What's your most controversial, non-political opinion?

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
it would be wrong to say they are all doing it anyway, because its reasonably clear the unsuccessful ones are not however detection science lags the doping science, so its impossible to police

building your '' fitness 'at middle school, long before your subject to testing gives an enormous boost to your changes of making the pro, if anyone has such intent is would be beyond stupid not to, particularly as your chances decrease even more if you refrain and others do not,
The first part, the "everyone's doing it anyway" mentality, isn't fully what i think, I genuinely don't know. But that thought goes through my head when another scandal arises.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I think most martial arts are garbage money grabs invented a LOT more recently than most people want to admit and weren’t intended to be used for fighting, but instead for exercise.

Avocados are tasteless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are 200 varieties of avocados grown here, seven of them in my back yard. Unfortunately, due to the winters, they don't grow where you are. You might have never had a fresh one.

They're actually rather tasty. But also an acquired taste.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
In my opinion....

The earth is not flat.....or round...its a cube

What%2Bif%2BEarth%2BWere%2Ba%2BCube.jpg

and I also believe

6a871af3a7754a3ac7f1b2c11e4054bb.jpg
Bizarro world, nice.

As for the dinosaurs, you are correct. Only us cigar smoking dinosaurs are still around. Makes for ample parking, though.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll share what I put on your Facebook post: I’m not impressed by t music of either The Beatles or The Rolling Stones.

Skpotamus

Brown Belt
Reaction score
There are 200 varieties of avocados grown here, seven of them in my back yard. Unfortunately, due to the winters, they don't grow where you are. You might have never had a fresh one.

They're actually rather tasty. But also an acquired taste.

Next UnPopular opinion:
“acquired taste” is another term for something that is terrible, but popular so people pretend to like it. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My unpopular opinion:

- If your punch can knock down your opponent, you don't care about whether your punch is "internal" punch, or external punch.

- If you can use waist/hip rotation to take your opponent down, you don't care about whether your Dantian is rotate at that moment or not.

hip-rotation-2.gif

Dantian-rotation-1.gif

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Pete Rose should be in the Hall of Fame.
I have never been a huge baseball fan but I do know enough to understand that Rose was an exceptional player, certainly HOF caliber. That said, what he did is Not offset by being a great athlete.
It would set a precedent that does not need to be injected into the sports community at large. I think it could be a watershed event.
As sad as Rose not being in the hall of fame is, it should never happen. IMHO

ShortBridge

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
It's pretty hard to bait me into arguments about Martial Arts, but don't start messing with the game of baseball.

1919 is all I have to say about why Pete Rose (who was my favorite player as a boy) can never be in the baseball Hall of Fame. It is unfortunate, but he crossed the one bright line that can't be crossed in baseball.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
ooh physics,

full batteries are heavier than empty ones, even through what they are '' full of'' are mass-less particles

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I have never been a huge baseball fan but I do know enough to understand that Rose was an exceptional player, certainly HOF caliber. That said, what he did is Not offset by being a great athlete.
It would set a precedent that does not need to be injected into the sports community at large. I think it could be a watershed event.
As sad as Rose not being in the hall of fame is, it should never happen. IMHO
*cough*Houston Astros*cough*

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
ooh physics,

full batteries are heavier than empty ones, even through what they are '' full of'' are mass-less particles

Unless by "empty," you mean a lead-acid battery with no acid in it, this is simply incorrect.

The mass of an electron is 9.10938356 × 10 −31 kg.

"Full" batteries weigh just as much as "empty" ones, if by "full" and "empty" you are referring to charge.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
ooh physics,

im not sure the people marking this post '' disagree actually understand the game ?

it is however also true, which makes disagreeing even stranger

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Unless by "empty," you mean a lead-acid battery with no acid in it, this is simply incorrect.

The mass of an electron is 9.10938356 × 10 −31 kg.

"Full" batteries weigh just as much as "empty" ones, if by "full" and "empty" you are referring to charge.
is google down ? i mean why commit yourself, when you could check

here let me help

are full bateries heavier - Google Search

Latest Discussions