UFC 217 In Game Thread

OP
CB Jones

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hell no unless the guys deaf then absoloutley it should've been a dq referee calls time other fighter stops he throws a kick which hurts him that's illegal so dq for him.

Meh...I still would have rather seen it called a No Contest.

Garbrandt should get a rematch....at some point....but might have to wait like Dillashaw and Cruz did/is for it.

I really hope they make the Mighty Mouse v. Dillashaw fight.

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score
Now I want to see gsp fight mcgregor. GSP would absolutely destroy him. Look at what Mendes did to mcgregor and gsp is way better, way bigger, way better conditioned and way smarter than Mendes

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score
Also for bisping there's some fun fights left. Doubt he'll make another title run at this stage of his career but with bisping you never know you can never count him out but maybe an Anderson silva rematch or an idea I've been thinking on the last few days maybe have a few fights at 205 again. I know he won't beat the elite of the division but I think he could have fun matches against guys like shogun, little nog hell even rampage if he's ever going to come back to the ufc.

I know he wants to fight in London so I think that'd be a good ending for his career get a good win in his home and walk away. He's got nothing more to prove if he gets one more win that's 40 fights and if he wins he's 32-8 or if he loses 31-9 either way that's a very respectable record for a guy fighting for 10 years in the ufc.

Also anyone who thinks bisping really is a jerk watch the end of this video he comes over and consoles garbarant while he's dealing with his own loss to gsp and gives him respect and tries to keep his spirits up. Even though they went back and forth a bit beforehand

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Meh...I still would have rather seen it called a No Contest.

Garbrandt should get a rematch....at some point....but might have to wait like Dillashaw and Cruz did/is for it.

I really hope they make the Mighty Mouse v. Dillashaw fight.

Dillashaw vs Cruz was a squeaker that could have been called either way, and Dillashaw(as unlikeable as he is) had to wait YEARS for another shot.

Meanwhile Cody got decisively finished, and he had held onto the belt for over a year without ever defending it. He should have to win a couple more before he gets another shot.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Also for bisping there's some fun fights left. Doubt he'll make another title run at this stage of his career but with bisping you never know you can never count him out but maybe an Anderson silva rematch or an idea I've been thinking on the last few days maybe have a few fights at 205 again. I know he won't beat the elite of the division but I think he could have fun matches against guys like shogun, little nog hell even rampage if he's ever going to come back to the ufc.

I know he wants to fight in London so I think that'd be a good ending for his career get a good win in his home and walk away. He's got nothing more to prove if he gets one more win that's 40 fights and if he wins he's 32-8 or if he loses 31-9 either way that's a very respectable record for a guy fighting for 10 years in the ufc.

Also anyone who thinks bisping really is a jerk watch the end of this video he comes over and consoles garbarant while he's dealing with his own loss to gsp and gives him respect and tries to keep his spirits up. Even though they went back and forth a bit beforehand

Bisping vs DC

I know, it sounds stupid to say, but I think they could build it into something.

OP
CB Jones

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Dillashaw vs Cruz was a squeaker that could have been called either way, and Dillashaw(as unlikeable as he is) had to wait YEARS for another shot.

Meanwhile Cody got decisively finished, and he had held onto the belt for over a year without ever defending it. He should have to win a couple more before he gets another shot.

Sure but Dillashaw was close to being KO'd in the first by Garbrandt and a rematch will sell PPVs.

I say have a PPV with Mighty Mouse v. Dillashaw with a co-main event with Garbrandt v. Cruz (winner gets fights Rematch with Dillashaw.)

And how bout Thug Rose.......Wow, she destroyed Joanna. I thought Joanna was waiting and backing away too much...should have come forward more and made Rose back up. Rose tee'd her up with that left hand.

The 3 KO's last KO's were nice.....but OSP KOing Anderson in the Prelims.....wow...best KO of the night.

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score
Sure but Dillashaw was close to being KO'd in the first by Garbrandt and a rematch will sell PPVs.

I say have a PPV with Mighty Mouse v. Dillashaw with a co-main event with Garbrandt v. Cruz (winner gets fights Rematch with Dillashaw.)

