What fiction book are you currently reading?

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The Gold Coast by Nelson DeMille. OK but I like the Jogn Corey books better. I hear DeMille is doing another one due out this year called " The Panther "

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Got totally distracted putting away Ringo's "Live Free or Die" and wound up rereading it, and because I did that, now I am rereading the sequal "Citadel" now.

Have Weber's "How Firm a Foundation" on audiobook in the car.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am re-reading Gibson's "Neuromancer" for probably the 7th or 8th time since I read it in the late 80's. It's amazing, that the man, who couldn't operate a computer to save his life, (neuromancer was written on an old fashioned typewriter in fact) and had almost no technical knowledge whatsoever not only predicted so much of today's technology, helped to define an entire genre of Sci Fi, AND influenced a huge Subcultural movement...

blindsage

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Last Watch by Sergei Lukyanenko. Really good contemporary horror/fantasy. This is the fourth book in the series (Night Watch, Day Watch, Twilight Watch).

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
about to start Pronto by Elmore Leonard, this is the book where Raylan Givens, the lead character from Justified comes from.

AJPerry

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Just got hooked over Christmas on Vince Flynn with his series of Mitt Rapp novels about an American Assasin.

I love finding a good series that I missed so I don't have to wait for the next book to come out but I have nearly caught up on all of them.

If anyone wants to read these get "American Assasin" first because it's a prequal to the series (I just got lucky with my timing)

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
AJperry, did you see the movie Red? I think from that movie that Karl Urban, the guy who played Cooper would be perfect for Mitch Rapp in the upcoming movie.

I am currently working through the Robert Crais books about Elvis Cole, the private detective and his partner, Joe Pike. The first couple were a little weak, but the later ones have been really good.

Also, I am reading "Wearing the Cape," a 2.99 book on the kindle about superheroes. It is pretty good, much like the Jim Butcher Harry Dresden books in tone, but with superheroes. Besides, you can't beat 2.99 for a book these days.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm currently reading Joe Abercrombie's 4th book, "Best Served Cold". Abercrombie is my current favorite fantasy author... his books are hard edged, pull no punches fantasy with believable, well thought out characters.

War may be hell but for Monza Murcatto, the Snake of Talins, the most feared and famous mercenary in Duke Orso's employ, it's a damn good way of making money too. Her victories have made her popular - a shade too popular for her employer's taste. Betrayed and left for dead, Murcatto's reward is a broken body and a burning hunger for vengeance. Whatever the cost, seven men must die.

Her allies include Styria's least reliable drunkard, Styria's most treacherous poisoner, a mass-murderer obsessed with numbers and a Northman who just wants to do the right thing. Her enemies number the better half of the nation. And that's all before the most dangerous man in the world is dispatched to hunt her down and finish the job Duke Orso started...

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.
Reminds me alot of the John Christopher books that I read as an early teen, dystopian futures with teen protagonists, not bad but I don't really understand the hype and incredibly high reviews these books are getting.

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
Star Wars Darth Plagueis by James Luceno. Darth Plagueis is Darth Sidious' (Emperor Palpatine) teacher.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Dead Six by Larry Correia and Mike Kupari. I am fairly underwhelmed, not bad but not half as good as Correia's MHI stuff, so I am a bit disappointed.

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Just got done reading "This Is Not A Game" by Walter Jon Williamson. Gratuitously awesome.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Dead Six by Larry Correia and Mike Kupari. I am fairly underwhelmed, not bad but not half as good as Correia's MHI stuff, so I am a bit disappointed.

It is on my list but, a ways down.

Two (or more) authors working together tends to leave a substandard book...

I'm reading The Bride Wore Black Leather By Simon R Green

Latest Discussions