Orange Belt
Reaction score
Kyosho (sic) Seminar with Kyoshi Roy Osborne

Last edited by a moderator:

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm not impressed by people who knock out their partner while demonstrating, and I'm not impressed by partners who take pratfalls - so either, I'm not particularly impressed. Anyone can knock someone out, and anyone can take a dive... it's people who can do full-speed, full-power techniques, and not damage their partner, who impress me.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm not impressed by people who knock out their partner while demonstrating, and I'm not impressed by partners who take pratfalls - so either, I'm not particularly impressed. Anyone can knock someone out, and anyone can take a dive... it's people who can do full-speed, full-power techniques, and not damage their partner, who impress me.

Ya beat me to it Kacey....

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That was utterly craptacular.

F for technique. B- for acting.

Cthulhu

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I agree totally

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

I agree, and I’m impressed by the fact that the guy in black didn’t get tired of it and beat the living daylights out of him.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I agree, and I’m impressed by the fact that the guy in black didn’t get tired of it and beat the living daylights out of him.

Indeed... although without knowing their relative positions/ranks it's hard to say just why he didn't do that.

Rook

Black Belt
Reaction score
I've never been impressed by a compliant demo in my life, but this one looks to be particularly poor... the guy is just pounding on a partner who stands there and keeps getting knocked down.

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
However, where he was striking on the neck actually works as demonstrated in this video...

You will see this black belt hits just the right spot and gets the same results as you saw in the OP. However, this is unscripted and real. I don't believe the BB hit that nerve intentionally, I believe it was coincidence.

That being said, I thought the video sucked. That was a terrible demonstration. I am glad it wasn't a gun self defense class. :rolleyes:

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
the guy is just pounding on a partner who stands there and keeps getting knocked down.

The thing is, it can't be good for the body either. I don't believe the guy getting beat on is acting based on the video in my previous post. It must work, they seem to get the same results.

The OP video seems a little dangerous, careless, and wreckless to me.

donna

Black Belt
Reaction score

I totally agree. I couldnt watch the whole thing, turned it off in disgust half way through.

pstarr

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Anyone with some minimal martial arts training could perform exactly the same feat (if we can call it that) - his skill is really very small. His knowledge of the effects of his blows is equally minimal...knocking out some bozo repeatedly like that can have VERY serious effects.

I particularly enjoyed his resuscitation techniques...slap the guy a few times...

This guy is nothing special. Just some wombat who found another wombat who's stupid enough to let himself be knocked senseless over and over-

On the other hand, I have seen skilled people who could knock a man out with little more than a slight fingertip jab or even strikes to points on the arms...

thetruth

Black Belt
Reaction score
Anyone with some minimal martial arts training could perform exactly the same feat (if we can call it that) - his skill is really very small. His knowledge of the effects of his blows is equally minimal...knocking out some bozo repeatedly like that can have VERY serious effects.

I particularly enjoyed his resuscitation techniques...slap the guy a few times...

This guy is nothing special. Just some wombat who found another wombat who's stupid enough to let himself be knocked senseless over and over-

On the other hand, I have seen skilled people who could knock a man out with little more than a slight fingertip jab or even strikes to points on the arms...

Go easy on wombats mate!
icon10.gif

thetruth

Black Belt
Reaction score
Kyosho (sic) Seminar with Kyoshi Roy Osborne

Just another kyusho knob. I used to train under a similar knob. He too had puppets to dance for him. The funny thing was the longer I was there and the more I realised this sort of thing was crap the less effect they had on me. Ok maybe I was a puppet at one point but I saw the light

Cheers
Sam:asian:

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I have doubts that you could replicate that under strict conditions. Those that do that sort of thing seem to have more with lunge acts that serious martial artists or professional scientists.

As for the original video, one time might let somone know how effective something is. This guy probably uses the same guy over and over again because he knows he will get good results from him.

Yeah, some people will fall over when hit like this. Some will just get mad. I use these type of things, but I never really rely on them doing the miracles they sometimes do.