What is your plan for re-opening?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I appreciate that you are willing to put it in writing. :)

She has an angelic face, a beautiful soothing voice. And as she told me years ago, "With this face and the way I talk I can lie to any person, any cop, any judge and they will believe what I say. And I will say anything I want to get anything I want because I can."

She even had her own brother arrested because he pissed her off about something. She later dropped the charges, after he spent the night in jail. She so enjoyed doing that.

But I believe in Karma. God, I hope I'm right.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Again you worry about flying crane...we are good.
No....that doesn't work....I'm worried about headhunter....but CB Jones poor choices puts headhunter at risk...here's why.

CB drives his son to karate class. His son does sparring and picks up the virus from his sparring partner. Son comes home and infects CB. Headhunter and CB go to the same shop and end up walking past each other or being near each other (let's all be honest inside shops social distancing does not happen)

So then CB infects headhunter.

You see it's not just your own health at risk it's the health of countless other people you can infect.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
As long as your decisions don’t put others in danger. That is where your rights end. That is well established in American law.

Keep your son safe. I would hate to hear that his name ended up on the list.
His decisions are 100% putting people in danger. Right now going near him is a flip of a coin with the risk 50/50 chance....not odds I like to play with my health or my families

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
His decisions are 100% putting people in danger. Right now going near him is a flip of a coin with the risk 50/50 chance....not odds I like to play with my health or my families
50/50 chance? That is outright absurd. I find it truly bizarre how we went through the avian flu pandemic in 2008 and didn't miss a beat. And it has never went away but you never hear about that. This thing is for real, sure but it has been the greatest spin in the history of man.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
50/50 chance? That is outright absurd. I find it truly bizarre how we went through the avian flu pandemic in 2008 and didn't miss a beat. And it has never went away but you never hear about that. This thing is for real, sure but it has been the greatest spin in the history of man.
Yeah yeah whatever you say

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree with the concept, but those numbers are way off. He's got a 2% chance to have it, and most of the time spreading it is over longer contact. So if someone were to figure out how to plug in the numbers, not knowing his status, it's probably less than a 1% chance that you'd get it by going near cb. Otherwise everyone would get covid after one trip to the grocery store.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
it really isnt 50 50, thats silly

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I agree with the concept, but those numbers are way off. He's got a 2% chance to have it, and most of the time spreading it is over longer contact. So if someone were to figure out how to plug in the numbers, not knowing his status, it's probably less than a 1% chance that you'd get it by going near cb. Otherwise everyone would get covid after one trip to the grocery store.
why do you think its as high as 2%. thats 50 1

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
So basically this is you saying you only care about yourself and not other people?

No its saying....that we weigh the risk and make a decision to go to class....if you don't want to take the risk then you make the decision not to go. I am not bound by your decision.

You choose your level of isolation and I will choose mine.

Everyone's situation is different and their decision is their decision.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
No its saying....that we weigh the risk and make a decision to go to class....if you don't want to take the risk then you make the decision not to go. I am not bound by your decision.

Until your actions endanger other people. This is well established in American law.

This is why we don’t let people drive intoxicated. The risk extends to those around you. It isn’t just you being cavalier with your own safety.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Until your actions endanger other people. This is well established in American law.

This is why we don’t let people drive intoxicated. The risk extends to those around you. It isn’t just you being cavalier with your own safety.

Yes because going to karate class is like drunk driving.....good grief.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Exposing yourself and your son and the rest of your family to folks who could have a contagious and potentially fatal virus is, when it is known that the virus is rampant and uncontrolled in many parts of the nation.

Look, if you want to walk off into the forest and play Russian Roulette all by yourself, then go ahead I won’t stop you. But when you try to drag others with you to play, including a minor, then at least I’m gonna speak up and say something.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score

Again wrong. Me having to go to the shop to get food is a lot more essential than you driving your kid to karate class. It really doesn't matter if I don't go because if you catch it then go around in public then you're passing it around to people....why're you struggling to understand this?

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Right now it is just as risky.....I know you enjoy taking your kid to karate and telling everyone all about it but there's a reason clubs closed down in the first place and the situation now is no better than it was then.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It actually is similar. Approximately 10k people per year are killed as a result of drunk drivers in the US. Most people who drive while drunk do not kill anyone or even get into an accident or get caught doing so. And yet something like 20% of people know someone who died due to drunk driving.

In comparison, 102K people died from COVID-19 in the US. Since it's been here for less than half a year, compare that to probably 4k drunk drivers in the same amount of time. Most people who go out are not spreading COVID, because they don't have it. But, similarly to drunk driving, when enough people do so, they are spreading it and killing others without any malicious intent whatsoever (all the drunk drivers I've talked to whom have killed someone feel regret. Even those who only drank 2 beers, and I talked to them 15 years later).

The only real difference is that you will never know if you killed anyone with your actions. You may not even acknowledge that you had the potential to do so. The drunk drivers know that they are murderers, you do not. You don't even consider the possibility. That is literally the only difference.

And yet, one you acknowledge as being a horrible thing to do, the other you dismiss any risk from.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm going just based on my area. What I've looked up (a week or two ago, see earlier in this thread), each town in my county seemed to be about 2% that had it.
was that a result of testing or just a figure someone pulled out of a hat. ? there has been a lot of hats involved in this

they are currently doing mass testing people associated with professional soccer, in England not just players but all the staff.

they are currently getting a positive rate of circa 0.4 % or 4 in a thousand or 250 to one, they may not be a truly Representative group, but i doubt it differ to the true average by 500%

the only other mass testing they have done are health workers etc, they are themselves very very far from being representative of the public at large

Last edited:

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Right now it is just as risky.....I know you enjoy taking your kid to karate and telling everyone all about it but there's a reason clubs closed down in the first place and the situation now is no better than it was then.
The situation has gotten Much better and the numbers prove that, skewed as they are. And you answered your own question. Initially schools were closed per Our government's mandate. Schools are now allowed to open per Our government's guidelines. He is following Our government's leadership to the letter. He is not out there going rogue much as you want to imply this.
He is within his rights according to Our government's law. You are within your rights to continue your attempts at fearmongering due to the freedoms afforded by Our country and the brave men and women who fight for it..

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It actually is similar. Approximately 10k people per year are killed as a result of drunk drivers in the US. Most people who drive while drunk do not kill anyone or even get into an accident or get caught doing so. And yet something like 20% of people know someone who died due to drunk driving.

In comparison, 102K people died from COVID-19 in the US. Since it's been here for less than half a year, compare that to probably 4k drunk drivers in the same amount of time. Most people who go out are not spreading COVID, because they don't have it. But, similarly to drunk driving, when enough people do so, they are spreading it and killing others without any malicious intent whatsoever (all the drunk drivers I've talked to whom have killed someone feel regret. Even those who only drank 2 beers, and I talked to them 15 years later).

The only real difference is that you will never know if you killed anyone with your actions. You may not even acknowledge that you had the potential to do so. The drunk drivers know that they are murderers, you do not. You don't even consider the possibility. That is literally the only difference.

And yet, one you acknowledge as being a horrible thing to do, the other you dismiss any risk from.

you can only really project those figures in that way, if the death rate for the US has increased by 102 000

Latest Discussions