uniform for a Chuby

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sorry to bother you but in my country is not easy to find karategis or doboks for large people, so I will need to impor them to Mexico.

I'm a 6 feet tall 260 pounds chuby guy, can you tell me what is the right size for me on karategis and doboks?

Manny

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
most likely a 6 or 7 will fit, try Adidas or Nike they make some great ones for the big guy.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
lol, there are no easy fit uniforms. At least you got the hight to go with it! Otherwise, get the width and invest in somebody cutting sleeves and legs and put a hem on them!

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
Bold Look is what I sell to my students, but you are supposed to be an instructor to get uniforms from them.

Is it going to be a heavyweight, middleweight, or lightweight? The heavier the uniform the bigger the size you will need. I am guessing that you need a 7 or 8. I am 6'3" and weigh about 220-225 and I wear between a 6 and 7.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
An 8 will be rather long on you but you can hem or roll up the sleeves and legs. A 7 will not be large enough for your roundness so an 8 with alterations I would say. I am 6'2 and only 190 and a 7 is long on me, but fits right other wise.

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm a chuby man but I'm figthing this, I just did blood tests and colesterol and triglicerids are a little high so right now I'm on diet (precribed by a Doctor) and doing exercise. I have loose some pounds let me tell you! My dobok is a Mooto Extera size 210 (I guess 7) that I cut sleevs and legs to fit me, this dobok was the minimum acceptable because of my wide body, but now it's a little loose so I'm loosing weigth.

I would like to reach 210 lbs, the last time my doctor check my weight I was 270 lbs, we are talking about 60 lbs of overweight, it's not going to be easy, but right now I'm motivated. My wife is helping me doing me my meals as the doctor said and I'm trying to adhere to this meal regimen.

I can say I've been cutting by half my food intake and I'm not having any kinds of snacks, some times I feel fine some times I feel terrible cause I love to eat.

Manny

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm a chuby man but I'm figthing this, I just did blood tests and colesterol and triglicerids are a little high so right now I'm on diet (precribed by a Doctor) and doing exercise. I have loose some pounds let me tell you! My dobok is a Mooto Extera size 210 (I guess 7) that I cut sleevs and legs to fit me, this dobok was the minimum acceptable because of my wide body, but now it's a little loose so I'm loosing weigth.

I would like to reach 210 lbs, the last time my doctor check my weight I was 270 lbs, we are talking about 60 lbs of overweight, it's not going to be easy, but right now I'm motivated. My wife is helping me doing me my meals as the doctor said and I'm trying to adhere to this meal regimen.

I can say I've been cutting by half my food intake and I'm not having any kinds of snacks, some times I feel fine some times I feel terrible cause I love to eat.

Manny

shrinking out of the big size!! awesome!

CDKJudoka

Purple Belt
Reaction score
At 6'3" tall and now down to 225 lbs, I say get a size 7. I was at 260 lbs when I started again and a 7 fit nicely. I just had to hem the pants a little bit on my Vneck, where my Tokaido fits more like a traditional Karategi, with the hem being just above the ankle.

Dynamics make great uniforms and they are fairly cheap.

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Just to be sure, you are looking for a traditional Karate gi, right Manny? Have you decided to give that Shotokan school a try?

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just to be sure, you are looking for a traditional Karate gi, right Manny? Have you decided to give that Shotokan school a try?

Yes. I already have a Mooto Xtera dobok, and want a new uniform but this time a white karategi for he following reasons: a) Because I want a karetegi I like it more than a dobok, b) because I will use this karategi when my dobok is in the washing machine, c) because I will take karate lessons, or Aikido Lessons to round up my TKD.

Manny

Latest Discussions