Tyson/Lewis?

OP
T

tonbo

I think that Tyson is a sideshow attraction at this point. He WAS once a great fighter, but has destroyed himself too far to be viable anymore.

My feeling is that Tyson was put back in the ring to generate some income. He is in debt to a lot of people, most of whom are fight promoters and fight affiliates, from what I understand. Thus, to get their money out of him, they pretty much *had* to put him in the ring.

The "old" Tyson was a terror in the ring. The Tyson that has been around for the last few years is just terrible, and is past his moment. I don't think anyone is scared of him anymore, and he is quickly on his way to being a "has-been". He should just shut up and pack up.......he should quit while he is even somewhat ahead.

And yeah, he really got put in his place.

Peace--

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
However he does fill seats........ for whatever reason!! I just hope that his "good behavior" stays and he regains his reign of terror and entertains us again....... but I feel he may be a smoking gun that just ran out of ammo.

:shrug:

Baoquan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Gou, really.....

Tyson was "justified" in biting Holyfield's ear off? How? Because he was getting beaten? He came out TWICE without a mouthgard in order to bite Evander, and get disqualified before Evander beat him AGAIN.

Lewis v Holyfield would have been a good fight, with a Holyfield of 10 years ago. I would put money on Evander then, but he's too old now, especially considering the heart problems the man has.

Lewis showed a lot more boxing skill in this fight - he totally outclassed Tyson - althought the incredible hieght and reach advantages didn't hurt. He's definately progressed from the one-punch fighter he was when he gained his first title.

I'd really like to see Roy Jones Jnr pack on a few, and step up to heavyweight. He is, IMHO, the best boxer on the planet.

OP
F

fanged_seamus

It's seems to me that the reason Tyson generates so much money for boxing is the possibility the once-great fighter might utterly self destruct on camera. Nowadays, watching Tyson is like watching an episode of Jerry Springer or Temptation Island -- you never know when the people you are watching (Tyson in this case) will have a total meltdown.
:flammad:

ANYTHING involving Tyson is a freakin' sideshow now. He's an utter disgrace to the sport. I'm sure the only reason Lewis even accepted the fight with Tyson was to put to rest the constant claims he is undeserving of his title.

The only redeeming thing about the fight was the fact that Tyson appeared to be a gracious loser this time around. It was a surprisingly lucid and mature action for him....

Of course, I'd never say any of this to Tyson's face....:p

Tad

OP
K

Kirk

Originally posted by Baoquan

Gou, really.....

Tyson was "justified" in biting Holyfield's ear off? How? Because he was getting beaten? He came out TWICE without a mouthgard in order to bite Evander, and get disqualified before Evander beat him AGAIN.

Remember, Evander suddenly had a habit of hitting below the
belt in that fight. I think both were scared. Not justifying Tyson's
actions .. just saying he didn't just go mental and for s&g's decide
to bite Holyfield's ear off. He got tired of his sack being used as
a punch bag.

OP
G

GouRonin

Gou, really.....

Totally. Holyfield not only decided to use Tyson's nutz as a speed bag repeatedly he also kept headbutting Tyson repeatedly. If you look at the damage that these headbutts caused Hasim Rahman this past week you'd understand. (the lump from th hematoma is so big that it was the size of a baseball and Rahman will need surgury to remove it which means he'll be OUT of boxing for a while) These are potentially career ending attacks. Tyson himself said that he was worried that these headbutts would cripple him. He does have kids to feed and even if you don't like it he is entitled to earn a living. So yeah, if some guy was headbutting me, punching me in the nutz, and the ref did nothing about it you have two choices. 1)Quit and walk out of the ring. But then, who is gonna have you back to fight? Look at Golota. No one even wants to see him fight because he's seen as a quitter. 2)Leave enough damage that the guy thinks twice and leaves you in a position that you are still a viable fighter in people's eyes.

Biting happens all the time. You just never heard about it until this high profile fight. Tyson never "came out" without his mouthpiece. He spit it out, proving that it wasn't premeditated. if biting was so unheard of why didn't Holyfield run away?

Please. Don't come talking trash until you've been in the junkyard. I don't come down to where you work out and rock the slurpee machine, don't come down to where I work out and say stuff you're not sure about.

Lewis v Holyfield would have been a good fight, with a Holyfield of 10 years ago. I would put money on Evander then, but he's too old now, especially considering the heart problems the man has.

