What qualifies someone to promote a student to Black Belt?

OP
Y

ydma1796

Sorry if I made it sound like we never wear belts. We do but it's not mandatory.... unless of course we're having an open house, putting on a demo somewhere, or at tournaments...etc. etc. ..

My point is not to say we disrespect the honor of rank, It just appears to help less experianced members relax. It's alittle less intimidating when white belt is sparring a black belt.

Oh before someone asks why a white belt is sparring a black belt... because you learn more from fighting a better opponent. Black belt "should" have enought control to spar without injurying their opponent. If they don't they shouldn't be a black belt anyway.

Salute :asian:
Kevin

DAC..florida

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I've been trianing in TKD for quite some time and every shcool I have attended we had to were a full gi and belt, in sparring you were not always matched up with someone who was equally ranked and I think that intimidated the lower belts.

The style I train in now doesnt require you to were your belt unless it is a testing day or if we have a distinguished guest or guests visiting our shcool. And I believe that this does lower the stress level and keeps the students focus on the training rather than the belt progression.

As far as who can promote a BB most styles I am familier with a 1st cant promote but a 2nd can promote up to 1st and 3rd can promote up to 2nd ect.

Action is always faster tha reaction!

Latest Discussions