Originally posted by fist of fury

I hate when people won't admit that I'm a superior martial artist:D

*ahem* *cough* *cough* *cough*

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
I hate it when my instructor sets me up so badly for a backfist that I can see it coming in slow motion, but my feet, hands, and head just can't seem to be able to do anything in time.

I've also got to second Zorans post:

I HATE KENPO POLITICS!

Lamont

KumaSan

Blue Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
I hate class schedule changes that make me miss the Simpson's twice a week.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I ahte people who have never met or known me to try to use me as a pawn in their political games. A pawn is a trow away piece, most of the time. I dislike people thinking that if they inslut me or make me look like a fool that they hurt someone else.
If someone who trys these things they should know I don't ply well with others. I play by my rules on my time.
I know most will not know what this post is about but a few will. My friends are my friends my enemyies are my enemies and I deal with them on my terms.:flame: :biggun:

OP
T

tonbo

I hate those guys who have "studied" (i.e. read a book once) each of about 50 different martial arts and want to show you all the moves they know from each one. They also want to talk endlessly about them, from history, to philosophy, to details, etc. Only after learning about these arts yourself do you realize this guy is full of crap.

Also, they learn just enough from the book to pronounce the style right, but they never actually *practice* the art.....

Peace--

Carbon

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I hate in MA movies like The next karate kid, how all of a sudden she can do all these moves and crap like that only after about 1 week of training.

Also 4 days at a temple I don't think will give you the enlightnment to block all this crap blind folded, and to get a jump kick perfectly over a like a 6 foot gap.

OP
G

girlychuks

having my husband watch a class ( He drops in all the time.... I don;t think he trusts me being with all those men:mad: )

and having to hear for the hour afterwards all the stuff I did wrong, what my instructor did wrong, how he could kick the assof the guy that just creamed me in grappling (I'm 5'7, 150 pounds, my partner is 6'4 and 210 of rock hard muscle)

Grrr. He won;t step into the dojo to give any of my partners a try, but can lecture ME endlessly on what I am doing wrong.

I have my first tourney soon, and won;t have him there for that reason. I want to go have fun, and if I get my *** kicked, don;t want to hear why my form sucked or I missed all myblocks.

Damn. My husband sounds kinda like a dojo darling mom, doesn;t he??

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Try this, girlychucks:

Next time he pops into class, loudly tell the instructor that your husband thought such-and-such technique wouldn't work. Get you husband on the mat to demonstrate. Proceed to soundly kick his *** in front of the whole school.

I bet he'll stop dropping by as much.

Cthulhu
getting ready for work and in an evil mood

OP
G

GouRonin

Originally posted by girlychuks
Damn. My husband sounds kinda like a dojo darling mom, doesn;t he??

Armchair quarterback.

There is a huge differnce between constructive critizism and being a know it all who won't get on the floor.

A lot of great trainers were not top notch competitors but had a good understanding of how the game is played and worked. But they work their people to make them better. They get into the training itself and work with the person to make them better. Just pointing it out won't cut it.

OP
V

vincefuess

I have a brother who trained in Kyokushinkai back in the 60's- MAYBE reached blue belt or so. He has always knocked TKD- calling it a cheap/ simple/ ineffective art (especially when I was training in it). I was constantly droned with rerun stories of "in our dojo this" or "in our dojo that". When I dropped TKD and got involved with Goju-Ryu and Kenpo, all he could ever say was "about time you got into a REAL martial art". BLAH BLAH FREEKIN BLAH BLAH. Mind you, all this time he was just talking- his attitude has been surpassed only by the size of his butt.

Now his wife and child are studying TKD- and suddenly it's all DIFFERENT. THIS school does it different than the TKD schools he ragged on (yeah right)! They are both about to test for black belt after two years of study and no prior experience. NOW he thinks I should be up there training with them, and that as soon as they are black belts they will be my equal in MA skill.

It was the "armchair quarterback" comment that got me thinking about this. Girlychuks hubby sounds alot like my brother.

