Which is the most famous chat program now?

Majd

White Belt
Reaction score
This one is a simple questions and a polling panel to check which is the most famous chat program now. There are many chat sites that you may be using. my usage depends on the use. If it is official I prefer pidgin and when to chat with friends I prefer Gtalk. Now please tell me which one is your favourite? So which Chat service are you use more often ?
Yahoo -- Yahoo Messenger
Google -- Gtalk
MSN -- Hot mail

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Pidgin for me, as well as Skype chat.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jabber using the Kopete client. But then I run Linux. And I generally leave it turned off; I despise chat.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
None. If I have to use one, I use the Facebook one. Gave up ICQ years ago and haven't connected on MSN, AOL, etc in oh, 2 years?

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I use mainly MSN Messenger, but I've been using Meebo lately to combine it all. A lot of my friends use Facebook extensively, so Meebo is the best way to get to them without the hassle of facebook.

wushuguy

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I like pidgin, cuz you can use multiple protocols.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I use mainly MSN Messenger, but I've been using Meebo lately to combine it all. A lot of my friends use Facebook extensively, so Meebo is the best way to get to them without the hassle of facebook.

Pidgin can do that as well...it is a standalone app. For me personally it works better because their logging system is really good... I use it for work and frequently have to look back at IM logs to develop timelines.

Big advantage with meebo though is that no software is needed...all you need is a browser. They have saved my butt in a few computer emergencies :lol: