Tatoos

TwistofFat

Green Belt
Reaction score
You know, I have thought about this for a long time but to date (36 years) - no ink. Part - no stones, part have yet to find the right one...and have I looked.

Glenn.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
flatlander said:
Who's got Ink? I do, I tried to post a pic, but I'm as computer savvy as oatmeal, and it didn't work. How about YOU?

My brother in law owns a tattoo parlor. Suffice to say I have some ink, and am getting more.

I have, In no particular order...

A rose with a pair of Katana crossed behind it with the symbol for "completion" in japanese under it

The Rebel Alliance Logo from Star Wars

A band of Barbed wire.

A tribal spikey sort of ring with a yin-yang in the center

A small demon sitting on an open book leaning on a ninja-to sword.

Two upcoming projects are a forearm sleeve of Binary digits, in all black, and the Kanji for "Ninja" under my right eye... in blacklight ink, so you can only see it if I am in a blacklight.

And yes, I am aware of the controversy over the blacklight inks, but my Brother in law has several blacklight tattoos, some over 7 years old, when he frist started using those inks, and none of them have caused him any skin problems.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yup I have one... I want another one too :D

I have a small symbol of a wolf tatooed on my right "chest" area. I was such a chicken... I walked into the tatoo place, asked where it would hurt the least, he pointed to my chest and that is where it ended up.

It is an inuit symbol and is on a necklace that my grandfather gave me for christmas one year.

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
flatlander said:
Who's got Ink? I do, I tried to post a pic, but I'm as computer savvy as oatmeal, and it didn't work. How about YOU?
I don't like the same paint on my walls for too long...I think my taste changes too often and I always thought I'd regret it for that reason. Like when I was in High School and I used to wear those pointy, fur lined high heel clogs. Thank god those weren't permanent!
...*shudder* I really do like the way some look on other people though. I like the new trend for women to get them on their lower backs. Just curious...Do you ever get tired of them and wish you'd done something different, or could remove them? I remember when Angelina Jolie had her Billy Bob removed - they said it was twice as painful to remove it....ouch!

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Nalia said:
Yup I have one... I want another one too :D

I have a small symbol of a wolf tatooed on my right "chest" area. I was such a chicken... I walked into the tatoo place, asked where it would hurt the least, he pointed to my chest and that is where it ended up.

It is an inuit symbol and is on a necklace that my grandfather gave me for christmas one year.

Think about that one for a minnit... just why would that guy say it would hurt the least on your chest? hmmm

I almost gotten one and glad I didn't... personal reasons... I don't mind the temporary ones.. because ... well, they're temporary

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
MACaver said:
Think about that one for a minnit... just why would that guy say it would hurt the least on your chest? hmmm
:idunno:

:)

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I want this on my arm. I was told it would be better as a back piece. When I asked how much...they quoted an amount greater than my last workstation cost.

Needless to say....no ink for Bob...yet. :)

I'l also looking at a Celtic pattern and a couple other anime inspired pieces. So far, after 3 years they still seem like a 'good idea'. That'll prob. change a week after I get em done. I know my luck. :D

Attachments

• $Egypt.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 572

Baoquan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I have two - one a tribal-ish piece on my right shoulder that will eventually become a full shoulder piece, and some kanji on my stomach.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I currently have a rose on my lower abdomen (complete with thorns) and want a specific, Tibetan symbol on my lower back.

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Kaith Rustaz said:
I want this on my arm. I was told it would be better as a back piece. When I asked how much...they quoted an amount greater than my last workstation cost.

Needless to say....no ink for Bob...yet. :)

I'l also looking at a Celtic pattern and a couple other anime inspired pieces. So far, after 3 years they still seem like a 'good idea'. That'll prob. change a week after I get em done. I know my luck. :D
That'd be some pretty cool ink, bubba. A biz partner of mine recently got a picture of God, zapping down from the heavens, out of a book of classic paintings (by that homely art-appreciation nun on the educational channels)...complex and detailed, but looks great. I think this one will end up absolutely bitchin! I say start a cookie jar and go for it!

Dave

aka, Non kenPo lorD

oldnewbie

Purple Belt
Reaction score
None for me.... though my Brother decided to get his first wife's name on his bicep.

After the divorce, he bought a six-pack, a toothbrush, and some "ebson salt" (sp) and got rid of most of it.....( He was active Marine at the time )

Nasty scar...

Second wife never liked seeing it,

Third wife had him do an eagle over it... tatto artist made the scar look like a tree branch...kinda 3-D..

None for me thanks..

One question tho... girls.. why the lower back ?????

M

MisterMike

Thinkin' about gettin' my first.

I want my mon on my right inner wrist/forearm.

H

hkg

I was gonna get a tatoo or 'ink" as u guys call it but the thot of havin it when im 80 and my skin no longer wants to stay on my body kinda put me off! I would only get one of it meant somethin important to me.

lonecoyote

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I have a few. I even made what some people consider the biggest mistake and had a girls name (of course, now my ex) put on. Does my wife like it? No. but I remember that day when I look at it, and it was a good day, and it and she are part of who I am, so I'm not regretting it. I'm not real sure about people who get kanji, or asian alphabet character tattoos. The artist says "It means good luck" well ,how do you know? Do you read chinese? It could mean stupid barbarian. I know what the characters for kenpo look like, but that's about it.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have 2. Taz and a dragon. I would have liked to of had the dragon bigger but revenue dictated how large it would be. :)

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
hkg said:
I was gonna get a tatoo or 'ink" as u guys call it but the thot of havin it when im 80 and my skin no longer wants to stay on my body kinda put me off!

By then I wouldn't even care what it looks like, but seeing as how I'm gonna live forever, I see your point.

I have a werewolf on one lat and a werecat on the other. I thought about getting a werebear in the center, mabey a hawk up top and a rattler down low, but that's getting a bit out of hand. I'm going next week to get the "Don't Tread on Me." flag on my right pec and the word "Adsum" on my left delt. The most important thing is, indeed, that they have meaning.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
oldnewbie said:
One question tho... girls.. why the lower back ?????
Gives the dogs something to look at.

LOL - why the bicep? LOL

Latest Discussions