Used up Tooth brush and chewed gum...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Not just the military ive heard it all my life and still do. "Oh did you hear about so and so she such a slut".
Last time I heard anything like this was when I was in high school, and the truth is, chances are it was all crap. Ballen, what kind of people do you surround yourself with that you would EVER hear this from anyone over 25 years old?[/quote]
There is a saying in police work to watch out for bagde bunnies or holster sniffers they are fun to play with but you dont end up with one. You have never heard stuff like that before? All things being equal would you prefer you wife to have been with 5 guys before you or 50?[/QUOTE]While the question was directed to Tony, since you chose to post it in the forum instead of a PM, I'll echo what Tony said. I have never asked my wife, and at just this side of 20 years of happy marriage, don't care at all. It could have been 5 or 50... or 0.

pgsmith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
My bad. Your use of the word ignorant rather than say, naive or inexperienced, is I guess what threw me off.
Either probably would have been a better choice. Although they all pretty much mean the same thing, I can see how ignorant would be considered more derogatory. In my head ignorance is not insulting, it simply means there is a lack of information.

Teaching the science of sex wouldn't be very sexy, would it? :uhyeah: But perhaps you are right, the schools should stop trying to teach sexual morals. That is after all, what is being done for the most part: Use protection, prevent STD and pregnancy- moral value taught, having premarital sex is OK if you don't get STDs or get pregnant. Or, your body is your own, you can decide what you want to do. Moral value taught, as a teenager, you don't have to follow your parent's nor religion's value standards.

And of course, if you don't have to listen to your parents about sex, why should you have to listen about things like drug or alcohol use, or how to drive safely?

I agree. The current leaders of our society are much more concerned with having followers than with educating. Science is scary since it advocates that people should consider the facts and think for themselves.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm somewhat confused as to why you would keep saying this when I've just answered you twice. Are you really incapable of believing that someone might not have a preference on the matter? Here's a useful tip: different people have different preferences, beliefs, feelings, cultural programming, and so on. If you insist on calling them liars when their preferences/beliefs/feelings/etc don't correspond with your own, then you are cutting yourself off from understanding huge aspects of the human condition - not to mention running the risk of pissing off all the people that you are calling liars.

The question was simple A or B answer. It was a hypothetical question would you prefer A or B if everything else was equal. Simple question really I prefer A. There is not C. I dont want to know answer. Kinda like do you like pizza or burgers. Yes you can like both but the question is which do you like better it requires a choice not an "I dont care".

And I wasnt calling you a lair. I understand in your real life you didnt care to even ask. Id guess because you know your wife and how she behaves and acts and was brought up yo already have some idea. Thats why the question was hypothetical

Also if a thread on the internet pisses you off you may need to step away from the computer and reevaluate your life

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Last time I heard anything like this was when I was in high school, and the truth is, chances are it was all crap. Ballen, what kind of people do you surround yourself with that you would EVER hear this from anyone over 25 years old?
There is a saying in police work to watch out for bagde bunnies or holster sniffers they are fun to play with but you dont end up with one. You have never heard stuff like that before? All things being equal would you prefer you wife to have been with 5 guys before you or 50?While the question was directed to Tony, since you chose to post it in the forum instead of a PM, I'll echo what Tony said. I have never asked my wife, and at just this side of 20 years of happy marriage, don't care at all. It could have been 5 or 50... or 0.

Hard to see what your saying here I think the quote button got away from you.
As to what type of people I surround myself with Id say normal everyday people. When someone sleeps around people notice and comment. There is a female officer where I work that has had sex with at least 10 other officers. People call her names all the time, nasty, slut, gross, come to mind. To be fair the same is said about the guys as well. Maybe its the heavy masculine job I have that this is normal locker room talk. Ive never worked in an office setting I know things are different in the office Politically correct settings.

And again the question was Hypothetical I was not speaking about his wife specifically. Nor yours. or anyone for that matter That question is open to anyone if all things were the same and you know the answer to the number your spouse has been with would you prefer 50 or 5? The Question wast do you want to know or do you know. It was you DO know and what would you prefer.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The question was simple A or B answer. It was a hypothetical question would you prefer A or B if everything else was equal. Simple question really I prefer A. There is not C. I dont want to know answer. Kinda like do you like pizza or burgers. Yes you can like both but the question is which do you like better it requires a choice not an "I dont care".

And I wasnt calling you a lair. I understand in your real life you didnt care to even ask. Id guess because you know your wife and how she behaves and acts and was brought up yo already have some idea. Thats why the question was hypothetical

Also if a thread on the internet pisses you off you may need to step away from the computer and reevaluate your life

You can ask that someone answer A or B, but if neither is true, then refusing to say A or B isn't refusing to answer - it's refusing to lie. I swept my apartment the other day. Suppose I were to ask you whether you preferred that I had swept the kitchen first or the living room? The honest answer (unless you are a very strange individual) is that you don't give a damn what order I swept my apartment in. You've got your own life and I really doubt that you care about the details of how I clean my living space. If I accused you of evading the question because you didn't have a preference, you'd probably wonder what was wrong with me.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You can ask that someone answer A or B, but if neither is true, then refusing to say A or B isn't refusing to answer - it's refusing to lie. I swept my apartment the other day. Suppose I were to ask you whether you preferred that I had swept the kitchen first or the living room? The honest answer (unless you are a very strange individual) is that you don't give a damn what order I swept my apartment in. You've got your own life and I really doubt that you care about the details of how I clean my living space. If I accused you of evading the question because you didn't have a preference, you'd probably wonder what was wrong with me.
Ok so you wont answer the question I guess there is nothing left to discuss I can only assume the answer is 5 but that goes against your PC belief that "it doesnt matter" so you wont answer. Good Day sir

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok so you wont answer the question I guess there is nothing left to discuss

I did answer the question, repeatedly. I just didn't answer it the way you wanted me to.

