Venting Room

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I can't remember the other room like this one so I started a new one.

I was just cleaning the kitchen up when I came across a cantalope on the floor. The kids and everyone else knows to put fruit in the fridge. :ticked: At this point aaron was climbing on the wood in between the diningroom and kitchen. When I looked at him and reached down at the :cuss: cantalope my fingers went right through the middle of the :cuss: thing. All kinds of gross stuff all over my fingers and man did it stink.:flammad: This is why I came back to the computer and took a moments break.

P

pknox

I feel for you bro - my 3 year old son has this new habit of "hiding" his food, and then forgetting where it is. I have found countless tortilla chips, half eaten sandwiches, and granola bars in all kinds of places -- his favorite seems to be behind the couch. Now that it's hot, he's been eating a lot of popsicles. The other day I plopped down on the couch, and heard a "squishing" noise. After checking to make sure the guinea pig was still in the cage (thank God) I removed the cushion to find about a dozen melted ice pops, still in their wrapper - or at least they were before I "squished" them. They were all orange. Evidently he doesn't :cuss: like orange. :angry:

Isn't it amazing how you love 'em one minute, but sometimes...

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
As Bill Clinton would say "I feel your pain." My 3 yr old does the same. His favorite hiding place is beside the t.v. on the entertainment center. None of my youngun's can quite grasp the concept of putting something back when they're done with it.

Jason, just convince yourself that the cantaloupe was training for a serious eye poke.:D

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
My kid is 13 and she still leaves half eaten food all over her bedroom for days. Whenever I want to get fired up and pissed off I just take a tour of that messy bedroom.

Anybody remember the old TV show the Odd Couple? Well, I'm like the clean freak Felix Unger, and she's the sloppy Oscar Madison... :angry: :cuss:

M

Master of Blades

Hey....Dont complain......I'm 16 and I STILL leave food all over the place :D

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My son had a solid oak captain's bed. One halloween, he brought home some painted mini pumpkins and for some reason, stuffed it away in the bed's storage area (underbed cupboard). It remained there until spring when I was gonna move him out to another room and move his sister in. The storage door was opened and he threw something in that broke the pumpkins. Eewwww! Moldy, squishy, and fuzzy! Stinks! There were tons of candy wrappers too. The irony is the trash container is only a yard away. How hard is it to put trash in the container??!!!??

- Ceicei

OP
jfarnsworth

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Master of Blades
Hey....Dont complain......I'm 16 and I STILL leave food all over the place :D

That's just lovely to hear:rolleyes: . I have one that turned 10 last month and a girl to turn 8 in two days.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Originally posted by KenpoTess
I recall my daughter at age 4 thinking the VCR would be a perfect spot to 'warm up' her grilled cheese sandwich... *fsdkljsdjkls)*

I had a similar experience, except my 3 yr old son fed the VCR a PBJ sandwich.

- Ceicei

OP
jfarnsworth

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ceicei
I had a similar experience, except my 3 yr old son fed the VCR a PBJ sandwich.

Luckily I haven't had that yet.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Another vent I have is finding all sorts of stuff in the pockets of my sons' pants when its laundry day. They are 10 and 8 years old.
:mad:
I've found rocks, screws, dead slugs, pieces of asphalt, half a lizard, sand, live snake, chewed gum (that was tough to take it out!), rollie-pollies, melted candies, and a host of other stuff. When some of them are mixed up together, its utterly gross.

:(

- Ceicei

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Originally posted by arnisador
I manage to leave junk in my pockets and I'm no kid!

So what have you found in your pockets besides lint and money?

- Ceicei

L

Limey Scrapman

My son has a habbit of waiting untill I've just changed him into a clean nappy (diaper) before erm... " code brown" :)

I'll notice the smell just as I'm ready to go out. :eek:

Of course he wants to go out not have his bum changed again so we have a little tussle baby BJJ style. They wiggle and can do a mean axe kick. :D

hSorry MOB Hope this isn't too gross, parents just love to talk about this stuff :)

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ceicei
Another vent I have is finding all sorts of stuff in the pockets of my sons' pants when its laundry day. They are 10 and 8 years old.
:mad:
I've found rocks, screws, dead slugs, pieces of asphalt, half a lizard, sand, live snake, chewed gum (that was tough to take it out!), rollie-pollies, melted candies, and a host of other stuff. When some of them are mixed up together, its utterly gross.

:(

- Ceicei

HA HA! I washed my wallet with my PAYCHECK in it just last week. OPPS. And I should be old enough to know better. :rofl:

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Maybe the mall will have some. I wonder if they'll be on sale?
Getting the basic version of the "kid" is easy.... it's the add-ons and upgrades that get expensive.:mad:

P

pknox

Originally posted by theletch1
Getting the basic version of the "kid" is easy.... it's the add-ons and upgrades that get expensive.:mad:

Just make sure the store you buy it from has a liberal exchange policy - you'll most likely want to bring it back before the dreaded "teenager" version change kicks in - and if you wait too long, you end up having to pay for the "college" system upgrade. ;)

K

KenpoMatt

Just make sure the store you buy it from has a liberal exchange policy - you'll most likely want to bring it back before the dreaded "teenager" version change kicks in - and if you wait too long, you end up having to pay for the "college" system upgrade.

I like to remind my girlfriend that I still have her receipt & I WILL take her back to the store if she proves defective...heheheh :)

OP
jfarnsworth

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by theletch1

You ain't lying either. My 10yr. old eats me out of house and home already.

Latest Discussions