the first couple videos from my test

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I for one think it imortant, for teachers, particularly to be clear in what they are doing. If I make a mistake, as a student, it results in one individual making a mistake. If I make a mistake as an instructor, it can be compounded multiple times.
Bottom line is TF already took his test, and this forum is not the place to retest, non should it be. If you have some problem with something, that is what PM is all about. That way it is between you and him, and not the whole site. You are overly stressing a point, and in turn talking to yourself.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice job Twin Fist, keep up the good work. :asian:

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have asked General Choi about what I was percieved to be an error in his book, and he was glad to have it brought to his attention. Others did the same. I am glad when my students ask me about what they percieve to be errors. Sometimes it is merely a miscommunication and sometimes Iscrew up.

Respectfully, TF isn't your student.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Looking really good....hottie. ;)

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
come on, dont leave me hanging.....tell me

TF very nice job, I can see almost som of the same techniques that we do. As far as the Earl test it was in reference to Earl Wiess retesting your test.
icon10.gif

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Beautiful job, TF. Clean as a whistle... sharp and crisp.

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
Excellent test sir! Really looked good. You should be proud. :)

Peace,
Erik

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A couple of points. #1. Twin fist had a thread with regard to his frustration about the pattern. It is now clear why he was so frustrated. He followed what all good students should follow, the stipulated parameters. If there is an error in the parmaeter, do you think it improper to find out? (It does not demean his efforts, it does question the standard he was following). #2. Would you consider it an authoritative text about the complete book of the alphabet, all 22 letters? #3. wuld you rather find out you were making an error, even if based on faulty information or would you prefer to commit the error forever and teach it to your students.

I for one think it imortant, for teachers, particularly to be clear in what they are doing. If I make a mistake, as a student, it results in one individual making a mistake. If I make a mistake as an instructor, it can be compounded multiple times.

I have asked General Choi about what I was percieved to be an error in his book, and he was glad to have it brought to his attention. Others did the same. I am glad when my students ask me about what they percieve to be errors. Sometimes it is merely a miscommunication and sometimes Iscrew up.

In this case the pattern has a diagram. 3 Horizontal lines bisected by a vertical line. The moves should follow the pattern diagram lines (more or less) in the verson reportedly contained in He Il Cho's book, the entire top line is missing.

I have tried to find AIMAA pattern video or text on line and was not successful.

But can you fight?

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
Bull in the ring self defense.

I am loving the level of contact TF. So often I see a lesser level of contact and I am glad to see you have maintained good contact when training SD.

Last edited by a moderator:

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
But can you fight?

Well, there have been battles won and battles lost. So, it might depend on whom you ask. However, I expect that even the victors respect a worthy opponent.

I can only wonder what the heck does the question have to do with the issues at hand?

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
If I were you I'd respectfully refrain from posting anymore on this thread but then I happen to not to have the gene that means I have to demean others efforts...in this case, very good efforts. As for only 20 (shock, horror), well pal, quality over quantity everytime.

Does a block work? yes? then it's a damn fine block. :ultracool

I note by your profile you are not a Taekwon-Do person. If you were and were familiar with the works by the creator of the Chang Hun patterns of which Se Jong is one(which is not to say he didn't have input from other noteables) as compared to the works by others containing the same material, their is no comparison between the quality of the original a sn subsequent editions vis a vis detail and explanation and the work done by others such as Jhoon Rhee and He Il Cho.

Note, this is not to demean other tremendous accomplishents and contributions by Jhoon Rhee and He Il Cho. However, having authoritative and definitive works on these patterns is not one of them.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I believe that first you might have to have an English slant on humourous holding up of 'mirrors' to a speaker to make a point but what was being referenced was an overly officious emphasis on detail.

What might be termed 'nitpicking' or 'hair-splitting' if I was ever to speak so rudely to someone who was not a friend.

It was not in and of itself a serious question about whether 'you can fight' but rather a tangential allusion to where the focus should practically lie.

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Earl,

The turns are performed as they are taught in the book by Hee Il Cho. Those books were published in the early 80's, if people are not performing it that way now, maybe THEY are the ones doing it wrong.....

Either way, thats the way my instructor wants it, so thats the way i learned it.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

FWIW, I researchded the pattern in the 1965 Book. It is unchanged since then.

Have you been able to find any AIMAA vids of people doing this or ask your instructor about it?