How Many Olympic Coaches?

RSweet

Blue Belt
Reaction score
We know Jean and Juan and I hear that there is also Eui Lee, the newly appointed Alternate Assistant Coach who will get a month long vacation in London like Kevin Padilla did in 2008. Not sure how this one came about, probably the same way Kevin was selected.

and then there is the new 2012 US Olympic Head Coach - Master Ha!

http://www.tgtkd.com/

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
We know Jean and Juan and I hear that there is also Eui Lee, the newly appointed Alternate Assistant Coach who will get a month long vacation in London like Kevin Padilla did in 2008. Not sure how this one came about, probably the same way Kevin was selected.

and then there is the new 2012 US Olympic Head Coach - Master Ha!

http://www.tgtkd.com/
I'm a bit confused. First is this a "honorary" coach title that I have been hearing about? Second...it says he earned a gold medal in 1982 Olympics? There were no Olympics in 1982. Even if there were, TKD was not featured until 1988.

OP
R

RSweet

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I'm a bit confused. First is this a "honorary" coach title that I have been hearing about? Second...it says he earned a gold medal in 1982 Olympics? There were no Olympics in 1982. Even if there were, TKD was not featured until 1988.

I think he might be the Korean medallist in 1988 and 1992 and he typo'd. However, he is not USAT coach, was not sold an honorary USAT coach and he can't use the Olympic rings. We'll see how long before site is removed. USOC has been notified.

OP
R

RSweet

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Actually I don't. This one still claims that he is the 2012 US Olympic Tae Kwon Do Team Coach but he did remove all the Olympic rings. So I am now thinking this might be one of the honorary ones.

Then, the newly appointed Alternate Assistant Coach - Eui Lee - his website says he is the 2012 Olympic Coach. I do wonder the qualifications here considering past actions.

Then there is George Weissfisch, who was a USTU competitor until about 2000, then a coach at AAU (2003) and invisible practically, whose students are now congratulating him on being one of 4 Olympic Coaches. I even hear he is in Croatia with half the Olympic team and is probably going to London.

So if you see, I sure don't. 5 Olympic coaches - 4 athletes and 2 credentials?

msmitht

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Actually I don't. This one still claims that he is the 2012 US Olympic Tae Kwon Do Team Coach but he did remove all the Olympic rings. So I am now thinking this might be one of the honorary ones.

Then, the newly appointed Alternate Assistant Coach - Eui Lee - his website says he is the 2012 Olympic Coach. I do wonder the qualifications here considering past actions.

Then there is George Weissfisch, who was a USTU competitor until about 2000, then a coach at AAU (2003) and invisible practically, whose students are now congratulating him on being one of 4 Olympic Coaches. I even hear he is in Croatia with half the Olympic team and is probably going to London.

So if you see, I sure don't. 5 Olympic coaches - 4 athletes and 2 credentials?
Absolute bull$#1%!

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Why anyone does USAT I have no idea! I have been around to long to much BS!!!!!

OP
R

RSweet

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Colorado Springs, CO - USA Taekwondo is proud to announce the naming of five honorary team captains and co-captains for the 2012 USA Taekwondo Team. Individuals appointed to these honorary positions are as follows:
2012 USA Taekwondo Team Captain
Master Woo Sup Kim, Winton-Salem, N.C.
2012 USA Taekwondo Men's Team Captain
Master Tae Kung (Kevin) Ha
, Atlanta, Ga.
2012 USA Taekwondo Team Co-Captain
Master Johnny Kang, Walnut Creek, Calif.

2012 USA Taekwondo Women's Team Captain
Master Bong Kang, Tulsa, Okla.
2012 USA Taekwondo Team Co-Captain
Master Inseon Kim, Dallas, Tex.
As part of their appointment, the above individuals will be attending the 2012 Olympic Games in London, England, from August 5-12 in support of the U.S. Taekwondo Team.
Each captain has contributed to the building of Taekwondo in the United States with consistent support of USA Taekwondo and the development of elite level athletes.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
looks like they are trying to bring the Koreans back into it...

maybe they noticed since they ran off most of the Korean Masters when USAT started that they have been failing since. So this must be a way to let them BUY back in...

OP
R

RSweet

Blue Belt
Reaction score
3 of the 5 "with consistent support of USA Taekwondo and the development of elite level athletes" honorary captains are not USAT school members. 1 of the 5 became one in the last two weeks after Hal and I commented publicly he is not. They paid a bundle as I am told the cost was $20K each. Wonder if Eric knows about the Walking Around Money that used to accompany these kinds of transactions?

Latest Discussions