Tatoos

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have the worst timing... I was always a big Calvin & Hobbes fan so I decided to get Calvin on my arm. Two things happened almost immediately after: 1) Bill Watterson retired from drawing the strip; and 2) every Whiskey Tango in the country slapped a bumper sticker on their car showing a Calvin knock-off urinating on everything from the competitor brand to "my baby daddy/momma".

You'd be amazed how many people now don't even know about C&H anymore. Some guy came up to me and said, "Hey, that's that kid that pees on stuff. I like that guy!" *sigh*

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So... me and jetboatdeath went and got inked tonite... I added more to my 1/2 sleeve, and JBD got his kids names in Binary digits on his forearm. Im pleased with how the 1/2 sleeve is progressing, now that I have 3 of the 'Kan schools done... Koto Ryu, Gyoko Ryu, and Togakure Ryu... I took a couple pics tonite, but its late... so I'll try and get em uploaded tomorrow.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
And some pics...

267755960_6850d89583.jpg

267755958_6d9b846d5c.jpg

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
4086660078_5f6a3661b6_o.jpg

My hand, about an hour after it was inked with a UV Tattoo. Now that its healed, it's basically invisible (I have a small scar on one knuckle) and once I get it touched up, I'll post better pics.

teekin

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score

My hand, about an hour after it was inked with a UV Tattoo. Now that its healed, it's basically invisible (I have a small scar on one knuckle) and once I get it touched up, I'll post better pics.

WOW Cryo, I think that is just so Damn CoooooLLLLL. Amazing. :bangahead:lori

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

That is just bad ***! I want one of those!

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
John, that is wild. Totally cool. :asian:

SFS, what tats do you have? Share. :D

FierySquidFace

Green Belt
Reaction score
i have "sith" on my right shoulder (star wars geek for life. lol)

the hatchetman (the mascot for psychopathic records) on my left shoulder.

kanji for "speed" or "velocity" on right forearm

kanji for "precision" or "accuracy" on left forearm

(my brother and i are both bass players, and we got these kanji tatts together. right hand for plucking speed - left hand for fretboard accuracy)

a red robed ninja w/kama dropping down on someone unseen on inner right forearm, and a blue one, otherwise identical, on the inner left.

and chinese character for crazy on left pec.

FierySquidFace

Green Belt
Reaction score

dude, that is wicked. i'm getting one. i'm thinking the darth maul paint covering my head and face!!!

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have one tattoo, on my shoulder. I got it the day after I passed my black belt in 2006. I had been thinking about a tattoo for years, but the idea of getting a martial arts (eg a dragon or yin-yang) never occurred to me. An acquaintance showed me a tat he got in California after competing in the Iron Man. That made sense to me. My grading came after many years of training, so it seemed like something I could live with.

My son, about 15 at the time, helped me design it. I took a black gif of a tied black belt, put the calligraphy for hapkido and karate on it, and that was it. That was a big step for me -- I grew up with a negative stigma about tats. A couple of years later, when my son was old enough to get a tattoo, I visited the artist and had her add the circle with the colours of our belts, excluding the white belt, because I'm pretty pale skinned anyway.

My son has two nice shoulder pieces. He researched his family's ancestry very thoroughly, read a lot of mythology and history, and settled aspects of his heritage that he found appealing. My family's Norwegian, so he went with a Norse theme for his first piece. It's very nice.

The other shoulder is Native American. My wife is from Kentucky and her grandma was Cherokee. Tucker's a history buff, and was very moved by the Trail of Tears and decided to honour that as part of the image. I don't have a pic of that one.

Attachments

• $gord new tat.jpg
    $gord new tat.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 155
  • $Tucker Tatt 2.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 156

Latest Discussions