What makes a Martial Arts System Practical for Physical Self-Defense?

stanly stud

Blue Belt
Reaction score
duration need to be tied to the performance your trying to develop
was that not the other guy? who spoke about training for a short fight 60 secs to 120 secs? saying his short 5-10 mins were sufficient for these goals.

my traing is devepoled towards performance rather than asthetics
performance for what goal? the above one?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
was that not the other guy? who spoke about training for a short fight 60 secs to 120 secs? saying his short 5-10 mins were sufficient for these goals.

performance for what goal? the above one?
well yes, but not exclusivly, i may need to climb on a outhouse jump to a drain pipe shin to the window,climb in and recue some children by carrying them out,, from a fire it not that likely but if required im ready, no point trainibg for a 60 break ever min, when the house is on fire

no it was me when i carefully and simplisticaly told you that trainibg for a 5 hour bike ride takes 5 hours traing

stanly stud

Blue Belt
Reaction score
well yes, but not exclusivly, i may need to climb on a outhouse jump to a drain pipe shin to the window,climb in and recue you children, from a fire it not that likely but if required im ready
so you are saying the other guy was your gimmick account and you do not specifically train for any martial arts?.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
so you are saying the other guy was your gimmick account and you do not specifically train for any martial arts?.
are just not reading thing or missreading things on purpose

im training for life, to enjoy it with activerties and to be able to protect it, mine or someone elses

fighting is only one small part of that, i train karate for skill development, and my other training increases my karate a
ability greatly, and if i cant fight them i possibly out sprint them, it all comes together as one package

stanly stud

Blue Belt
Reaction score
fighting is only one small part of that, i train karate for skill development, and my other training increases my karate a
ability greatly,
so we are not really talking about 5 minutes 1x a week then are we?
how does your 5 minutes 1x a week help your ability in Karate? Given that you are training Karate for skill development?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
so we are not really talking about 5 minutes 1x a week then are we?
how does your 5 minutes 1x a week help your ability in Karate? Given that you are training Karate for skill development?
it jumps aroubd with what im working on at that moment, remember i train for performance.

once a week is more than sufficient to make great improvement, two or three is possibly better, at gettibg you there sooner, but if youve really out everythibg into it, the recovery time can be quite long

how does it help my karate? your not follow this are you, im dumbing it down as much as possible, because im super fit for 5 mins and no one else there is, in fact fibd anyone who is is quite difficult as they use the wrong training for ir

stanly stud

Blue Belt
Reaction score
im dumbing it down as much as possible, because im super fit for 5 mins

ah ok... so i guess we do not need targeted training with weights. full body moves. you said today no weights are needed.. so how can you generate this power as we see in this full body sumo deadlift???

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
ah ok... so i guess we do not need targeted training with weights. full body moves. you said today no weights are needed.. so how can you generate this power as we see in this full body sumo deadlift???
no you dont need weights, other than the weight of your own body and some idea of how a lever works

stanly stud

Blue Belt
Reaction score
no you dont need weights, other than the weight of your own body and some idea of how a lever works

OK can you demonstrate an exercise that equals the intensity of a heavy sumo deadlift.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
OK can you demonstrate an exercise that equals the intensity of a heavy sumo deadlift.

thats silly how heavy is heavy, what he is lifting is very very heavy, most peopke on earth's cant lift that, with out steriod.

my training for ab out the thousanth time is about max persormance over 5 mins,, if he can lift that non stop for 5 minetes then we might be able to compare

i can usibg principals of leverage i learnt at 9,increase the effective weight of my body at leat three times, thats 600 pounds, is that heavy enough to be heavy

Last edited:

stanly stud

Blue Belt
Reaction score
thats silly how heavy is heavy, what he is lifting is very very heavy, most peopke on earth's cant lift that, with out steriod.
no you specifically said you can train using body leverage(simple physics). which i understand to an extent but you can´t compare bodyweight with sumo deads can you?

also the sumo deadlift is a lift where anyone can work up to a large weight. So we will address your body physics. Look at the wide stance ,thus shorter range of motion. You clearly have never lifted weights nor do you understand it.
I specifically picked this type of deadlift to give you a chance..a branch to reach. However you have proved me correct.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
no you specifically said you can train using body leverage(simple physics). which i understand to an extent but you can´t compare bodyweight with sumo deads can you?

also the sumo deadlift is a lift where anyone can work up to a large weight. So we will address your body physics. Look at the wide stance ,thus shorter range of motion. You clearly have never lifted weights nor do you understand it.
I specifically picked this type of deadlift to give you a chance..a branch to reach. However you have proved me correct.
well yrs you can, that then depends on how much leverage you can get and how heavy you are, i can do a,similar( though not the same) movement , that works quads and and and lower back and arms,that hits circa 600lbs , and anyone can work up by changing the lever, i dont geberaly do that one now, as ive got no use for lifting 600lbs

now weight may be more convenient, but they are by no means essential to fitness or strengh training,

stanly stud

Blue Belt
Reaction score
well yrs you can, that then depends on how much leverage you can get and how heavy you are, i can do a,similar( though not the same) movement , that works quads and atm and lower back,that hits circa 600lbs , and anyone can work up by changing the lever

now weight may be more convenient, but they are by no means essential to fitness or strengh training,
show us.
no more blah..blah..talk show us

stanly stud

Blue Belt
Reaction score
are you starting this again, youve not shown us your standard of lifting and even if you do, its still no to the stalker
No i have a valid arguement here..

If you do not understand a Sumo Deadlift & it´s physics how can you tell me you understand the Biomechanics of bodyweight exercises which can reproduce a 600LB Sumo Dead? LMAO !!

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
No i have a valid arguement here..

If you do not understand a Sumo Deadlift & it´s physics how can you tell me you understand the Biomechanics of bodyweight exercises which can reproduce a 600LB Sumo Dead? LMAO !!
i do inderstand dead lifts, its you thats failing to understand simple leverage, your point was you cant create a heavy load doing body weight and you certainly can,

stanly stud

Blue Belt
Reaction score
i do inderstand dead lifts, its you thats failing to understand simpke le
OK.. then how can you tell me you can use bodyweight & have 600LBs resistance? how can you measure this?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
OK.. then how can you tell me you can use bodyweight & have 600LBs resistance? how can you measure this?
you dont measure it,( though you could) you calculate it using maths, did you skip the whole of 8th grade ?

as it is the actual weight doesnt matter only that you lifting at 90% of ORM , considerable, infact infinitly large weight are possible, if you could lay your hands on an infinitly long lever

stanly stud

Blue Belt
Reaction score
you dont measure it,( though you could) you calculate it using maths, did you skip the whole of 8th grade ?

as it is the actual weight doesnt matter only that you lifting at 90% of ORM , considerable, infact infinitly large weight are possible, if you could lay your hands on an infinitly long lever
Your answers are the only thing that is infinity long & utter BS.
I thought you lifted 100% & not 90% ?

listen you put up a video of this 600LB lift or please shut up !

Latest Discussions