Weird Hang Ups and Quirks AKA: Monkees & More

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
My wife and were talking about weird hang ups today.
Her hang up is wet bread crumbs. If she even thinks about bread crumbs getting wet, she does that "hairball cough" that cats do.

Mine is monkees. Yes, monkees. I hate monkees. Now, when I say hate, I mean a deep, burning white hot hate. I have no way to describe or explain this. If a nature show or commercial comes on and shows a monkee, I don't usually turn the channel, I just sit there and seethe with anger. It's odd since I love animals and nature. I even love nature shows, but don't show me a monkee.

Now, if the monkee is wearing clothing, that cranks it up a notch and I have to turn the channel. The hatred gets to much to handle then.

I have no idea why I am like that.

AoG

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
I agree with you about the monkees. Especially that Micky Dolenz. He's insufferable. But I'd rather they keep their clothes on. ;)

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm with you AoG, monkeys are evil.

You'll even think they are more evil if you ever have feces thrown at you by them.

With my wife, it's clowns.

Jeff

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't mind monkeys, unless they are the ones driving at dusk and/or rain with their parking lights on (usually in big pickups or sports cars).

What are they doing? Parking down the road? It's getting dark, just turn your freaking headlights on!!!!

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
I agree with you about the monkees. Especially that Micky Dolenz. He's insufferable. But I'd rather they keep their clothes on. ;)

Here we come,
Walkin' down the street.
We get the funniest looks from
Ev'ry one we meet.

Hey, hey, we're the Monkees
And people say we monkey around.
But we're too busy singing
To put anybody down.

We go wherever we want to,
Do what we like to do
We don't have time to get restless,
There's always something new.

But were too busy singing
To put anybody down.

We're just tryin to be friendly,
Come and watch us sing and play,
We're the young generation,
And we've got something to say.

Any time, or anywhere,
Just look over your shoulder
Guess who'll be standing there

But we're too busy singing
To put anybody down.

(break)

But were too busy singing
To put anybody down.

We're just tryin' to be friendly,
Come and watch us sing and play,
We're the young generation,
And we've got something to say.

[repeat and fade]

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
While this was originally written by Neil Diamond this is one of my fav Monkees Song... :D Sorry AoG... it's what you get with Typos on this forum... :lol:

I thought love was only true in fairy tales
Meant for someone else but not for me.
Love was out to get me
That's the way it seemed.
Disappointment haunted all my dreams.

Then I saw her face, now I'm a believer
Not a trace of doubt in my mind.
I'm in love, I'm a believer!
I couldn't leave her if I tried.

I thought love was more or less a givin' thing,
Seems the more I gave the less I got.
What's the use in tryin'?
All you get is pain.
When I needed sunshine I got rain.

Then I saw her face, now I'm a believer
Not a trace of doubt in my mind.
I'm in love, I'm a believer!
I couldn't leave her if I tried.

OP
ArmorOfGod

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
A friend of mine had a hang up about brown paper bags. They made him nasueas. The thought of how dry they are made him very ill.

AoG

Mcura

Green Belt
Reaction score
Dry brown paper bags? I don't get it.

Now, a wet paper bag, that leaks and tears on you while supposedly holding your carton of chinese take-out food, that annoys me.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I hate the foam on the inside of those old seventies couch covers. I used to have recuring dreams about the stuff.
Sean

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have a love/hate relationship with the word "spackle". But I enjoy saying "spleen". Spleeeeeeeeen!

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
According to my wife, my biggest "weird thing" is stuff in ice cream. It's ice cream for gods sake, don't put crunchy, chewy, etc... crapola in it. For her the more garbage in her ice cream the better, needless to say we have 2 types in the freezer, the regular good stuff, and the loaded stuff. That and cats - don't get me going on that topic.

King

Green Belt
Reaction score
Well that was an interesting bit about monkeys. I'm personally not a big fan of monkeys but I find the word "monkey" funny.

Currently my biggest peeve is the sound of styro-foam rubbing against each other. I'm talking about that high pitch skreeching sound. Any longer than an accidental rub makes me want to pound/crush/destroy the source and/or the person responsible depending on their proximity to the styro-foam.

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Maybe I'm weird, or whatever... I hate the sound of a metal fork being used to scrape food off a plate. The sound sends chills up my spine! I also don't like bees, and bugs that fly close to my head, and I get the same reaction as the fork thing. My mom says it's sensitive hearing, and I've always been that way.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Is that so? Try telling that to my kitty... :p
I knew that would get somebody going. LOL They just are not good pets, I mean as an animal they just don't get the whole pet/pet owner relationship thing. I always get the feeling that cats think humans make good pets/servants because we can run the can opener, and if they ever figured it out they would off us in our sleep. No offense intended, we always had cats around while I was growing up and my sister still loves them to death along with most of my friends, but.... :wavey:

OP
ArmorOfGod

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
I knew that would get somebody going. LOL They just are not good pets, I mean as an animal they just don't get the whole pet/pet owner relationship thing. I always get the feeling that cats think humans make good pets/servants because we can run the can opener, and if they ever figured it out they would off us in our sleep. No offense intended, we always had cats around while I was growing up and my sister still loves them to death along with most of my friends, but.... :wavey:

Don't get me started. I have a large black cat and he is hands down the best animal that I have ever had. He follows me like a dog; he sits near me at the computer; twice he jumped a dog that got too close to my (then) 2 year old; he "patrols" around my children when they play outside; he is house trained; he loves on me when I feel like it and he avoids me when I am in a foul mood. That cat is the greatest.

It's kind of funny though. When my kids were 10 months old, I remember them pulling his tail and burying him in sand up to his neck and he just took it. That is the same cat that brings me a dead bird every couple of weeks, kills moles, and even kills squirells almost as big as he is.
I love my cat.

PS - His name is Trouble.

AoG

AoG

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Don't get me started. I have a large black cat and he is hands down the best animal that I have ever had. He follows me like a dog; he sits near me at the computer; twice he jumped a dog that got too close to my (then) 2 year old; he "patrols" around my children when they play outside; he is house trained; he loves on me when I feel like it and he avoids me when I am in a foul mood. That cat is the greatest.

It's kind of funny though. When my kids were 10 months old, I remember them pulling his tail and burying him in sand up to his neck and he just took it. That is the same cat that brings me a dead bird every couple of weeks, kills moles, and even kills squirells almost as big as he is.
I love my cat.

PS - His name is Trouble.

AoG

AoG

LOL a cat named Trouble.

I know there are exceptions to the snooty cat image. My sister had one that did everything except bark, I swear that thing thought it was a dog, same thing - follow her around, let her kids do anything to itself, etc... just not for me.

Latest Discussions