Veggies

OP
M

MountainSage

Keep eating meat it keeps me in a job. I am a farmer that raises lamb, pig and chicken, so keep eating meat. If you can't find a good cut of lamb locally; e-mail me I can ship a whole carcass for a fair price. There will be no need for the 9mm Sieg, I ship them died and frozen.

Mountain Sage

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by jfarnsworth
I have to admit; mahi mahi filets are good.;)

Your're safe from the environmentalists because, I think Mahi Mahi is dolphin fish not dolphin/porpoise.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by OULobo
Your're safe from the environmentalists because, I think Mahi Mahi is dolphin fish not dolphin/porpoise.

Right. It's actually the dolphina fish not an actual porpose.

OP
L

lost_tortoise

Be careful boys and girls. Do not make the mistake of automatically associating environmentalism and vegetarianism, especially if discussing these groups in a derogatory fashion. This is dangerous practice.

I, for one, only consume the muscle tissue of sea creatures and the occasional wild game. Health, religion and convenience all play parts in my dietary choices, but my activism is not associated with this aspect of my life.

And yes, I am a "tree-hugging" activist.

www.vhemt.org

OP
M

MountainSage

Best stay in Kentucky, here in Eastern Oregon we use "Tree Hugger" for sighting in our rifle before hunting for an animal of some use, ie deer, elk, bird, weasels:D . Your choice of meat diet is very understandable with your admitted tree hugging stance. You have read and see to many horror stories about the commerical processing of domesticated meat is my guess and your probably correct. I won't eat meat from the local Safeway, just the meat I or my neighbors raise, killed by the local mobile slaughter plant and cut by my local butcher, both I have known for 30+ years each. It must be difficult to not know where your meat comes from and how it is processed. Have faith anyone can go to a local farmer you trust and purchase a live animal for slaughter.

Mountain Sage

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by lost_tortoise
Be careful boys and girls. Do not make the mistake of automatically associating environmentalism and vegetarianism, especially if discussing these groups in a derogatory fashion. This is dangerous practice.

I, for one, only consume the muscle tissue of sea creatures and the occasional wild game. Health, religion and convenience all play parts in my dietary choices, but my activism is not associated with this aspect of my life.

And yes, I am a "tree-hugging" activist.

www.vhemt.org

I didn't mean for the statement to be negative, and I was indeed mistaken to use the term environmentalist instead of animal rights activist, as they are usually who protest (and rightfully so) about the needless deaths of dolphins.

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I try to buy local butcher meat when I have access to it. There is something to be said for the working farmer and I would rather support him than the large corporate factory farm.

I like the idea of vegitarianism, but I don't think that it is healthy or feasible (too hard to get enough protein), besides I love the taste of a juicy steak or BBQed ribs or smoked bacon or . . .well need I go on. I think our bodies digest meat well for a reason, besides a tiger doesn't stop hunting because he feels bad for the prey. I have much repect for anyone who has the conviction to follow their beliefs down the veggie path, though.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by OULobo
I didn't mean for the statement to be negative, and I was indeed mistaken to use the term environmentalist instead of animal rights activist, as they are usually who protest (and rightfully so) about the needless deaths of dolphins.

Geez, I didn't know that your post would have made someone angry :idunno: . I personally didn't take it the wrong way.:confused:

rachel

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Angus
I'm fairly vegetarian, I suppose. Although it's not like I'm a tree-hugging animal activist, as I'm not that opposed to eating it, I just tend not to because I don't find it to be that necessary. I'd prefer to eat vegetables and other types of proteins instead. Mind you, I do eat chicken (I LOVE TERIYAKI) and beef jerky (great source of protein by weight/portion) every once in a while, but certainly not everyday.

I've found, however, that I tend to eat a lot of fruit throughout the day, though. Too much, actually, so I'm working on it, though. However, overall I have a healthy diet (although too heavy on fruit) that is more balanced than most vegetarians I've seen. It helps that I actually love vegetables rather than just not wanting to eat meat.
I'm a vegetarian most of the time just because I find I don't like the taste of most meat. I will eat chicken on occasion and I eat tuna fish. Also a few years back I got some meat from a local store with a good reputation. We made some meatloaf. Now I don't know if it was the breadcrumbs or the meat but we cooked it thoroughly. Well done and brought it to work for lunch. It went through the microwave and low and behold WORMS!!!! Little green worms!!! Crawling around like they didn't get cooked in an oven or microwaved. I was so grossed out. I believe that started my journey to vegetarianism.I don't begrudge people eating meat. To each their own. I just prefer to severely limit my meat consumption.

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by jfarnsworth
Geez, I didn't know that your post would have made someone angry :idunno: . I personally didn't take it the wrong way.:confused:

See what you did! Now another controversy will erupt, because of YOU!

You guys forgot to mention roadkill!:barf:

OP
L

LostGrrlDies

why are you asking?

i am not a vegitarian, but i dont eat much meat.

if you want recipes i have more than enough.

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Originally posted by MountainSage
Keep eating meat it keeps me in a job. I am a farmer that raises lamb, pig and chicken, so keep eating meat. If you can't find a good cut of lamb locally; e-mail me I can ship a whole carcass for a fair price. There will be no need for the 9mm Sieg, I ship them died and frozen.

Mountain Sage
Actually, i would use the .45 but that's ok, got a price list? If so, shoot it to me off-line at [email protected] I have a huge freezer, I'll just take Al Capone out to make more room.

Latest Discussions