The entire family

ETinCYQX

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Wanted to share a quick picture from a grading the other day that a student took for me. It's myself, my sister, my Mom and my father, all of whom train and are ranked in Taekwondo. My parents started because my sister and I trained.

IMG_5725.jpg

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Awesome! OMG I love the picture. Normally you see parents showing off how proud they are of their kids, this is just the opposite. Thanks for sharing!

OP
E

ETinCYQX

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Awesome! OMG I love the picture. Normally you see parents showing off how proud they are of their kids, this is just the opposite. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Carol, I'm glad they train with us. They're both blue belts, my sister is red belt. I'm working right now with all three to get ready for 1st Dan gradings for them and 2nd for myself :) My Dad is still the best corner coach I've had, too, even though he's never competed himself.

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
You know what they say, the family that kicks together, sticks together. :)

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's a great picture. I'm a big fan of families training together. My wife and oldest daughter are 4th geups and my son is 5th. I'll have to find a picture and we can do a "show us your MA family" thread. :)

OP
E

ETinCYQX

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
That's a great picture. I'm a big fan of families training together. My wife and oldest daughter are 4th geups and my son is 5th. I'll have to find a picture and we can do a "show us your MA family" thread. :)

Excellent idea, there's a few on here with families who train. Get a pic and start a thread for sure.

Little different dynamic than my family, since I'm the BB and my sister also outranks my parents, but it's been a great experience for us together. Families training in any sport or activity together is great, especially in Taekwondo where there's so much to offer. Mom likes traditional forms and technique, Dad likes grappling/hoshinsul, my sister likes competitive poomsae and I like sport sparring. Always something for us to do.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Excellent idea, there's a few on here with families who train. Get a pic and start a thread for sure.

Little different dynamic than my family, since I'm the BB and my sister also outranks my parents, but it's been a great experience for us together. Families training in any sport or activity together is great, especially in Taekwondo where there's so much to offer. Mom likes traditional forms and technique, Dad likes grappling/hoshinsul, my sister likes competitive poomsae and I like sport sparring. Always something for us to do.

Parents always outrank their kids, regardless of the color of the belt. :)

OP
E

ETinCYQX

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Parents always outrank their kids, regardless of the color of the belt. :)

I'll find the video but at my first dan test, at 19 years old, before I was allowed to put my black belt on my master sat my parents in chairs in the middle of the room and I had to kneel and bow to their feet. I'm trying to convince him to have them do it to me, but he won't go along with it I don't think :D

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nice pic. Yea me and my wife and all three boys train together good times and puunui stop taking my lines :)

Latest Discussions