What do I hate? I hate when people you love can't just shut the "EFF" up and let you do what's right for YOU.

Zoran

Black Belt
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Girlychucks,

Maybe you should have a serious talk with hubby. Tell him something of how you feel and you would appreciate his support, not critism.

If that doesn't work. A finger whip to the throat may shut him up. :eek: Just kidding.....I think :rolleyes:

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
hey!

I hate the "20 year version" of Irimi Nage in Aikido with GREAT passion!!!!! :miffer: I believe it's one of those techniques that you have to have everything JUST RIGHT for it to work correctly. I can never get it quite right and I always forget to keep things in my center! I don't know why we have to learn this "20 year version" when I've only been doing Aikido for almost 2 years! Not fair! Let me do some other technique that I feel like I can do well!

Not to leave it on a low note, there are several other variations of Irimi Nage that are a lot of fun and are not too difficult (I think so anyway)! It's just that one 20-year thing!

Robyn :boing2:

bobster_ice

Black Belt
Reaction score
I hate people who take the ****(edited - see below) out of martial arts.

**** edited for profanity circumvention and appropriate language. Please let the filter do the work, folks. - shesulsa, MT Moderator

JAMJTX

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I hate:

people who lie about thire training. If someone made up an art I don't care. If they make up an art with no training or credentials, promote themselves and say they trained with Master so-and-so, then that is wrong. I hate liars in general.

seeing black belts on little kids. this is just silliness

Phoenix44

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I really can't stand it when people insist on telling you that they are a nineteenth degree black belt, when in fact they haven't trained at all in 35 years.

And then there's the person with no martial arts experience whatsoever who not only ask if you're a black belt, but also need to know what degree. Like, what exactly does it mean to you???

TLHisComing

White Belt
Reaction score
I hate:

1. mcdojos
2. 10 year old black belts
3. the my art is so deadly i cant speak about it to you guy
4. the my sifu is grand all mighty mumitymuk world champion back flip kicker and can beat up your entire school guy too.
5. jumping kicks, I hate jumping kicks with all the fury and rage of the universe.

kroh

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Hate:
1."Fun, safe, family, atmosphere." Grrrrrr-Chomp!
2. A little kid looking me up and down like I was a chump while I wore a white belt in a class the other night. Punt!
3. "I do MMA and your fancy panjamas can't do snot against me!" ...See this pal...it's called a gun...if I shoot you twice in the leg is that a double leg takedown?
4. "Fun, safe, family atmosphere." BANG!

Love:
1. An instructor who insists you call them by their first name and then shakes your hand. "Kill your title!"
2. Some one who has taken all the pretty certificates on the walls and shoved them in a drawer in favor of putting up anatomical charts about how to pick apart the human body and a poster on the proper mixology of the drinks served at the bar across the street.
3.This is your new training partner Miranda. Pay no attention to the fact that she is a stunt woman and a fashion model, she has put two guys in the hospital in the last week and drank the rest of us under the table last night.
4. A belt is something that holds up your pants.
5. Watching an MMA fight that is all precision and no long term hugging.
6. All the GrOoVy People on Martial Talk

Regards,
Walt

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Wow. Old thread. But I'll bite anways. My other posts in this thread still stand. I hate egos, the ones that play around in class (well my instructor doesn't put up with it now, thank goodness), McDojangs, and MA politics.

But I do have a few to add: I hate the ones that are in a chat room, admit that they are a white belt, and try to tell you that your art is ****(edited-see below). Just for the fact that the only TKD dojang they saw was a McDojang. I have been wanting to tell them, come to NY and see a real one ;) Sorry. I'm venting a bit.

**** Mod. Note: edited for profanity circumvention. Please let the filter do the work, folks. - G Ketchmark / shesulsa, MT Moderator

kroh

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Venting is good for the soul...builds character and keeps away nasty co-workers

Regards,
Walt

Latest Discussions