Why does the Booj hate Washington?

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sheeeeesh!!!!

So now people are competing for where I will move to?

Ok, some ground rules here. If I want to live under a goverment that keeps me disarmed and in fear I can stay in Japan. So California, New York, anyplace with a Kennedy for a senator, etc is off the list.

The same goes for summers that are like a suana. So "Dixie" and Hawaii are off the list.

The places that I am considering moving to right now are as follows.

Washington
Colorado
Las Vegas
and Pennselvenia.

But I have a few years to make up my mind. Kreth, Dale, Kizaru, etc- your states are all off the list due to the factors above. Sorry.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Don Roley said:
Sheeeeesh!!!!

Ok, some ground rules here. If I want to live under a goverment that keeps me disarmed and in fear I can stay in Japan. So California, New York, anyplace with a Kennedy for a senator, etc is off the list.

The same goes for summers that are like a suana. So "Dixie" and Hawaii are off the list.

Washington
Colorado
Las Vegas
and Pennselvenia.

But I have a few years to make up my mind. Kreth, Dale, Kizaru, etc- your states are all off the list due to the factors above. Sorry.
Add Illinois to the exclusion list unless you want to live in a Refrigerator 6 months of the year.

Shinkengata

Green Belt
Reaction score
Add Mississippi to that list also, unless you want to live amongst Rednecks, Welfare recipients, and crappy job prospects.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You should be aware that the unofficial state motto of Pennsylvania is "The Orange Flag State" due to the fact that its major highways seem to be perpetually under construction... ;)

Jeff

davidg553

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Don Roley said:
Sheeeeesh!!!!

Washington
Colorado
Las Vegas
and Pennselvenia.

At the moment, New Hampshire appears to be a candidate as well. Of course, I hear that sometimes the stench of the Kennedy's blows accross the border. That could be though, that its just the mass-hole transplants.

Apart from living free or dying one thing the state seems to have going for it is the Free State Project,

E

Elizium

Personally I think Mr. Roley should move to a place that has not heard of the Bujinkan, has no swamps to flip out in, not have anything to do with heat, cold winters or people that want to be the uber ninj3r.

But you could move to Scotland where the bujinkan is not as widespread as the USA, the outdoors is more hills that houses, and it is in a good location to be unique. :rolleyes:

But it seems that Mr. Roley already has a cult following. So no matter where he goes, students will want to go and train with Mr. Roley, regardless of distance. (except me. I have to cross an ocean to get there. Damn geography.)

davidg553

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Elizium said:
Personally I think Mr. Roley should move to a place...
...that WON'T keep him disarmed (that means :mp5:, and lots of em :mp5::mp5::mp5: )

OP
Shogun

Shogun

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Let me tell you, don, about Washington state:

airport: Sea-tac airport, in seattle, has flights to japan (Daily, most likely....there is a ton of Japanese in washington:) ) The airport is not far from where I live, maybe 2 hours at most.

Mountains: two separate mountain ranges, the Cascades, and Olympics. Rockies are only about 300 miles away, too. Mt rainier, Baker, glacier peak, and surrounding mountains are all over 10,000 feet tall. I live at the foot of whitehorse mountain, which is 8.000 feet tall!

Other Bujinkan Dojos: ..........check out the title of this thread.

Washington is A #1

Kizaru

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Don Roley said:
So California, New York, anyplace with a Kennedy for a senator, etc is off the list...
I think you should still consider California. With such close proximity to Hollywood, you'd have the opportunity to continue your film career...and this time around, they might even let you wear make up!

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well it looks like I will be spending next Thanksgiving in Astoria, Oregon. Prior to that, I plan on taking my family on a little trip of the West coast. We will stop of for a few days first in Las Vegas, because if there is any town where you can do something at 3 am in the morning with jet lag, that is the place.

Then we will be out to Southern California and Disneyland for a short while. Up through the central valley through the San Jose and Sacremento area and on to the wine country of Sonoma and Napa before taking the 5 to Oregon. My wife wants to go as far as Seattle and see what it is like. I know no one in Washington and do not know my way around there at all. So if anyone wants to see me and maybe do some training, let me know.

Heck, I may be open to seeing people at any point of my journey next Novemer. We just need to work out the logistics and timing.

Mickey Mullins

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hello Mr.Roley,

I just found this thread and thought I would throw in Charleston,West Virginia,LOL.If'n its mountains you want.Also there is ABSOLUTELY no one who remotely comes close to your experiences.I believe some of the only Shidoshi
I can compare with are Chris Davy(5.5 hours away),and Ed Martin(almost 6),this of course is going toward the East Coast.I currently travel to North Carolina to train; ),with a Shidoshi-ho(about 4.5 hours)and just met another Shidoshi-ho(?)in KY(about 2 hours),besides it'd be an honor to have someone such as yourself(yeah I'm starvin here; )).So if you are considering Pennsylvania,throw us into consideration too.
Mickey Mullins

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How is the shopping like in Charleston? I have to keep my wife happy. And is there any decent mexican food? I am not talking Taco Bell either.

Decent economy? Non- restrictive laws on firearms? Cable television?

George Kohler

Green Belt
Reaction score
Don Roley said:
How is the shopping like in Charleston? I have to keep my wife happy. And is there any decent mexican food? I am not talking Taco Bell either.

Decent economy? Non- restrictive laws on firearms? Cable television?

Don,

No, I'm not trying to get you to move where I am, BUT it does sound like you need to move to Texas. Hmmm...Mexican food, firearms, decent economy, Cable, and shopping... sounds like either Houston, Dallas, Austin, or San Antonio. I figure you will not go to Dallas :)

Since San Antonio is closest to the border, you can find some awesome Mexican or Tex-Mex food. Also, the Hill Country is not far from there.

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
George Kohler said:
I figure you will not go to Dallas :)

There is already a very skilled Bujinkan instructor by the name of Luke Molitor there.

But I mainly did not list Texas because I spent a Tai Kai there and I remember that it was almost as hot and humid as Japan. I can take heat, I just hate it when I have to swim through the air due to the humidity.

But really, you guys have got the most sane way of looking at things legally that I have run across. If it was not for the humidity, I might move there. But I love weather that is colder than most people like. So that is why I am mainly looking at Washington right now.

Mickey Mullins

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hello again Don,

Charleston has a lot of good shopping(Victorias Secret,Elder Bierman,Gap,Pier 1,whatever you need.) a pretty decent economy(right now).As for non restrictive laws on firearms-YOU can own ANYTHING(yes even class III weapons(as long as it's regestered of course this goes for automatic weapons,suppressors),or whatever,we have alot of hunters also).We have 3 GREAT mexican places(Yes I share the love,and frequent La Carretta(my favorite) 2-3 times a week: )).Charter Cable....Digital.Plus a plethora of Dish Network users.
Mickey Mullins

EDIT:I almost forgot Don,it's warm in the summer and Cold WITH SNOW in the winter,never swimming humid: ).)

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mickey Mullins said:
Hello again Don,

Charleston has a lot of good shopping(Victorias Secret,
Yeah Don, how can you pass up a good deal on a nightie...

ROFLMAO

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
Yeah Don, how can you pass up a good deal on a nightie...

ROFLMAO

Thank God Mickey didn't mention Playboy Channel when talking about cable. You and Kizaru would never let me live that down. :whip:

Kizaru

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Don Roley said:
Thank God Mickey didn't mention Playboy Channel when talking about cable. You and Kizaru would never let me live that down.
Playboy Channel? What's that? Do they have that in China?

icon12.gif

Latest Discussions