Top 5 Deadliest Martial Arts in the World

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Come on, Chris. It was a joke. TamesD mentioned authentic jujutsu, clearly giving me a hard time about the recent unpleasantness. I acknowledged it in what I hope was lighthearted, good humor. I think he took it as such. And I asked you before to please stop personally attacking me. You seem to think im fair game, and that the rules don't apply to you.

regarding the thread, even Irene noted that the OP is funny. Yes, you've mucked it up and if you keep going, you're going to get it locked.

Last edited:

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My only problem with the JKD representation in the clip was the Bruce Lee footage. I wish they would have shown some of the JKD Masters instead of Lee's unrealistic movie clips.
They should have shown Bad Boys like Vunak, Kent, Tacket, Wong and even Inosanto.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
That said… it's idiocy. There are 5 arts chosen (Shotokan, JKD, Sanshou, Krav Maga, Kyokushinkai), however none of them are even "deadly" in the first place, let alone "the deadliest"… Krav Maga would be the closest, with it's military context and background.

I believe the whole thing is silly, but for the record, there is a Police/MIlitary version of Sanshou, which was not shown, that looks rather different, and is the one I trained..... so see... I"m a DANGEROUS Man....especially to trees

AVI

White Belt
Reaction score
My only problem with the JKD representation in the clip was the Bruce Lee footage. I wish they would have shown some of the JKD Masters instead of Lee's unrealistic movie clips.
They should have shown Bad Boys like Vunak, Kent, Tacket, Wong and even Inosanto.
wooo... easy there... not only bruce lee movies, actually all movie fight scenes are unrealistic.Please keep Bruce"s name out

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
wooo... easy there... not only bruce lee movies, actually all movie fight scenes are unrealistic.Please keep Bruce"s name out

Yes but lees movies were In this clip that's why he said it that he wished it'd been real JKD not fake movies. Sorry are we not allowed to take The Lord Bruce lees name in vain lol

AVI

White Belt
Reaction score
Yes but lees movies were In this clip that's why he said it that he wished it'd been real JKD not fake movies. Sorry are we not allowed to take The Lord Bruce lees name in vain lol
I am really sensitive about BRUCE LEE... ;)

Midnight-shadow

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
If we're talking about deadly Martial Arts, I'd like to put Suri stick fighting on the table:

skip to 7:38 for the actual fighting, it is brutal.

Juany118

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think hema is out because who carries a sword?

Jujutsu is out because white dudes with pony tales...

I think gun fu is deadliest.

Just as point of order HEMA actually has extensive grappling techniques. A friend of mine is very much into HEMA (competes as well). We have actually been talking about trying to get a HEMA vs FMA demonstration of some sort together. The main thing is how to make it realistic in terms of equipment so we can have the differences related to weapons lengths (FMA swords tend to be shorter) and such demonstrated. The armor and thus weapon materials being the ?? We are speaking about.

Last edited:

Juany118

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am really sensitive about Robert the Bruce. So, I completely understand.

I'm also baffled that no one has yet mentioned Ameri-to-de

Because it goes without saying...

Juany118

Senior Master
Reaction score

Actually they have been getting better. Some of the Bourne fight scenes are actually not that far off from how two expertly trained fighters would work. Example, a good 80% of the below scene (after the fight really starts) is not unrealistic (barring the shakey cam). The only thing I thought really off was the "flip" out of the wrist lock. Everything else though, not too far off. But then again we are talking about 40 years after Lee's movies, people expect more.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nothing against Lee. But the movie clips they show in the OP is not my JKD.

AVI

White Belt
Reaction score
Actually they have been getting better. Some of the Bourne fight scenes are actually not that far off from how two expertly trained fighters would work. Example, a good 80% of the below scene (after the fight really starts) is not unrealistic (barring the shakey cam). The only thing I thought really off was the "flip" out of the wrist lock. Everything else though, not too far off. But then again we are talking about 40 years after Lee's movies, people expect more.

Its Lee, who made martial arts movies more approached... well, its a matter of personal choice as well, I personaly love bruce's movies.Other movies are fancy but i do not find them realistic... in all bruce lee movies, i found the explotion of ennergy and power... to me they are the best.Well, of course after 40 years, if bruce was still here he would have choreographed best fight scenes

Juany118

Senior Master
Reaction score
Its Lee, who made martial arts movies more approached... well, its a matter of personal choice as well, I personaly love bruce's movies.Other movies are fancy but i do not find them realistic... in all bruce lee movies, i found the explotion of ennergy and power... to me they are the best.Well, of course after 40 years, if bruce was still here he would have choreographed best fight scenes

I actually didn't find Lee's realistic. Heck he said they weren't realistic, they were about looking good on camera first and foremost. Most movies still go that way but Taken, Bourne and the Equalizer have gone out of their way to look realistic.

Latest Discussions