The real Mitt Romney, more people should know about him...

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
WASHINGTON, Sept. 12 (UPI) -- A straw poll of people in more than 30 countries shows U.S. President Barack Obama would win by a landslide if they were allowed to vote in the U.S. election.

Obama's support was highest in Iceland (98 percent); Netherlands, Portugal, Germany (97 percent); Ireland, Denmark (96 percent); Switzerland, France, Finland (95 percent); Italy and Turkey (94 percent); Brazil (93 percent); Romania, Saudi Arabia (91 percent) and Australia (90 percent).

Quite the collection of "spectator" nations isn't it.

If these countries actually provided for their own national security, on a realistic level, and didn't need the United States to keep them safe, and if they actually did more to keep the world safe...well, their opinion on this election might have some value. But if they prefer to provide cradle to the grave welfare to their citizens, instead of providing for their own national security, and then complain about the United States...well, shows you how much they really matter...to us or each other. Also, Saudi Arabia exports terrorist philosophy around the world, so including them is silly.

If they support obama, then it shows how little wisdom they actually possess as well. Don't worry, if obama wins again he'll probably stop by each of these countries and apologize, again, for some reason. He does read good speeches.

Yes, I can see why obama is so popular, he hangs out with all the "posh," people...

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2012/09/recap_obamas_work.html

While our embassies burned, Americans died, and violent protests against America continue around the globe including an attack on another Ambassador, our president jetted off to Las Vegas for a fundraiser, and on the heels of that one, had another hosted by Beyonce and Jay-Z where, by the way, no cameras or mics were allowed. (Apparently Obama doesn't want to tarnish his man-of-the-little-people image what with the floor to ceiling display of champagne bottles priced at $800 per bottle), gave interviews with entertainment magazines and posed for a photo spread, went on the David Letterman show, told Prime Minister Netanyahu he was too busy to meet with him, and idiotically blamed the Middle East violence on some two-bit "film-maker" whom he described as a "shadowy character."

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah Bill, because if everyone else in the world doesn't share your view, everyone else must be wrong.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Should've known better than to ask a question and actually expect an answer, BillC. That wasn't just an excuse to post more links to one of you 'sources', mate.

I really wanted to know what you thought and have a conversation rather than just be the target for the usual output of extremist 'commentators'.

I can only advise for one last time that it isn't doing you any good to read what those people write - they are paid to be controversial rather than journalistic after all. The problem is when you listen to what is essentially 'hate speech' for long enough then that controversy tends to etch itself into the reader and tapestries of assertions hung from a single hook become accepted, 'whole cloth', as a true image rather than a fabrication (in the sense of being an artistic creation).

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
What the **** do people in other countries know about the issues, concerns and party ideologies of American politics? Of course they would vote for him...he's following the euro/social model of politics.

While interesting as a media study I couldn't care less who a European would vote for..my ancestors left Europe because their home nations didn't have a great track record of political decision making.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, for all the good it does...

Quite the collection of "spectator" nations isn't it.

If these countries actually provided for their own national security, on a realistic level, and didn't need the United States to keep them safe, and if they actually did more to keep the world safe...well, their opinion on this election might have some value. But if they prefer to provide cradle to the grave welfare to their citizens, instead of providing for their own national security, and then complain about the United States...well, shows you how much they really matter...to us or each other. Also, Saudi Arabia exports terrorist philosophy around the world, so including them is silly.

If they support obama, then it shows how little wisdom they actually possess as well. Don't worry, if obama wins again he'll probably stop by each of these countries and apologize, again, for some reason. He does read good speeches.

I believe I answered that question all by my little self.

If I don't agree with you guys, then I guess I'm wrong. See how that works.

Have a nice weekend.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sorry ... I was trying to shine a little light on the global context of an election in a country whose actions have impacts around the globe. You'd be surprised I think on the attention we, non-Americans, pay to the politics of our allies and friends as well as our enemies.

The BBC covers American politics in quite some detail, for example. In the comment threads on news items on it's web site, it routinely gets accused by Republican's of being biased to the Democrats and by the Democrats of being biased to the Republicans so that's probably a good sign :D.

BillC, aye, sorry. On reflection I think I did get an answer from you rather than channelled Breitbart et al, it's just that I misread it at first of being just more Anti-Obama rhetoric - a case of seeing what I feared I was going to see rather than what was there. In case you or others are wondering why I piped up at all by the way, I, strange as it may sound, was just trying to open a dialogue that was a little more interesting than the round of nay-saying that the political elements in this forum usually follow.

Fail! :lol:.

Latest Discussions