Systema Work Out...

Discussion in 'Russian Martial Arts' started by GouRonin, Aug 18, 2002.

1. GouRonin

GouRonin Guest

When working out in Systema what do you like to wear and why? Shoes or not? Military gear or other?

Myself. I wear shoes most always when working out. I figure I will be wearing them when I have to use this stuff so I better get used to it. But I do go barefoot for a change once in a blue moon.

Clothes wise I have cargo pants I like to wear but I also have hospital pants I use as well. (Yes I know they are stolen. That is illegal. I'm going right to hell)

T-shirts for me because after a bit I'm too hot for anything else.

2. tmanifold

tmanifold Guest

I have always wondered why people who are not in the military, but practice a military style martial art feel the need to wear Combats. I HATE those stupid things. Those:soapbox: pants never fit right, they're uncomfortable and they aren't all that strong.

Seriously, is it to establish that said art is a military art? I prefer a good set of Judogi pants and depending what I want to do, a tshirt or bare-chested. If I want to be able to grab cloth then a strong Gi to is the most economocal way to go or a old jacket with the zipper or metal buttons removed.

Tony

3. Roland

Roland Black Belt

• Founding Member
    .......when you start wearing those 'combat' pants outside of training! :eek: :eek:

4. GouRonin

GouRonin Guest

I went to a surplus store and the cargo pants I have are way stronger than the the Judogi pants I have. I suppose that the older ones may have been of a heavier material.

I'll never understand why karateka and Judoka have to get all done up to work out. At least the Judoka have a reason because they use their Gi a lot.

5. arnisador

arnisador Sr. Grandmaster

• Martial Talk Alumni
    The karateka adopted judo customs--the kyu/dan grades, the gi--because it made (Okinawan) karate more acceptable in Japan proper. It was marketing. Judo is consdiered a gentleman's art, while karate is a ruffian's art, I'm told.

6. tmanifold

tmanifold Guest

I guess I have spent to much time in green.

Tony123