What nonfiction book are you currently reading?

K

Kevin Walker

THEODORE REX by Edmond Morris, this is the third biography I have read about the life of President Theodore 'Teddy' Roosevelt.

And I am starting the book: 'SEVEN TAOIST MASTERS: A Folk Novel of China' by Eva Wong.

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
But flatlander...you get the whole universe in a book! :)

I've also started reading Franken's Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them: A Fair and Balanced Look at the Right.

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Imperial America
Reflections on the United States of Amnesia
Gore Vidal​

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
Where the Right Went Wrong: How Neo conservatives Subverted the Reagan Revlolution and Hijacked the Bush Presidency. By Pat Buchanen.

Interesting book. I think conservatives, liberals and libertarians all would find it a fascinating read...particularly if you're a lover of history...which Buchanen clearly is.

Regards,

Steve

RandomPhantom700

Master of Arts
Reaction score
"The Buffalo Creek Disaster", by Gerald M. Stern. It's the story of how a group of mining accident survivors sued the company and won, told by the plaintiff lawyer.

P

PeachMonkey

Makers of Modern Strategy: from Machiavelli to the Nuclear Age.

An excellent collection of essays that I haven't read in well over a decade.

P

Patrick Skerry

THE GENTLE ART OF VERBAL SELF-DEFENSE (c. 1980) by Suzette Haden Elgin

VERBAL JUDO: The Gentle Art of Persuasion (c. 1994) George J. Thompson

Very applicable!

KajuMom

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Eddie Would Go [font=verdana,arial,helvetica][size=-1]by Stuart Holmes Coleman[/size][/font] The Fighting Spirit of Japan [font=verdana,arial,helvetica][size=-1]by E. J. Harrison[/size][/font]

S

sifu nick

I too am reading Verbal Judo. Great book. Thompson is hilarious. We watched the video and went through the training in the Police Academy. It has gotten me out of quite a few situations unscathed.

B

bassplayer

-Qigong: The Secret of Youth (Yang)

-Six Not So Easy Pieces (Feynman)

-The World Treasury of Physics, Astronomy, and Mathematics (forgot who compiled it)

Also Wing Chun Kung Fu (Ip Chun)

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
An Incomplete Education by Judy Jones and William Wilson.

A fun book...it briefly covers a number of topics like law, art, technology, history. Gives the reader a very brief background on a number of things.

Regards,

Steve

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
hardheadjarhead said:
An Incomplete Education by Judy Jones and William Wilson. A fun book...it briefly covers a number of topics like law, art, technology, history. Gives the reader a very brief background on a number of things.
It is such a fun book, isn't it? I will often read a couple of pages over my breakfast. I am always amazed at how little I actually learned about some of the included topics. Sometimes I get frustrated that they don't go further into some of the included articles.

Mike

B

bassplayer

pakua said:
Fritjof Capra's The Tao of Physics
Pakua, how is this book? I've seen the title a couple of times but never picked it up.
I'm stuck between the writing for the layperson (not quite enough) and the hardcore textbooks (too much, at times!) ...I have a lot of catching up to do on my math!!! :)

C

Chicago Green Dragon

Zen in the Martial Arts by Joe Hyams

This is the 4th time ive read it.

Good Book if you can get a copy of it.

Chicago Green Dragon

:asian:

Latest Discussions