$$ spent on training gear. Lookin' good?

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I realized while I was running the other that between the wicking material of my socks, short & shirt, & the cost of my running shoes: I spend more on that stuff than I do with what I wear to work. I'll shop to get better clothes for running or MA, but shop at Target or Walmart even for Dockers & pollos for work.

Does anyone else spend more $$ on workout gear (to get the "best") & care less about other clothes they wear?

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I haven't bought new clothing for every day wear for years. I have bought a few pair of shoes and some work clothing because I needed a scrubs for work.
YES I spend way more on my uniforms and equipment hen i do on other stuff

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
Almost everything I wear is athletic clothing.

Somebody better have died for me to be wearing a skirt or shoes that arent flip flops or tennis shoes.

However, when I do buy "real" clothes I usually pick the least expensive which still look nice. When it comes to karate stuff... I'm buying whatever I want, despite cost.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Guilty!

But I get a uniform allowance for work, so that part is easy. Besides that I'm pretty much a jeans and t-shirt guy (and most of my t-shirts are MA based). I don't know if money wise I spend more, but I sure put alot more thought into what I buy for workout gear than I do for day to day stuff.

Lamont

Sapper6

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
too funny.

I used my last clothing allowance to buy new sparring gear.

I get roughly $400 a year toward uniform purchase/upkeep and it almost never goes toward that.

painstain

Green Belt
Reaction score
luckily my work is martial arts. i am addicted to sparring gear. i love getting new gloves. i must have 6 pair now which would be more but i give my old pairs to my students who can;t really afford it. i've got 5 punching bags only one is hanging up. i don't know how many pairs of chucks i have. i love gear. everything else is wal mart and good will.

painstain

Brandon Fisher

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yep I wear a lot of shirts I have gotten free via my DJ career from various companies. Haven't bought many shirts in the past 9 years at all. Gis adn belts I spend a lot on.

Latest Discussions