Who would you pick?

Ender

Black Belt
Reaction score
if you were surrounded by ten gang bangers and you had only one friend with you....and you knew you were in for a fight.What style would you want him to be..OTHER than your own style.

Me, I think someone from Jeet Kun Do, because of the flow and speed they show. That and the similarities to kenpo...but thats just my opinion.

L

liangzhicheng

Personally, the style wouldn't matter as much as the person's level of skill and experience with combat. I'd also take into consideration whether the person could fight cooperatively or at least not knock my block out as well :D But, that's just me.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Id pick the one who Knows "Ching Ching POW!" and had his handgun handy.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh, man, Punk you beat me to it. That's the style I'd go with too. Of course Nike-do would come in real handy as well.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Having been in close situations, with some people I know the ones I would trust to have at my side and able to work together.

I think the Trust in the person guarding your back and flank is much more important.

Now, I hope to be smart enough not to be where the gang bangers are, and if I am to be aware enough not to get involved, or to stay out of their path.

Just my thoughts.

Zujitsuka

Blue Belt
Reaction score
As most said, style doesn't matter to me. I just want some "down for whatever", hardcore bastard with me. Someone like the late great Mas Oyama.

Peace & health,

OP
Ender

Ender

Black Belt
Reaction score
what a bunch of mushy answers!!*pfffffft

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ender
what a bunch of mushy answers!!*pfffffft

:soapbox:

Ender, I am confused by this post.

If it is a joke, then I do not see the smiles or with whom you are joking with.

If it is derogatory, then, I see no reason for this thread at all. You want to discuss which art is the best? Grow UP and realize it is not the art but the person in the fight.

Like I said, I have been surrounded numerous times in the past, and I know what worked for me, and I know it was not always what worked for others. I have seen people run for the hills and leave me high and dry. I have seen those stand by me and I have stood by them.

So, I see a single immature reply here or at best poor attempt at humor.

M

MartialArtsGuy

I'd want some guy who trains in a McDojo, and has no skill what so ever. It would also help if he had no physical talent.

Why you ask......simple

Because when they are having such a great time beating that wimp, I run like hell. Or join in. :rofl: :rofl:

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The answer is obviously a jedi. he would just send them home with a wave of his hand. . . .or deal out a little light sabre justice with that classic and patented charred flesh and smoldering bone smell. :jedi1:

Truthfully I think a highly motivated and confident friend extensively trained in military combatives would be my personal choice, but I like ching ching pow too :2pistols:

OP
Ender

Ender

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rich Parsons

Ender, I am confused by this post.

If it is a joke, then I do not see the smiles or with whom you are joking with.

If it is derogatory, then, I see no reason for this thread at all. You want to discuss which art is the best? Grow UP and realize it is not the art but the person in the fight.

Like I said, I have been surrounded numerous times in the past, and I know what worked for me, and I know it was not always what worked for others. I have seen people run for the hills and leave me high and dry. I have seen those stand by me and I have stood by them.

So, I see a single immature reply here or at best poor attempt at humor.

well the point was to see what other styles people admire or find effective, Hence the part of "other than your own style". That alone would tell you it's not about which art is best.

if you found it derogatory, then perhaps you might want to grow in maturity department or add a sense of humor to your personality. I always find it amusing when people tell others to grow up, it's usually a sign of arrogance or self righteousness on thier part.*S

L

liangzhicheng

well the point was to see what other styles people admire or find effective,

Perhaps it would have been better to directly ask this question?

Latest Discussions