Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
My 8 year old said "he is going to be the best fighter when he grows up."

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wow, that is cool. I must say he is good. Now, if you can get somebody to play the part of Dan Insanto.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hees really good with nunchaku, personally I wpuldnt want to attempt that. I hear that whipping noise as it passes just a few inches shy of hitting myself in the side of the head. (That makes me very nervous when using nunchaku) especially since their wooden

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
When I was a kenpo instructor and had students that were interested in learning them I would give them a stick and then tell them to go hit one of the padded poles holding the heavy bag rack as hard as they could. After they did that I would hand them a pair of nunchaku and tell them to do the same thing, when they came back with a bruise from the nunchaku rebound, I would ask them, "still want to learn nunchaku?"

I had a lot of students shift over to dao instead.

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
There are some martial artists that don't like the nunchaku because you don't have as much control over it as other weapons. This one guy I knew only preferred weapons that were one solid piece such as kali sticks for that reason, he wouldn't use anything with a free swinging part such as nunchaku.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
There are some martial artists that don't like the nunchaku because you don't have as much control over it as other weapons. This one guy I knew only preferred weapons that were one solid piece such as kali sticks for that reason, he wouldn't use anything with a free swinging part such as nunchaku.

I am that guy. I have never seen the nunchaku used well in a fight, they tend to lose to your regular ordinary sticks.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Quite amazing for a 5 year old, if that is so. Normally 5 y/o kids would not have the command of major muscle groups to be able to do that.

But it looked cool.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm impressed that he had the entire choreography memorized. At that age I did not have the attention span to learn something that long even if I had had the physical skills.

Latest Discussions