Wheres the shaolin in USSD's shaolin kempo

Mariachi Joe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I know the Alta View dojo is not run by a blackbelt, do you know of any others Doug.

IRO-Bot

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I know the Alta View dojo is not run by a blackbelt, do you know of any others Doug.

Bountiful - Mr. Whittaker, 2nd dan (my instructor, a great guy and a skilled martial artist)
Layton - Mr. Benedict, 1st dan
Taylorsville - Mr. Martin, 2nd dan (probably my least favorite person in USSD at the time being.)
West Jordan - Ms. Robb, 1st dan
Orem - Mr. Perry, 4th dan (amazing)
Provo - Nick Strange, 1st dan
Millcreek - "Sensei Gao" (no one can really pronounce his real name), 2nd dan (and one of my favorite instructors.)
Riverton - Mr. Garvey, 2nd dan.

Murray - Zach, "red belt"
Alta View - Either Jay or Alyssa, "red belts"
Sandy - Duane, "red belt"
American Fork - Tom, "red belt" (he was made Chief Instructor in his second week at the Academy. I do not approve, as I know what his actual rank is. Low.)
South Ogden - Jamie, "red belt" (She's great, I went to school with her. She got me into United Studios, and her sister studies at Bountiful.)

OP
S

shaolin ninja 4

Green Belt
Reaction score
Bountiful - Mr. Whittaker, 2nd dan (my instructor, a great guy and a skilled martial artist)
Layton - Mr. Benedict, 1st dan
Taylorsville - Mr. Martin, 2nd dan (probably my least favorite person in USSD at the time being.)
West Jordan - Ms. Robb, 1st dan
Orem - Mr. Perry, 4th dan (amazing)
Provo - Nick Strange, 1st dan
Millcreek - "Sensei Gao" (no one can really pronounce his real name), 2nd dan (and one of my favorite instructors.)
Riverton - Mr. Garvey, 2nd dan.

Murray - Zach, "red belt"
Alta View - Either Jay or Alyssa, "red belts"
Sandy - Duane, "red belt"
American Fork - Tom, "red belt" (he was made Chief Instructor in his second week at the Academy. I do not approve, as I know what his actual rank is. Low.)
South Ogden - Jamie, "red belt" (She's great, I went to school with her. She got me into United Studios, and her sister studies at Bountiful.)

I was told that now you cant get 3rd dan unless your a district manager.

Mariachi Joe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
My instructor alluded to this, but when I kept asking why not he finally said that it could be done it would just take a long time and most people don't stay that long.

OP
S

shaolin ninja 4

Green Belt
Reaction score
My instructor alluded to this, but when I kept asking why not he finally said that it could be done it would just take a long time and most people don't stay that long.

I hear ya. who wants to wait 20 years. I hear villaris test are harder than ussds and they dont base it on sales. You earn your rank not sell black belt programs for it.

almost a ghost

Blue Belt
Reaction score

I have been told that students will practicly never see past 2nd degree. You know, unless there are "special circumstances", which I'm pretty sure I don't have to elaborate on.

almost a ghost

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Sad, sad stuff..

Why do you all study there again?

I haven't been with them since 1998. I actually tried going back sometime in 1999, but once you're on the outside you see everything in a whole new light. Especially after my old instructors said somethings to me that made me realize that it really wasn't the place for me.

Mariachi Joe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I just walked in not knowing of anywhere else that was available, but with a strong desire to do martial arts. In hindsight I wish I would have done some more research before making any decisions, but oh well to late now.

OP
S

shaolin ninja 4

Green Belt
Reaction score
I haven't been with them since 1998. I actually tried going back sometime in 1999, but once you're on the outside you see everything in a whole new light. Especially after my old instructors said somethings to me that made me realize that it really wasn't the place for me.

I know once your out your out.

What did your instructor say to you?

Latest Discussions