you ever feel like doing some REAL bjj, (not that crap that most UFC guys are doing) Mel is a good guy.

E

Elizium

Shogun said:
If you ever feel like doing some REAL bjj, (not that crap that most UFC guys are doing) Mel is a good guy.
Is that a challenge?

J/K

:uhyeah:

OP
Shogun

Shogun

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Is that a challenge?

J/K

frowntobiggrin.gif
Yeah, you damn right. hahaha....
I am only a white belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu but it doesnt take a black belt to see what most MMA idiots are doing wrong. Plus, they could all benefit from some Taijutsu, heh heh....

E

Elizium

Shogun said:
Yeah, you damn right. hahaha....
I am only a white belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu but it doesnt take a black belt to see what most MMA idiots are doing wrong. Plus, they could all benefit from some Taijutsu, heh heh....
The MMA UFC had a Taijutsu person in at one point. He won.

E

Elizium

As far as I know, he was from Georgia. I suppose some other poster could know more about it than me.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Shogun said:
Do you know the name?

scott morris, steve jennum, and that viking guy dont count as Taijutsu. haha
Jennum was the only one that won, AFAIK. He stepped into the finals as an alternate after Royce Gracie had been injured in his semi-final fight. So he fought fresh against a guy who had previously fought a few times. The rules for alternates were changed shortly afterwards to prevent a similar occurence.
In his next UFC, Jennum was beaten rather badly in his first fight.

Jeff

OP
Shogun

Shogun

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
His RBWI didnt help him when he fought a better fighter. Scott morris won pretty fairly in his first fight agianst a TKDer but his RBWI didnt help him either in his second fight. There is a guy (maybe from Bujinkan) nicknamed the viking that fought in Japan in 1995 that was mediocre, but lost. UFC's Yves Edwards started in Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu after his kung fu was beaten down in a Buj dojo, and is the #1 ranked lightweight in the UFC. of course, he trains MMA as you have to if you do it, but his roots arein Budo.

P

Pezzle

I'd suggest an area outside of Spokane, but that's just me. The only dojos I could find in WA were in Seattle.

Seattletcj

Green Belt
Reaction score
Shogun said:
I could wrangle up some guys for a seminar. There are two under-privelaged Booj dojos up here.
Hi,

I just came across this thread.
I wouldnt say that we are under-privelaged. We are having Aric up to Seattle regularly. We go down to train with him in Vancouver regularly. Its a 2 1/2 hr drive. Not a big deal.

We have had Bill Atkins and Doug Wilson do seminars in Seattle fairly recently.
We regularly go down to Vancouver to see Bill Atkins. The guys in Vancouver have also recently hosted Mark O'brian, and some other well known names.

Coming up this month there is a Bill Atkins seminar on the 21st in Vancouver WA.
We will be also be hosting Aric up here again in Seattle in June.

I hope you can make it. If the drive is too much for you, you can park in Seattle and car-pool with us to Vancouver, if you would like.

Check our website for seminar information. I try to keep it up to date. Feel free to keep in touch.

http://www.angelfire.com/wa3/seattlebujinkan

Domonic Ceccarelli

OP
Shogun

Shogun

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey Dom. maybe not underprivelaged in the big picture, but definitley not in close proximity.
I am further north than you so up here I gots nothing. I am in Oso, WA. about 2.5 hour drive from seattle. Vancouver? 6 hour drive for me.

Latest Discussions