UFC 217 In Game Thread

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
In last night's card, Cowboy Cerone beat Yancy Medeiros via TKO in the last seconds of the first round.

I've never seen two fighters respect and like each other as much as these two guys did.
After the fight, when they were hugging, Cowboy pointed out somebody in the first row. It was Cowboy's grandmother. Here in Hawaii, where Medeiros is from, Grandmothers are a very big deal, huge. The Hawaiian term for Grandmother is Tutu.

So, when Cowboy pointed out his Tutu, Medeiros leaped over the cage, went down and gave her a long hug, they spoke a bit, and hugged again.

It was pretty damn cool. I didn't think I could like either fighter more than I already did....but I do.
cleardot.gif

OP
CB Jones

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
In last night's card, Cowboy Cerone beat Yancy Medeiros via TKO in the last seconds of the first round.

I've never seen two fighters respect and like each other as much as these two guys did.
After the fight, when they were hugging, Cowboy pointed out somebody in the first row. It was Cowboy's grandmother. Here in Hawaii, where Medeiros is from, Grandmothers are a very big deal, huge. The Hawaiian term for Grandmother is Tutu.

So, when Cowboy pointed out his Tutu, Medeiros leaped over the cage, went down and gave her a long hug, they spoke a bit, and hugged again.

It was pretty damn cool. I didn't think I could like either fighter more than I already did....but I do.
cleardot.gif

Can't believe we missed it. That's pretty cool.

Cowboy is one of our favorite fighters.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score

cleardot.gif
Cerones a good guy, not the best or anything but he's a very tough guy with great skills. He'll never be the champ but he's still easily one of the toughest guys and funnest to watch and is always respectful and honest.

Yancy well I've never heard of him before this. Nothing against him just not a guy I'd ever seen but seems like a good guy to

Latest Discussions