Tyson/Lewis?

donald

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Seig

For those of us not firtunate to have seen the fight or any of the highlights, wuld oneof you fine gentlemen please post a recap?

For some reason I wanted to see Tyson win this one? He acted like he did'nt want to win! It seems to me like the fire is out... Did anyone else get that from watching him lose like he did?

Salute:confused:

ikenpo

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by donald

For some reason I wanted to see Tyson win this one? He acted like he did'nt want to win! It seems to me like the fire is out... Did anyone else get that from watching him lose like he did?

Salute:confused:

Around 7 or 8 I think I heard him say, "I can't do it..." or something like that and his corner tried to pump up and build his confidence back a little. They needed to be cussing him out Emanual Stewart was doing Lennox Lewis...That might have got some of that fire back...

Man, I wonder what Emanual Stewart's house looks like...

jb

Les

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Sorry, I can't resist this any longer!

Q: Whats the link between Mike Tyson and Michael Jackson?

A: They both wear gloves for no apparent reason:rofl:

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't know about Mike, but........... you gotta think something is funny with a guy going around the courntry singing "Beat It" wearing one white glove! sheesh.......
:rofl:

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Goldendragon7

:confused:

I am pretty sure I read Tyson got $17Million.
I think Lewis got $20Million.

They may have both earned $20Million.

Oops. I didn't see the previous posts on P2. Sorry.

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV

I don't know about Mike, but........... you gotta think something is funny with a guy going around the courntry singing "Beat It" wearing one white glove! sheesh.......
What's even funnier is the same guy singing "I'm Bad"

OP
G

GouRonin

Give me 50 million and a 18 months to get back in shape..... and the fight is on!!!!!!!!!!

18 months? EIGHTEEN?!?!

OP
T

tonbo

....the first time I saw the video for "Bad", I just about laughed myself into a coma. Something about that high-pitched voice screaming out, "You ain't bad....you ain't NOTHIN'!" that just made the moment too good to be serious.

Yeah, like Michael Jackson scares *anybody*.....even dressed in that "butch" leather outfit.

Face it (no pun intended).....he couldn't ever get in a real fight....he'd crack all that plastic surgery......and "bad"? No. "Worst"? Yes.

Peace--

OP
G

GouRonin

I'll be your partner. You'd drop all the weight just chasing me. I'm sure I can be that annoying to keep you interested in chasing me.

OP
S

Sandor

Now that the fight is over and we have established the fact that Lewis took Tyson to school...

Do you folks think this fight was what boxing needed to have happen to bring some dignity back into the sport?

Peace,
Sandor

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think the fact that they even allowed Tyson to fight again speaks for the LACK of dignity. I'm sorry, but if someone bites someone else's ear off, he shouldn't be fighting anymore. The man is insane.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nightingale,
I agree with you 100%. He should have been banned a long time ago. My personal opinion is he only got the license to box was for increased revenue wherever he fought. Once again that is my own opinion. There's no way that he should be allowed back into the ring to fight at all.
Salute,
Jason Farnsworth

OP
S

Sandor

Originally posted by nightingale8472

I think the fact that they even allowed Tyson to fight again speaks for the LACK of dignity. I'm sorry, but if someone bites someone else's ear off, he shouldn't be fighting anymore. The man is insane.

See, this is exactly the dilema I've had with him getting a license to box again in the first place. I don't think we'll be seeing too many more Tyson fights in the future; two perhaps three tops. He really quit, gave up in those last rounds and that is not going to get him any more high paying jobs. Crowds don't want that. They want hungry competitors who would rather be KO'd than admit defeat between rounds.

Peace,
Sandor

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I didn't see the fight, but its nice to know someone finally put him in his place.

OP
G

GouRonin

Biting happens quite a lot actually. It's usually on the top of the shoulder on the traps muscle and with the mouthguard in. The fight with Holyfield was not good and I think Tyson was extremely justified in biting him. Just look at Hasim Rahman head from last weeks fight.

There is nothing left in the HW division right now. As far as I see it Ray Mercer was the last time Lewis had any challenge. Holyfield was the last competitive fight he had as well. Lewis needs to fight Holyfield if he wants a good rivalry under his belt with a few "wars" to cement his place in history or be lost in the annals of boring fighters.

Tua is a lot like Tyson but when he fought Lewis he just chased him around the ring and lost. He only fights forward or backwards in a straight line. Who else is there? Grant? Nope, he was a bust. Botha? A journeyman but not a champ. Huggin' Henry Akinwande? Puh-leeze. Chris Byrd? No, doesn't have it in him to be a champ. Rahman? No way, he was a one punch wonder. Good for the division but not repeatable champ material. McCall? Uh-uh...he still needs emotional therapy and has a drug problem. Golota? No way, a quitter just like Shannon Briggs. Neither has any heart. Klitschko might be a good fight but who the $#@% cares about that guy? No one, that's who. If Lewis fought him the payday would be enough to maybe buy them both natchos and a slurpee at 7-11. The young guys like McCline, Whitaker, and Johnson (A good Canadian boy) don't have the ring experience and would be eaten alive. Then you have a whole list of guys who need to retire like Vaughn Bean.

The heavyweight division is a hole right now. Nothing good at heavyweight or light heavyweight to see. All the good fights are below that and the general public is too dumb to understand anything below light heavy.

As for Tyson not fighting again, that's cr@p. His good behavior this last fight assures that others will be ready to take him on as a partner now wheras before they were hesitant.