What sets off your red flag? Spider Sense?

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they want to know all about "spider sense" let them spend a few years on night shift doing bldg searchs or making traffic stops..
Yep...

There's no substitute for experience in reading people and situations.

Darth F.Takeda

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Good advice and tips to consider.

Yes I am currently reading The Gift of Fear. I had this book for awhile and totally forgot about until I had to repack.

Someone asked, "What do you do when your spidey sense goes off?" I listen to my little voice which is usually get out of there.

Thanks to all who contributed. Hopefully others will benefit as well. You guys made me think of things I have not considered. The best way to know a phoney is to know the real deal. I was with a youth pastor who said the same thing to kids.

Thanks again for taking the time to contribute.:asian:

Gates Of Fire is an excellent book and is a better resource for martial mindset, even being fiction, than alot of "Experts" books on the subject.
The opposite of fear is love, and it's the reason to stow your fear and do what must be done.
The part about giving in to possesion is also a good point, going to far, doing things out of pure cruelity can lead to ones downfall.

TheOriginalName

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I'm reminded of the old saying about detecting counterfeit money: The best way to detect a fake is to be very familiar with the original. You're not looking for clues as to why something is fake -- you're instinctively familiar with what's normal, and you can accept or reject it.

It's when something just doesn't "feel" right that I sort of wake up. So I train myself to be very familiar with the normal life around me, rather than always be looking for the unusual.

It's the same feeling I use when I'm riding my motorcycle in heavy traffic. I don't watch every car and driver in the danger range -- I watch the flow of traffic, and then I can detect danger more quickly because it's not part of the normal flow.

I guess I would rather spend my time watching for "originals" and assume anything else is a "counterfeit" until proven otherwise.

Now that is what i call wisdom

Latest Discussions