Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
201110210915.jpg

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I think the tumblr site is simply fueling half-formed stereotypical representations of the "99%". I guess since all the old middle-eastern dictators and terrorists are "dead" we need some other social pariahs to be our boogie men. Ah look, the unwashed, cornrowed, unemployed, layabout wastril OWS protestors. They will do I suppose.

I still remain unconvinced by the change-bringing ability of these protests (if not by the merit of protesting per se). And but the guy who put up this tumblr site is not just some ordinary punter with a gripe like some people here, I believe Erikson and his website compatriots have their own political agenda and this is why I think the whole OWS thing is destined to become whatever those with the greatest purse decide it is going to become. I love the free market.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
LOL. Funny cartoon. But, Don and Twin Fist, I linked to some actual pie charts and facts regarding wealth and distribution of wealth and power in America. What did you think of those? It's a long article, but it's clear and it's accurate. Also, could you explain why you guys are in favor of creating new Federal taxes without repealing old ones? I thought taxation was a big deal for tea partiers. It is for me, but I'm just a conservative.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
jenna we didnt invent them, they are making asses of THEMSELVES, and the funny part is, the occupiers? it is all fake, it is a bought and paid for movement, financed by soros, it has been PROVEN.

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
jenna we didnt invent them, they are making asses of THEMSELVES, and the funny part is, the occupiers? it is all fake, it is a bought and paid for movement, financed by soros, it has been PROVEN.
I have no doubt that OWS -having neither mandate nor core vision- could be easily infiltrated / hijacked and manipulated in whichever direction most suited those bankrolled hijackers.

To suggest that the whole entire Occupy thing has been from the beginning a "sponsored" movement, I think is perfectly plausible. I mean, this 53% blog in the OP, while seeming to be a collection of random rants was set up with a specific political agenda, so it is more than possible - there are numerous other sites online such as Movements.org that sponsor "people's" revolutions for unpleasant ends, so yes, I am inclined not to disagree with you.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have no doubt that OWS -having neither mandate nor core vision- could be easily infiltrated / hijacked and manipulated in whichever direction most suited those bankrolled hijackers.

To suggest that the whole entire Occupy thing has been from the beginning a "sponsored" movement, I think is perfectly plausible. I mean, this 53% blog in the OP, while seeming to be a collection of random rants was set up with a specific political agenda, so it is more than possible - there are numerous other sites online such as Movements.org that sponsor "people's" revolutions for unpleasant ends, so yes, I am inclined not to disagree with you.
There is nothing inherently wrong with a sponsored movement, IF both the participants and the sponsors are open and honest about it.
That does not seem to be the case here.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

tsk tsk tsk....buying in The Man's propaganda!

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
tsk tsk tsk....buying in The Man's propaganda!
Aww do not tsk me G, you will make me sad!! Anyway sshhh, you will blow my covers! I am an insider; a triple agent, on double time. With a single mission. All will be revealed. The new world order is coming. 'N stuff.