And how bout Thug Rose.......Wow, she destroyed Joanna. I thought Joanna was waiting and backing away too much...should have come forward more and made Rose back up. Rose tee'd her up with that left hand.

The 3 KO's last KO's were nice.....but OSP KOing Anderson in the Prelims.....wow...best KO of the night.
Honestly don't know why you think dillashaw and garbarant are huge sellers garbrant has never main evented and dillashaw has only done a couple which have never done great numbers neither are that big a draw at all

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score
Bisping vs DC

I know, it sounds stupid to say, but I think they could build it into something.
It could've happened bisping offered to fight him after jones got pulled at ufc 200. I don't think that fight would be very good to be honest. Cormier is a former heavyweight bisping would be a small light heavyweight bispings technical striking is better but he wouldn't have the power to put dc away and Cormier is tough and has good cardio he went a hard 5 rounds against Gustafson. Plus dc wrestling would be to much

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Like CB said a Dillashaw vs Mighty Mouse would be great. Cruz vs. Garbrandt getting the winner or just Dillashaw would be great. Like that train of thought.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Mad respect for both bisping and gsp both exciting very technical well rounded fighters. Bisping made it a damm good fight and gave as good as he got until it finished. Gsp is the best of the best no doubt at all.

Garbrant and dillashaw don't really like either of them both have crappy attitudes but dillashaw is obviously the better fighter.

Glad to see Thompson back in the win column I worked out at upstate karate and met him and his dad both great guys super humble and very talented still want Thompson to get that title he deserves it.

It's funny johnny Hendricks hasn't shut up about gsp since the fight and he's had 3 fights at middleweight and lost 2 and gsp has 1 and is already champion. Only reason Hendricks did well against him (still lost in my eyes) is because he was drugged up it's always so satisfying to see him lose.

OP
CB Jones

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Mad respect for both bisping and gsp both exciting very technical well rounded fighters. Bisping made it a damm good fight and gave as good as he got until it finished. Gsp is the best of the best no doubt at all.

Agree

Garbrant and dillashaw don't really like either of them both have crappy attitudes but dillashaw is obviously the better fighter.

Agree on the attitudes.....I think they are pretty even...they could probably fight 10 times and split them with 5 a piece.

Glad to see Thompson back in the win column I worked out at upstate karate and met him and his dad both great guys super humble and very talented still want Thompson to get that title he deserves it.

Yeah I like Thompson....in his interview you could tell he is a nice guy. My son really enjoyed that fight because he could see Thompson doing some things combination and moving wise that he is trying to incorporate in his style.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Rose is about the hardest chick puncher I have seen.

She has bricks on the end of her hands.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah I like Thompson....in his interview you could tell he is a nice guy. My son really enjoyed that fight because he could see Thompson doing some things combination and moving wise that he is trying to incorporate in his style.

Thompson was the one who moved like a krotty guy? Sideways stance and all?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
What a great fight card, so much fun to watch.

OP
CB Jones

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah. here is a breakdown. I mean he fights like a point fighter.

Pretty cool I'll make sure to show my son. He is working on a lot of the same stuff.

He sets up behind the sidekick or front roundhouse depending if his hips are open or closed.

He is also working on shuffling or sliding to the left or right as he comes in like wonderboy.

He has a pretty wicked combo from southpaw stance of lead straight left(reverse punch) to solar plexus...slide right to outside of opponents lead foot and throw right jab/hook to head....roundhouse kick to midsection and into orthodox stance....slide left....left hook to head....straight right (reverse punch) to head or body....then exit and reset.

He has been working on that and some other combos at the dojo during continuous sparring and at home against me (the moving punching bag) but hasn't pulled the trigger on it at a tournament yet.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
It could've happened bisping offered to fight him after jones got pulled at ufc 200. I don't think that fight would be very good to be honest. Cormier is a former heavyweight bisping would be a small light heavyweight bispings technical striking is better but he wouldn't have the power to put dc away and Cormier is tough and has good cardio he went a hard 5 rounds against Gustafson. Plus dc wrestling would be to much
Bisping is something like 10-0 at HEAVYWEIGHT. He can pull off lhw np.

Latest Discussions