The Blue Gi

OP
B

Baytor

I could make a comment about people who think that, "If it ain't white, it ain't right." But I'll refrain.

OP
P

Patrick Skerry

IamBaytor said:
I could make a comment about people who think that, "If it ain't white, it ain't right." But I'll refrain.
Don't anthropomorphize!

OP
B

Baytor

But Patrick, by discribing a blue gi as an abomination, isn't that what you do?

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamBaytor

Don't anthropomorphize!
:roflmao:

Yes, "Patrick", treating you like a person, rather than a troll, may be a grave error!

OP
P

Patrick Skerry

Feisty Mouse said:
:roflmao:

Yes, "Patrick", treating you like a person, rather than a troll, may be a grave error!
That would be treating a troll as a person to be the anthropomorphic fallacy in logic.

OP
B

Baytor

Patrick Skerry said:
Sorry, I was responding to this. Looks like you posted again before I did, hence the appearance of agreeing with you on this issue.

OP
P

Patrick Skerry

IamBaytor said:
Sorry, I was responding to this. Looks like you posted again before I did, hence the appearance of agreeing with you on this issue.
I don't believe you! You were really agreeing with me on my position towards the imposement of the blue gi on judoka's by the dictatorial IJF.

OP
B

Baytor

Don't worry Patrick, I know you'll believe whatever you choose to, no matter what the evidence.

Now, I would like to know something. Why is it that my statement was considered "anthropomorphizing" and yours was not?

OP
B

Baytor

Do we score a point off Hollywood's drinking game based on that?:cheers:

OP
B

Baytor

notfooling.jpg

Patrick, just in case you forgot...

OP
P

Patrick Skerry

Now, I would like to know something. Why is it that my statement was considered "anthropomorphizing" and yours was not?
Hi IamBaytor:

The Anthropomorphic fallacy in logic is to attribute human qualities to either animals or material objects. To prefer a white gi over a blue gi, or to claim the superiority of a white gi is nothing more than that. The mere suggestion or entailment of a human connotation to a white gi is committing the anthropomorphic fallacy. So don't anthropomorphasize.

It is my opinion that the blue gi is an abomination, no human qualities are prescribed. No anthropomophic inuendoes or suppositions in that opinion.

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
you could forget that your a troll and the novelty of playing with you is running really thin....

OP
A

auxprix

Patrick Skerry said:
Hi IamBaytor:

The Anthropomorphic fallacy in logic is to attribute human qualities to either animals or material objects. To prefer a white gi over a blue gi, or to claim the superiority of a white gi is nothing more than that. The mere suggestion or entailment of a human connotation to a white gi is committing the anthropomorphic fallacy. So don't anthropomorphasize.

It is my opinion that the blue gi is an abomination, no human qualities are prescribed. No anthropomophic inuendoes or suppositions in that opinion.
New game: Drink everytime Skerry writes 'Anthropomorphic'

Latest Discussions