Warrior Nutrition

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I've heard this a lot, and half agree. You give up cheese or milk, and replace it with a good habit, after 12 weeks you won't want cheese or milk because they will taste sour. It's surprising how quickly our tastes change and can be trained. Bit of willpower needed in the first few weeks but it's nothing like giving up nicotine.

Gnarlie

The issue is that you can't go cold turkey on food. You have to eat. The guys who cut weight have this issue. They do five six meals a day but it is like half a rye slice for breakfast a can of tuna for morning tea a capsicum an egg. And so on.

They all start to get a bit edgie by the end of it

I take some of the methods of that. So instead of a replacement shake I might have an avocado and a capsicum. As a snack.

OP
wingchun100

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well if that photo is not photo shopped, pretty impressive. The e-version is only available on Amazon UK :/

I took the plunge and ordered the "paperback" version. I put that in quotes because I have never seen a paperback cost so much. Still, it was cheaper than having to buy a Kindle, which I may do eventually anyway...but not right now.

OP
wingchun100

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
If you are cutting sugar fat and carbs. Then it will suck for a while.

I tend not to bother with labels. I just buy food that looks like food.

So instead of a shake I will have brown rice tuna and nuts.

Shakes may not "look like food" in powder form, but they were made with real food. Maybe you aren't a big fan of shakes, but some people are; there is nothing wrong with those of us who DO drink shakes (except maybe for some reason that kicks us out of the "cool kids" club). And yes, a lot of shakes out there are filled with junk. That is why it is up to the person who wants to consume a shake to do research instead of buying the first product they see.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've heard this a lot, and half agree. You give up cheese or milk, and replace it with a good habit, after 12 weeks you won't want cheese or milk because they will taste sour. It's surprising how quickly our tastes change and can be trained. Bit of willpower needed in the first few weeks but it's nothing like giving up nicotine.

Gnarlie

Yep, that is the biggest one to kick!

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like to throw a mix of fresh fruits and veggies in the blender (I have a heavy duty blender) with some protein powder and turmeric. I sip on it throughout the day. It allows me to get the nutritional value of the veggies that I don't like to eat.

Like the sound of that. Best get me a blender then.

OP
wingchun100

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I thought that Mark Sisson looked familiar. Sure enough, he is the guy who created the P90X Results and Recovery Formula, which is 80% carbs and 20% protein. Weird how he is now a Paleo fan and basically denounces his own creation.

OP
wingchun100

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well I have read through THE FIGHTER'S BODY, and while it was well-written, I didn't find much use in it. It went over a lot of things I already knew. However, if I hadn't read them before, it would have been a great guide.

There was ONE idea it gave me that I hadn't thought of before, and I should have, given how I did the Atkins diet at one point. The main point of Atkins is that you consume less carbs so your body can burn fat for fuel. Over time, you increase your daily carb intake because (hopefully) you have less fat. Therefore, you need the carbs again for that energy.

Now, I stopped Atkins because my results had plateaued. And not for nothing, but I like bread and fruit too much. However, the idea in this book gave me a way to get the same "burn fat for fuel first" result:

WORK OUT BEFORE BREAKFAST. In other words, when the only thing on my body to consume is (you guessed it) fat!

It was such a "doh!" moment that I can't believe it didn't occur to me before.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well I have read through THE FIGHTER'S BODY, and while it was well-written, I didn't find much use in it. It went over a lot of things I already knew. However, if I hadn't read them before, it would have been a great guide.

I liked "Eat to Live" and "Eat For Health" by Joel Fuhrman better, and I think it is a better way to eat...for that matter I like "Gilad's Eat Right Now Plan" better as well and they are both very healthy eating plans and pretty well balanced too. They however are taking you to a complete change in the way you eat and they are not a diet you go on for a bit and then change back to a more balanced nutritional based plan. They are more nutritionally balanced ways to eat.

But I did not think that was what you were looking for based on the title of the Thread "Warrior Nutrition". The Fighter's Body, which I read a while ago, seemed to apply more to your title

OP
wingchun100

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I liked "Eat to Live" and "Eat For Health" by Joel Fuhrman better, and I think it is a better way to eat...for that matter I like "Gilad's Eat Right Now Plan" better as well and they are both very healthy eating plans and pretty well balanced too. They however are taking you to a complete change in the way you eat and they are not a diet you go on for a bit and then change back to a more balanced nutritional based plan. They are more nutritionally balanced ways to eat.

But I did not think that was what you were looking for based on the title of the Thread "Warrior Nutrition". The Fighter's Body, which I read a while ago, seemed to apply more to your title

All I meant by "warrior" was because we are all into martial arts here, so that's why I phrased it that way. :) It was a good book, but I have read similar things before so it was nothing new to me personally.

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
bloody hell it's no wonder that i feel like a truck reading these posts lol :)

i train everyday in the dojo and at home at the minute so my "diet" is a see food and eat one :)

todays meals were a bit ok for me :)

breakfast = vit/min tabs 2 cups of tetleys tea with 3 heaped spoons of sugar in each -- tut tut

lunchtime = vit/min tabs and cheese and branston small chunk plus 200grams chocolate bar plus 1 pint semi skimmed strawberry milkshake (i make my own) plus a quite a few cups of tea with 3 heaped spoons of sugar in each -- tut tut again lol ;)

oh forgot i smoke too - so not good lol :)

and i've not had dinner yet and quite frankly i can't be fussed with eating --- i've not long since got back from the dojo and i'm trashed again lol :)

my stats are 34B - 24 - 30 --- can't be doing too much wrong ;)

not really a warrior diet is it ????? ;)

donna

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bloody hell it's no wonder that i feel like a truck reading these posts lol :)

i train everyday in the dojo and at home at the minute so my "diet" is a see food and eat one :)

todays meals were a bit ok for me :)

breakfast = vit/min tabs 2 cups of tetleys tea with 3 heaped spoons of sugar in each -- tut tut

lunchtime = vit/min tabs and cheese and branston small chunk plus 200grams chocolate bar plus 1 pint semi skimmed strawberry milkshake (i make my own) plus a quite a few cups of tea with 3 heaped spoons of sugar in each -- tut tut again lol ;)

oh forgot i smoke too - so not good lol :)

and i've not had dinner yet and quite frankly i can't be fussed with eating --- i've not long since got back from the dojo and i'm trashed again lol :)

my stats are 34B - 24 - 30 --- can't be doing too much wrong ;)

not really a warrior diet is it ????? ;)

donna

No it is not, it is just mental :D No I won't an Ann Robinson here but..... Anyway, serious question here. What's with the
donnaTKD said:
breakfast = vit/min tabs

Latest Discussions