What fiction book are you currently reading?

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Rereading Old Man's War By John Scalzi, because it is that good and I needed it on my kindle.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Ran through the first Harry Potter book with my son and have started the second, and we have "Swiss Family Robinson" on audiobook in the car

For myself I am reading "Summer Knight," which seems to be on a similar level (meaning good!) as the previous Dresden novels.

KempoGuy06

Grandmaster
Reaction score
reading Star Wars Fate of the Jedi: Apocalypse. It is the last book in the Fate of the Jedi series, so far it is pretty good.

B

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
'Skag Boys', Irvine Welsh's new prequel to 'Trainspotting'. Like 'Trainspotting', it's Edinburgh and Glasgow accents and dialects written phonetically, which makes it quite a hard read at first, until you convince the voice in your head that it is Scottish. Good so far though, and 'Trainspotting' was a brilliant, brilliant book, so I have high hopes.

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Knights of the Cross by Tom Harper. It's a murder mystery/political thriller set during the First Crusade.

mmartist

Green Belt
Reaction score
Go Tell the Spartans by Jerry Pournelle and S.M. Stirling
The Mote into God's Eye by Jerry Pournelle and Larry Niven
both books are Sci Fi and they are genious

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just finished "A Rising Thunder", the latest Honor Harrington book from David Webber. Not bad in terms of the plot repositioning for the major players but a small quibble for the increasing use of foul language from characters. It's not a context that I would expect the use of the F word and I didn't appreciate it's over liberal appearance.

Latest Discussions