The Eye as a Target

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sure you gotta land it or there nothing there. If you are not landing it, you are not pressure testing it. Eyes are delicate and easily damaged. For some things, such as eye gouges, the danger outweighs the training benefits by a long shot. Bad idea to do it.

If you are not digging your fingers into your training partners eyes, and allowing them to do the same to you, you are not pressure testing them. You are merely extrapolating what might be possible from other training. Kinda like situational drills.

And so can only be trained on pads. As was the solution mentioned to this little dilemma.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
And so can only be trained on pads. As was the solution mentioned to this little dilemma.
Sure, and I can work my punches on a heavy bag. Also a useful thing to do. Also not pressure testing.

Here's a secret: it's actually ok to NOT pressure test some things.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sure, and I can work my punches on a heavy bag. Also a useful thing to do. Also not pressure testing.

Here's a secret: it's actually ok to NOT pressure test some things.

And so punching becomes the comparison. If you cant punch bare knuckle full blat. Then the only solution is to dead drill a pad?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Eye don't know about this thread.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
And so punching becomes the comparison. If you cant punch bare knuckle full blat. Then the only solution is to dead drill a pad?
Do whatever you want. Make your own solution. But you are not pressure testing an eye gouge if you are not actually gouging eyes. Do it if you want. I advise against it. If you do it, let us know how it turns out.

What is it you want to do?

Latest Discussions