UFC 217 In Game Thread

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Beautiful Head kick KO of Corey Anderson by OSP...that was beautiful and nasty all wrapped up together.

OP
CB Jones

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not sure about the Walt Harris DQ...I thought it should have been ruled a No Contest or let them keep fighting.

OP
CB Jones

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Vick v. Duffy should be a fun fight to watch...Little Surprised OSP v. Anderson wasn't the Prelims main event though.

OP
CB Jones

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
AND IT'S TIME!

I like this card....I'm pumped!

OP
CB Jones

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Time for Big Rig to hang it up.

He is not a middleweight....and can't/won't make welterweight.

OP
CB Jones

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
GSP pulls it off!!!!

That choke was deep!

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score
Respect to gsp the best ever mcgregors name shouldn't be anywhere near GSP. Also respect to bisping he was doing very well in that fight even on the bottom he was more active and still showed how tough he is got knocked down but tried to get straight back up.

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score
Garbarant showing he has 0 class saying he is the better fighter and deserves a rematch...no you don't buddy you got knocked out so until you prove it in the cage you're not the better fighter.

Also the amount of trash people are talking on bisping makes me sick. Post fight the guys been nothing but respectful about gsp as always. He's not made a single excuse he's not moaned about anything he's been honest and humble about it. His trash talk is to fire up himself and the crowd which he's admitted to be the case. People saying he's the worst champion ever...um no where near. He defended his title in a fight of the night war. Had 2 fights trying to defend. Fighters like mcgregor or GDR didnt even have one and guys like rockhold, Serra, griffin, rashad, shogun, garbarant didn't even win one title defence. People saying oh he ducked the top guys...no he didn't he never got asked to fight other people they gave him Henderson he accepted they gave him gsp he accepted.

Also glad Stephen Thompson got the win.

Also got mad respect for gsp no one else has ever taken 4 years off and come back like that. I don't care if he chooses to retire now he's proven that he's the very best ever he has nothing more to prove would beating Whittaker really add anything to his legacy.

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score
Not sure about the Walt Harris DQ...I thought it should have been ruled a No Contest or let them keep fighting.
Hell no unless the guys deaf then absoloutley it should've been a dq referee calls time other fighter stops he throws a kick which hurts him that's illegal so dq for him.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
All the good guys won tonight. :)

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

The Dr called a stop for the head kick not the but shot.

I went to a fight a week ago where a guy threw two nut shots and then kneed the guy on the deck a couple of times. And still won with a submission.

There has to be a consequence for that sort of thing.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Respect to gsp the best ever mcgregors name shouldn't be anywhere near GSP. Also respect to bisping he was doing very well in that fight even on the bottom he was more active and still showed how tough he is got knocked down but tried to get straight back up.

Whittaker is going to towel him up though

Latest Discussions