TKD newbie

epi-do

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hello to all. I live near Indianapolis and have just recently started learning TKD at my son's request. He is 5, almost 6, and was wanting to learn a martial art, so we started checking out some of the local places. We found 3 or 4 that we were interested in and took some introductory classes to get the feel of them. Well, at the last place we checked out he wanted me to participate in class with him, and now, here I am. We've been in class for about 3 months and are really enjoying ourselves.

I work full-time as a paramedic, and my husband is a firefighter. We only have one human child, but also have two dogs and a cat. Anything else anyone wants to know, feel free to ask.

ShelleyK

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to MT! My daughter is 7 and just started TKD with me a couple weeks ago :) She has a 6 week program that we paid for and we are debating on whether we have enough to keep her in class for the next year.
Im a green belt myself :) Might be moving to blue strip at the end of June!

Tensei85

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to MT! I trained in TKD for 10 years and really enjoyed it.

Domino

Black Belt
Reaction score
In your line of work Im sure its essential these days.
Good luck and welcome !

OP
epi-do

epi-do

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the welcomes! I keep poking around on here, reading lots. I figure, at some point I may even be able to contribute something in return, but at this point I definately have more questions than answers.