are people getting tired of 'call out fights'

Finlay

Green Belt
Reaction score
So I heard that GSP vs Bisping isn't selling well.

There is a theory that the sale's will pick up in the last week. However, could it be also a sign that the fans are getting tired of 'calls outs' or 'superfights' if they happen all the time they are not really superfights they are just fights

Or

Is it just GSP vs Bisping. A retired legend vs someone that a lot of people don't really like and appears to be running from top challengers

Or

Did Conor stretch the superfights thing to the limit with the Mayweather fight. so this match up looks weak by comparison.

I know that I was interstellar in the DC vs Jones fight. But was that a legit title fight?

Had Jones gone on to fight Lesner, yup I would have been interested

The fights I really want to see are

McGregor - Ferguson
Bisping - Romero (if this is possible)

Anarax

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
There is a theory that the sale's will pick up in the last week. However, could it be also a sign that the fans are getting tired of 'calls outs' or 'superfights' if they happen all the time they are not really superfights they are just fights
Not sure about that one, it's possible though. I think the UFC use to approach fight match ups through the eyes of fans. Now they are only about the money and have lost touch with their audience.
Is it just GSP vs Bisping. A retired legend vs someone that a lot of people don't really like and appears to be running from top challengers
I agree, I don't see the appeal of GSP Vs Bisping. I think the UFC thought that GSP's return fight would bring in a lot of money, I guess they're realizing their estimations were off
Did Conor stretch the superfights thing to the limit with the Mayweather fight. so this match up looks weak by comparison.
I think the Conor May fight was a huge financial success. However; I don't think it is having any impact in the GSP Bisping fight.
I know that I was interstellar in the DC vs Jones fight. But was that a legit title fight?
I don't understand the meaning of your question. Was it legit as far as Jones doping? No, him doping brings it all into question.
Had Jones gone on to fight Lesner, yup I would have been interested
Honestly, I felt the same way towards that match up as I did the GSP Bisping. That's just me though.

Overall I think the UFC has declined immensely in the past years. So many of the fighters fight the same way, a lot of them train at the same gyms. The respect, honor and humility aspect of Martial Arts isn't there with most of the new fighters now. I was a huge MMA fan, now I prefer Glory Kickboxing

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score
First who did you hear that off? Joe rogan that guy is a pro in bs especially on his podcast where he's high as a kite so I wouldn't put much weight on that.

Anyway I think that's an outstanding fight way better than the mcgregor mayweather rubbish. Both are highly technical fighters with great conditioning and both are very well rounded. Plus there's the intrigue of how gsp will do at middleweight and after a long layoff. I'm very much excited for that fight

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score
Plus bisping had signed to fight the winner of Romero and Whittaker and was meant to coach tuf against them but Whittaker turned it down due to Injury so they made this fight instead so bisping could fight someone and since Romero just lost as did jacare there was no one else who deserved it

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score
Running from top challengers by fighting one of the greatest ever?
Yep got to love that logic....same with the dan Henderson fight people were saying it was an easy fight for bisping but that was a high risk low reward fight for bisping, he fought a guy who'd already knocked him out badly and even if he did win he wouldn't get respect and now it's the same. If he wins it's because gsp is old and if he loses he gets hate for losing to a welterweight

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
I wonder if a lot of it is people don't trust that the Card the UFC advertises will be the same card shown come fight time.

They have had a bad run of fighters pulling out for reasons causing a lot of people to wait as long as possible before buying it.

Reedone816

Blue Belt
Reaction score
It just they promote it wrong, they choose the wrong city for press conference from what i heard.
And it should be for ww belt, but after she stink in last ww belt fight, it was cancelled.

Sent from my BV8000Pro using Tapatalk

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
While I am looking forward to this weekend's fights and expect there will be some really good ones. I am with you wanting to see the McGregor vs. Ferguson fight. That is the one on the horizon that should be simply awesome if they can pull it off.

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
Bisping is not really a fan favorite. GSP has been out of the sport for so long that only long time fans really know who he is.

I'm a long time fan and I'm not excited about this fight. To me, it has the same feel as when the UFC tried to bring in Gina Carano to fight Rousey. The fight has no relevance and they are just trying to push a win for their champ to gain support and a fan base. Has nothing to do with their top fighters fighting the other top fighters.

Reedone816

Blue Belt
Reaction score
For the fight mcg vs tferg at the end of the year will be good, but have a doubt since mcg put a term of no media obligation if ufc want him to fight this year...
It stink really to have ppv busts all in 2017, oversaturation or mishandling promotion?

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
For me the Garbrandt v. Dillashaw and Joanna v. Rose fights are better than Bisping v. GSP.

Probably buy it for those two fights.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
I really like Joanna....she is a mean lil *****.

I'm hoping Cody wins but that fight could go either way....it's the best draw on this card.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Joanna Champion by decision

Garbrant by TKO

St.Pierre by decision.

Heard it here first.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Joanna by TKO

Garbrandt by split decision

Bisping by late round KO

Reedone816

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Joanna anonymous dec.
Tj dec., Factoring the tam head coach issue to be true.
Gsp split dec., Based on the strongest testimony by chael sonnen...

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score
Joanna anonymous dec.
Tj dec., Factoring the tam head coach issue to be true.
Gsp split dec., Based on the strongest testimony by chael sonnen...

You really going to listen anything chael sonnen says?

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score
Honestly I don't have any interest in the dillashaw fight those 2 are just acting like total babies. Garbarant acting like a jealous ex all because he left a gym and dillashaw just seems like a jerk which has been obvious since tuf and the fact he caused his team mate to retire because he kneed him in the head on the ground

Latest Discussions