Evander is all Lewis has left to cement himself into the league of "greats" which tells you how sad this division is. It was Lewis' only really competitive fight in a while except Mercer as far as many see. Lewis has no "wars" like many of the greats have had.

As far as Holyfield's heart? Please. The guy claimed he prayed to God and God healed his heart murmer so he could keep on fighting. I think Holyfield is just one tough mofo. That and he screws any woman within 5 feet and is too stupid to wear a condom.

Lewis showed a lot more boxing skill in this fight - he totally outclassed Tyson - althought the incredible hieght and reach advantages didn't hurt. He's definately progressed from the one-punch fighter he was when he gained his first title.

TOTALLY! I so agree with you! Lewis has gained some skills and he's using them. He's good for the division in the fact that he wants to bring boxing back to boxing.

I'd really like to see Roy Jones Jnr pack on a few, and step up to heavyweight. He is, IMHO, the best boxer on the planet.

I would also agree. Except that he runs his mouth off then is never there to back it up. RJJ, if you're so good, go find these guys to prove it. Stop fighting policemen, and garbage men who box in the off time. You're making a fool out of them but yourself too. You're too good for that. Stop yelling at Hopkins about 6 million and why he won't take it because he's a punk.. The conditions you put in place to fight are reeeeedeeeculas! Get off your *** and go to Germany and fight Darius. But neither of these two guys will fight off their own soil so really, if history sees them as guys who were great but never had the chance to prove it then it's their own tough titties.

It's not RJJ's total fault though. There just is no one at light heavyweight for him to fight. NO one! I mean that. I can't even think of a name other than Hopkins. The lower weights either have to come up he RJJ goes down and why should RJJ go down? If he wants to really test his mettle then he should go up to heavy and see what he can do. But overall, he is probably the best boxer P4P in the world.

Jeez, now I'm all worked up.
:rolleyes:

Les

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Seig

Don't tell him that. If you are referring to the biblical Sampson, he was my hero. I like to remiond people that he slew 40 with the jaw bone of an ***!

My hero in the Bible is Moses.

It says he tied his *** to a tree and walked to Jeurasalem.

Les

Les

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Seig

True, but how long was he lost in the desert?

Well, I guess he forgot his GPS was attached to the donkey.

I never understood why he never made more use of his motorbike.

"The roar of Moses' Triumph could be heard throughout the city"

A good British bike too.

OP
K

Kirk

Originally posted by Les

Well, I guess he forgot his GPS was attached to the donkey.

I never understood why he never made more use of his motorbike.

"The roar of Moses' Triumph could be heard throughout the city"

A good British bike too.

ROFL Les! You're too much! hahaha!

My hero is Joseph. ... Mary rode Joseph's ***, all the way into
Bethlehem. When they got there, he still had the fortitude and
stamina to deliver the savior (talk about pressure) after first
begging for a room, then setting up some semblance of a delivery
room out of a room full of animal poop.

Les

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kirk

My hero is Joseph. ... Mary rode Joseph's ***, all the way into
Bethlehem. When they got there, he still had the fortitude and
stamina to deliver the savior (talk about pressure) after first
begging for a room, then setting up some semblance of a delivery
room out of a room full of animal poop.

Many years ago, a Jewish lady named Mrs. Rosenberg was stranded late one night at a fashionable resort on Cape Cod --one that did not admit Jews.

The desk clerk looked down at his book and said, "Sorry, no room. The hotel is full."

The Jewish lady said, "But your sign says that you have vacancies."
The desk clerk stammered and then said curtly, "You know that we do not admit Jews. Now if you will try the other side of town..."

Mrs. Rosenberg stiffened noticeably and said, "I'll have you know, I converted to your religion."
The desk clerk said, "Oh, yeah, let me give you a little test.

How was Jesus born?" Mrs. Rosenberg replied, "He was born to a virgin named Mary in a little town called Bethlehem."

"Very good," replied the hotel clerk. "Tell me more."
Mrs. Rosenberg replied, "He was born in a manger."
"That's right," said the hotel clerk. "And why was he born in a manger?"

Mrs. Rosenberg said loudly, "Because a jerk like you in the hotel
wouldn't give a Jewish lady a room for the night!"

OP
K

Kirk

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Beautiful!

OP
T

tonbo

Love those stories. Those are awesome.....:)

:rofl: :rofl:

Peace--

AvPKenpo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Goldendragon7

Wow...... that tree must have slowed him down!

:rofl:

That's great.

Michael

Latest Discussions