Looking for Fight Coordinator in L.A./SFV

DevonGage

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Sorry to just jump in, but I am on a tight deadline. I did read around through some of the threads and this looks like a great group of people.

I am currently directing a 10 minute short film that is being released as publicity for the feature film that it is based on. It is an action/drama and features one kickbutt fight scene and a couple other action segments. Our shoot schedule is 5 shoot days before our deadline of June 22. We have a month to get this in the can.

I have a background in Tae Kwon Do, Jeet Kune Do, Krava Maga and Haganah. I am currently handling the initial fight training, but gotten to a point where my lack of flexibility and being out of practice is keeping me from getting my lead actor ready for the shoot. That combined with the fact that I have so much else on my plate, I dont have the time to struggle through this myself.

The short film is an ultra low budget film and everyone involved is participating for the exposure. I'm looking for an LA or San Fernando Valley (preferrable) instructor or advanced Black Belt that is interested in film fight coordinating and would do it simply for the fun of it. I would prefer a Tae Kwon Do fighter, but any style would be fine. The style for the film is very STREET - drawing most from Krav Maga and Kali but with some high kicks and spin kicks mixed in. It would also be preferrable that the fight coordinator have access to mat time.

Sorry for barging in and asking so much, but for the right person that has long thought that this might be a fun business to get into, this may be a good place to try your hand at it and see if you like it. Training an actor with no experience to look like they do in just a couple months time - or less - is an interesting challenge, but one that is very rewarding.

Please respond either here, or my email is is my profile.

Thanks so much.

-Brian R.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
First off welcome to the site, man if I was only younger but like you I am old and need halp. We sure do have alot of TKD people around here an dI would post this is the TKD section so everybody can see it.

OP
DevonGage

DevonGage

White Belt
Reaction score
If you think that would be okay, then I will. I didn't want to come in an double post. With your blessing, I will.

And thanks for the warm welcome!

-Brian

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If you think that would be okay, then I will. I didn't want to come in an double post. With your blessing, I will.

And thanks for the warm welcome!

-Brian

It should be fine there since you are looking for a TKD guy really and yes it will be seen more in that section.

Latest Discussions