Here's a question for you. Which is Hulk Hogan - is he a) a woman or b) a midget? Please bear in mind that the only two acceptable answers are a or b.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I did answer the question, repeatedly. I just didn't answer it the way you wanted me to.

Here's a question for you. Which is Hulk Hogan - is he a) a woman or b) a midget? Please bear in mind that the only two acceptable answers are a or b.

B. duh
younghulk.jpg

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How about getting back to the topic folks, and dropping the heat a few notches? K? Thanks.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
It's called a false dilemma, Ballen.

For what it's worth, I have always thought that the guys who want an inexperienced woman are the guys who are insecure and afraid of comparison.

Personally, I have always preferred women who know what they're doing. But, frankly, I married my wife because she's my favorite person in the world, and her sexual history was irrelevant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hard to see what your saying here I think the quote button got away from you.
As to what type of people I surround myself with Id say normal everyday people. When someone sleeps around people notice and comment. There is a female officer where I work that has had sex with at least 10 other officers. People call her names all the time, nasty, slut, gross, come to mind. To be fair the same is said about the guys as well. Maybe its the heavy masculine job I have that this is normal locker room talk. Ive never worked in an office setting I know things are different in the office Politically correct settings.

And again the question was Hypothetical I was not speaking about his wife specifically. Nor yours. or anyone for that matter That question is open to anyone if all things were the same and you know the answer to the number your spouse has been with would you prefer 50 or 5? The Question wast do you want to know or do you know. It was you DO know and what would you prefer.

So it's safe to say your wife was a virgin when you married her? And you as well?

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's called a false dilemma, Ballen.
Not a false dilemma at all just a simple question and not a hard one unless you cant be intellectually honest because it goes against your position
For what it's worth, I have always thought that the guys who want an inexperienced woman are the guys who are insecure and afraid of comparison.

Personally, I have always preferred women who know what they're doing. But, frankly, I married my wife because she's my favorite person in the world, and her sexual history was irrelevant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Has nothing to do with experienced partner or not and everything to do with Risky behavior. Someone that sleeps with say 40 or 50 people by the time they are say 30 #1 have a higher risk of having something I dont want and #2 If someones sleeping around that much there is something mentally or emotionally troubling that person

Im not sure why your trying to pretend that type of behavior is normal and safe because its neither

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Not a false dilemma at all just a simple question and not a hard one unless you cant be intellectually honest because it goes against your position
no. It's the very definition of a false dilemma. That's not opinion. It is a fact that your question was a false dilemma.
Has nothing to do with experienced partner or not and everything to do with Risky behavior. Someone that sleeps with say 40 or 50 people by the time they are say 30 #1 have a higher risk of having something I dont want and #2 If someones sleeping around that much there is something mentally or emotionally troubling that person

Im not sure why your trying to pretend that type of behavior is normal and safe because its neither
I'm not sure how we got to 40 or 50 partners. You have a knack for extremism.

So, let's say a guy has had sex with 50 women. Unweddable? Mentally unstable?

Personally, I think its case by case. I can see a guy being mentally unstable. I can also, just as easily, imagine a guy who's had sex with one person who is mentally unstable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
No not at all I never once said anything about Virgins.

LOL, we were talking about people having premarital relations being used toothbrushes and chewed gum...

Which you turned in to ho to housewife.....

Apparently you didn't mind your wife wasn't pristine, neither did she care about your experience.
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

You are busted.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
The question in the OP is really about taking a real world look, instead of being unrealistic. The chances of keeping teenagers (some teenagers) from having sex is zero. What's the goal? Is the goal to keep some girls from reporting that they were raped because they feel dirty? Is the goal to ensure that some girls and boys won't use protection when (not if) they have sex? Is the goal to ensure that some of those girls and boys not only contract but knowingly or unknowingly spread STDs?

What an odd world some of the folks on this board live in.

Kids are stupid. All of them, even the ones brought up well. They are, each and every one of them, incomplete adults. Some of the more sanctimonious on these boards have even admitted to doing dumb things in their youth, but for whatever reason, fail to understand that they were lucky, not smart. Lucky they didn't get caught, or that they didn't get the girl pregnant, or lucky they didn't accidentally kill themselves or the friends they endangered. What is now, in their adult lives, a good story, is really a bad story they were lucky to have emerged from relatively unscathed.

I've got LOTS of those stories, and so, perhaps, I'm sympathetic. But, some of you who are the most holier than thou have hinted that you were stupid, too, and that you also did stupid things.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The question in the OP is really about taking a real world look, instead of being unrealistic. The chances of keeping teenagers (some teenagers) from having sex is zero. What's the goal? Is the goal to keep some girls from reporting that they were raped because they feel dirty? Is the goal to ensure that some girls and boys won't use protection when (not if) they have sex? Is the goal to ensure that some of those girls and boys not only contract but knowingly or unknowingly spread STDs?

What an odd world some of the folks on this board live in.

Kids are stupid. All of them, even the ones brought up well. They are, each and every one of them, incomplete adults. Some of the more sanctimonious on these boards have even admitted to doing dumb things in their youth, but for whatever reason, fail to understand that they were lucky, not smart. Lucky they didn't get caught, or that they didn't get the girl pregnant, or lucky they didn't accidentally kill themselves or the friends they endangered. What is now, in their adult lives, a good story, is really a bad story they were lucky to have emerged from relatively unscathed.

I've got LOTS of those stories, and so, perhaps, I'm sympathetic. But, some of you who are the most holier than thou have hinted that you were stupid, too, and that you also did stupid things.

I only see one person here playing the "holier than thou" card. I may have missed something.
I'm not talking about you,Steve. I think you know who I'm referring to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.