Who would you pick?

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ender
well the point was to see what other styles people admire or find effective, Hence the part of "other than your own style". That alone would tell you it's not about which art is best.

if you found it derogatory, then perhaps you might want to grow in maturity department or add a sense of humor to your personality. I always find it amusing when people tell others to grow up, it's usually a sign of arrogance or self righteousness on thier part.*S

Ah Other Styles, then you assumed that everyone has Crossed Trained ????

As to the adding of the sense of humor. I am working on it.

As to growing up, NEVER and YOU CAN NOT MAKE ME! So There! :p

And, I find it amusing the number of Trolls that show and ask which art is the best, like this topic has not been discussed since the first time two opposing Cro-Magnum's meet and decided to have it out over territory.

Now as you replied with a further explanation to your post, this is good. Thank You.

As to Arrogance, I have never claimed to be great or the best or even ranked or better than most. I leave that for you and others to decide after you meet me and see who I move and or teach and or just drink a beer or lemonade with you.

As to self-rightousness, this would assume that I have some beliefs that I want everyone else to believe.

Well just so that you know here are my Beliefs.

MY Beliefs are mine, and not yours, I care not if you agree with them. I am the one who has to live with them. All, I ask is that do not make me listen too or follow your beliefs. Discuss them in a philosophical way over a drink of some kind no porblem.

I believe the ball is back in your court. (* Volley *) ;)

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ender.. get in your corner now ~!! Rich get in yours.. and when the bell rings.. then come out and fight fair.. Let the games begin~!!!

*mumbling about testosterone being bottled and sold.. I'd make billions~!!!
:rolleyes:

L

LostGrrlDies

I would choose our heavenly savior, the lord, jesus H christ

:D

OP
Ender

Ender

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by KenpoTess
Ender.. get in your corner now ~!! Rich get in yours.. and when the bell rings.. then come out and fight fair.. Let the games begin~!!!

*mumbling about testosterone being bottled and sold.. I'd make billions~!!!
:rolleyes:

I love the smell of estrogen in the morning...*L

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by LostGrrlDies
I would choose our heavenly savior, the lord, jesus H christ

:D

Ah, BUT... he is always on our side, regardless of wether we invite him or not... So choose another...

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ender
I love the smell of estrogen in the morning...*L

Then you are the only one.:eek:

On a side note Ender. You have the BKF symbol as your avatar. Do you study as a BKF student?

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Technopunk
Id pick the one who Knows "Ching Ching POW!" and had his handgun handy.

I'd like to comment on 2 things. First, to answer the main question--I'd pick the person that had the most practical fighting skill. As for the art, doesnt matter to me.

Now on to the second part. I often laugh when people say that they will get their gun. I havent seen too many people who own guns actually carrying them around with them on them. Yeah, it might be in the car, but what good is it going to do you there? Against mult. attackers, you better be a good shot and be able to shoot quickly, because if you can't you will most likely find yourself getting pounded by the rest of the group.

There are so many things to take into consideration, it amazes me as to how many people say they will just take out the gun and start shooting.

Mike

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by MJS

Now on to the second part. I often laugh when people say that they will get their gun. I havent seen too many people who own guns actually carrying them around with them on them. Yeah, it might be in the car, but what good is it going to do you there? Against mult. attackers, you better be a good shot and be able to shoot quickly, because if you can't you will most likely find yourself getting pounded by the rest of the group.

Mike

Although I generally agree, I feel the need to come to the aid of my fellow gun bunnies and to play devil's advocate. There are quite a few people around my parts carrying guns (legal or not) and you usually can't see the guns on them. That's the point of CONCEALED carry (and above average perception of your surroundings and the people around you).

On multiple attackers I tend to think that when one guy goes down in a spurt of blood the others tend to rethink thier position and the possible outcomes. This is only a factor when you are dealing with small groups (2-4), anymore than that and I agree that mob mentality starts to take over and then you are in trouble (unless you have a full auto assault rifle and even then its trouble, besides, who can actually hide a rifle on themselves). Still, I don't think I have seen many groups over 4 people walking around in standard situations (mall, business district streets, suburbs).

In support of MJS, I think that people take using guns far too lightly. The impact on personal pychology and legal issues get overlooked by machismo ("No one can stand up to me and my guns") and cold logic ("I'd just shoot'em"). I think this is more an issue with guns because they are distance killers and they allow peopl to kill with more physical ease. I know this isn't the firearms forum, but this is just my $0.02.

KennethKu

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, but do you know how many attacks have been preempted by the show of a hand gun?

Most people do not realize that guns have been used in DETERRING attacks, with extreme success.

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by KennethKu
Yeah, but do you know how many attacks have been preempted by the show of a hand gun?

Most people do not realize that guns have been used in DETERRING attacks, with extreme success.

Discussions on Firearms can be taken to the Firearm Forum :)

:)

K

Kroy

One of my good friends grew up a street fighter (due to the crappy neighborhood he was raised in) with no martial art skills what-so-ever! And I would choose him any day for my back up, he's been there and know's what it is all about.:boxing:

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I would still say the guy with the biggest set of marbles that is willing to stand there with you rather than head for the hills.

KennethKu

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by jfarnsworth
I would still say the guy with the biggest set of marbles that is willing to stand there with you rather than head for the hills.
Yeah. That would just be a double funeral.

Latest Discussions